Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I don't normally stick to seasonal fragrances tho there are some such as My Way and Donna Born in Roma Yellow Dream that I usually keep for spring and summer. It might be fun to do a stretch of fall style fragrances so maybe I'll do

Kilian Princess

Lancome La Vie est Belle L'Extrait

JPG La Belle

Guerlain Shalimar

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille

Herrera Good Girl

Myrurgia Maja

B&BW Into the Night

I haven't worn Good Girl, Shalimar or Maja in some time so it will be nice for these three to see some use.  

I guess these are mostly warm fragrances. No pumpkin and fires etc for the most part. At some point maybe I'll restock a pumpkin fragrance. Tobacco Vanille is infamous for being Christmas in a bottle but it is more like Thanksgiving to me.

Carolina Herrera should make a Good Girl room fragrance if she hasn't yet. The room where I sprayed myself smelled delightful even the next day.

@Margalee I agree, Carolina Herrera makes some of my favorite perfumes. I swear they've yet to drop anything I haven't enjoyed within their fragrance line, I'd definitely buy a Good Girl room spray.

I've tested Burberry Her twice. I was afraid of making my headache worse so I chickened out on really spraying the other day. Burberry Her is quite pleasant. It's soft and fruity. Powdery. It's got a low projection for me. It didn't last more than four hours. The second round I did five sprays from the vial and it's lasted longer and I can smell it better but it is a soft fragrance to me. It very comfortable feeling, comfy clothing and and something like a warm fruity latte. If fruity ice cream or gelato could be warm like cocoa this is it. Burberry fragrances aren't something I have liked in the past but this one is nice.

I love the Her line, especially BURBERRY Her Eau De Toilette  and BURBERRY Her Blossom Eau de Toilette  .  I do wish they lasted longer but the rollerballs are better than the sprays (in my experience)

So excited that I get to bring out my fall line-up. I bought a lot of these fragrances out of season so I’m ready to put a dent in them.

Indigo by Nest: When you want to feel like a cozy hedge witch, tea mug in hand.

Book Personal by Commodity: My second favorite scent for thick sweaters and thicker books days.

Whispers in the Library by Replica: Top choice for book lovers. It is criminal that they discontinued this. Resinous woods and vanilla with beastly longevity. 

Red Panda by Sanctuary: I don’t know why Sanctuary doesn’t get more love, I’ve sampled three of their scents and they’re all beautiful and complex. Red Panda has notes of black currant, bamboo, vanilla orchid and sandalwood. Gorgeous and it lasts all day.

Love Don’t be Shy: I’m surprised by how much I reach for this, but it’s my favorite when I want to curl up in a big hoodie, some fuzzy socks and a sweet treat.

@OlfactoryObsess Very good line-up! I love Indigo by NEST and think your description is so spot on, haha! Most things that Replica makes just hit different to me, I unfortunately have not gotten to try Whispers in the Library but it sounds truly lovely. What a shame it's discontinued. 

Haha thanks! Replica is very hit or miss for me as well. Whispers in the library was a lucky blind buy but I wouldn’t recommend going that route 😅 angels share by Killian does have a similar vibe without being as woodsy

@OlfactoryObsess I need to look up that Red Panda, sounds good!

I love sanctuary. You can sample them on Scentbird if you have a subscription but they have a sample pack on their website. Plus every purchase supports wildlife organizations ❤️

NEST New York Indigo Eau de Parfum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL is the top pick in my fall line up. 

Recently, I managed to fall in love with Commodity Velvet+ Bold Eau de Parfum 3.4 oz / 100 mL … I really love this brand’s concept. 

I love commodity! I definitely need to sample more in their scent space collection but I’m hoping they’ll bring back the archives before the holidays. Velvet and gold are next on my sample list

A favorite of mine this time of year is Tom Dao by Diptyque. It almost has a rain-like quality to it in the best way. Smells like when the air starts to get a little colder. It's a pretty unisex fragrance that isn't overpowering but definitely has people asking what you're wearing. 

It's a good thing I put spending on a pause. Kilian has come out with some new things. One thing is I have always wanted that pretty, pretty white and gold atomizer but the fragrances I don't have or haven't tried are in the black atomizer. Which is nice but not as fancy as the white and gold. Anyone get a puff of Smoking Hot yet? 

It’s that time of year that I pull out my By The Fireplace. It’s such a great Fall/Winter scent. I also start wearing Coco Madamoiselle.  

My next scent I'm also working on is CLEAN RESERVE Classic - Cool Cotton 

2/5- The initial spray of "Cool Cotton" is an invigorating burst of mint, awakening your senses with its brisk, minty freshness. This opening note is undeniably strong and attention-grabbing. However, it quickly evolves into something softer and more familiar as the mint gives way to a pure cotton aroma. The scent transition is seamless, and within moments, you're enveloped in the comforting sensation of clean laundry.

As time passes, "Cool Cotton" takes on a fruity twist, adding a layer of complexity to the fragrance. This fruity cotton note adds a touch of sweetness without overwhelming the overall cleanliness of the scent. It's a delightful surprise that keeps the fragrance interesting.

This fragrance lasted about 10 minutes before it heavily faded down to almost undetectable. After 8 hours it was completely gone.

@Samtian sounds way better than their warm? cotton blend. It is way too strong for me. I never made it to spices or fruits or anything. I had to wash it off. I'm glad you found an enjoyable one.

@Margalee I don't like the warm one either, but I'm not a fan of cotton notes. 

Testing Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Nerolia Vetiver. I guess I can't complain too badly because I sniffed the vial before spraying and smelled soap. I still decided to test it and will say if you love super old fashioned soapy scents you might just love Nerolia Vetiver. I am hoping the powdery soap scent will ease but I'll have to wait. Also IMO this is unisex.

@Margalee that sounds like a let down. 

@Samtian I have been interested in the Aqua Allegoria line for some time so it was. I am not keen on super soapy scents. It's been 5-6 hours and I still have the old fashioned soap bar right there. Haha I went ahead with it bc I hoped it'd change notes. It didn't. Still smells like when I first sprayed it. 

4,247 Replies
testing