Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Notes for the new NARS Audacious fragrance

TOP NOTE: White Frangipani and smoke of incense
MIDDLE NOTE: Tiare flower, Ylang Ylang essential oil, Sandalwood
BASE NOTE: White Cedar essential oil, White Musk

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Mochapj , thx god for it's not another Orgasm.  😉 I like the notes ... Hopefully we will see some samples soon 😉

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

This is the bottle for HdP 1926. This one is my favorite from the Opera Collection.

spicy floral; fem.
Top notes: Narcissus, Ginger, Orange Blossom, Pear
Heart notes: Carnation, Jasmin, Patchouli
Base notes: Leather, Amber, Incense

Main notes: Narcissus, Carnation, Incense

Like Princess Turandot, this irresistible and mysterious perfume airs elegance with its floral bouquet ruled by Carnations and then succumbs to its more powerful and sensual Amber nature.

With the utmost delicacy, Carnation opens up to Leather’s might like a sensitive soul who only gives its heart in complete sincerity.

Thankfully for me the leather and incense are not strong smelling on me in this one. Same with the hippie frou frou note. I can detect them, but something beats them out I just am not sure which note or notes it is.

@Samtian  I just ordered a sample of a fragrance based on the Turandot opera too though this one is by Amouage 😄

Very pretty bottle 

The bottles for Chloe's new Atelier des Fleurs line looks a lot like GUCCI's Memoire. Maybe it's a new trend moving away from the minimalist Le Labo or Byredo look?

Chloe_ATELIER_DES_FLEURS_VERBENA_W_001589190_99999_0099_002_100_0000_Light-Gucci-Mmoire-dune-Odeur-60ml-Eau-de-Parfum

I'd paste the descriptions of the Chloes but to be honest, it's all just marketing fluff about, get this, memories, and no notes pyramids so who knows what they'll actually smell like. Here's one example

Cedrus, woody musk

Behind this woody Eau de Parfum, with either tender and subtle notes or warm and musky ones, lies the perfumer's childhood memory of a playful lover's gift: a bouquet of branches that Quentin Bisch's father gave to his mother.

The fluted edges remind me of the older TF ‘orchid’ and other signature line bottles (Sahara Noir, Grey Vetiver) but I prefer the profile of the taller bottle. It makes it much more of a pleasant columnar shape.

So glad the ugly bottle trend is coming to an end, I was being driven to drugstore.

@pocketvenus I like the look! It reminds me of some of the old bottles I've seen at relatives.

floral powerdy; fem.
Top notes: Italian Mandarin Essence, Néroli
Heart notes: Iris Florentina Absolute, Heliotrope
Base notes: Cedar essence, Sandal, Musk

Main notes: Neroli, Iris Florentina Absolute, Sandalwood

With complete elegance, this powdery floral scent embraces Madame Butterfly’s delicate femininity. Iris with its complex design radiates through its communion with Mandarin and Neroli, while Cedar and Musk impart a sensuality attributed to the Levant.

In this fragrance, Iris and Cedar prevail with finesse, like the most faithful of loves, one of true commitment. 

This one I liked well enough. Not as much as I thought I would. And naturally because I like it it's gone after not even 3 hours of wear time. 

@SamtianThe good ones never seem to last!!

@pocketvenus That is the truth!

oriental leather; fem.
Top notes: Coriander, Pepper, Orange Blossom
Heart notes: Rose, Jasmin
Base notes: Patchouli, Leather, Incense, Amber, Musk

Main notes : Orange Blossom, Rose, Jasmin, Leather

1890 is the perfume of the Slavic soul and of the all-consuming passion for the Queen of Spades. With captivating smoldering wisps, the Frankincense, Amber, Musk and Patchouli blend together like a seductive charm to which we willingly surrender.

Leather and Incense invoke an intensity of souls sensually smitten with love’s twists and turns.

Yep I knew I wouldn't like this one. Leather, Incense, and Rose are three of my top like 6 ingredients I hate the most.

@Samtianoh that sounds really good! I love leather and incense 🙂

I have to agree, I love the lady biker chick smoking cloves in her leather motorcycle jacket with a single rose standing by a field of hippies vibe.

@pocketvenus  I thought you would like it haha. If you want I am more than happy to send it your way.

@Samtianoh my goodness! I am trying to whittle down my stockpile of samples but that is really so kind of you to offer <333  You are a peach! 🍑💗🍑💗🍑

@pocketvenus No problem!!

Malle will be releasing a new fragrance from JC Ellena!

At the fore, an emphatic reinterpretation of rose; pure, streamlined, uncompromisingly modern. Blended with a unique extraction of timut pepper, geranium bourbon and a note of cassis for freshness and spice.

Yet a quiet storm lies beneath: vetiver and cedar forms an earthy bed of dark, mysterious leather with IsoButyl Quinoline at the center – an intensely bitter molecule, largely forgotten since its use in the daring perfumery of the Jazz Age.

At once sparkling and sober, a recognisably floral composition is shadowed by a dramatic, yet controlled sensuality.

fm_sku_H50X01_630x615_0

I’m loving this modern era of rose scents I want them all.

Fragrance Junkie Central

I got my hands on a bottle of byredo slow dance yesterday and omg it is amazing! It is as if pulp, and gypsy water had a baby!
testing