Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

A couple news related items today.

First, a discussion on basenotes revealed there's a new Frederic Malle coming out called The Moon. Apparently it was selling at Premier Avenue and then taken down. Apparently Malle will be raising its prices August 1st? 😞 Like all the other E Lauder houses, the prices seems to climb up regularly.

premiere-avenue-the-moon-100ml-frederic-malle.jpg

Queen of the night. The moon speaks to lovers everywhere: their poetry and dreams forever move to her rhythm like the tide, loyal to her mystery. Oud commands a sea of patchouli and sandalwood, bound by amber and tinted by a setting sun of violet, rose and raspberry. Moonlit confessions.

In more oud news, Juliette has a Gun is releasing another oud fragrance called In the Mood for Oud.

in-the-mood-for-oud-eau-de-parfum_000000000006471285

Oriental notes of bergamot and oud wood open up to reveal bold essences of papyrus, saffron and raspberry, before base notes of vanilla and tonka bean envelop the senses with a seductive flourish of citrusy aromas.

Anonymous Insider

I LOVE Smith & McCain’s The Invitation !!! ❤️

D3D49A13-9CA7-40F0-B320-F2CA51916D01.jpeg

Hello all,

So I got the chance to try Metallique yesterday, and wanted to share my thoughts. I tested it on paper first, and while it didn’t seem like it was going to be my jam, it wasn’t anything super offensively strong so I decided to try it on my skin.

On both the paper and my skin it smelled sweet. Initially there were white flowers and vanilla, but with a nuttiness and creaminess. After walking away from the counter, so a couple of minutes later I could detect stronger notes of vanilla, and then...oranges. And then orange soda o.O. 

Yup, 5 minutes in my husband and I were debating whether I smelled more like Sunkist or Fanta. Probably more like an orange cream soda. I checked again about an hour after applying, and at that point I caught a smell I didn’t hate - florals with more subtle sweetness and tobacco. Not like tobacco vanille, but more like SL Chergui. This just kind of flattened as the evening went on, and last night and today and it’s still there this morning (prior to showering). I still get the tobacco and slight white floral and vanilla but it all smells kind of soapy to me. I also feel like it has a baby powder quality to it without being powdery. Personally, it’s not for me. Obviously perfume is a personal experience and works differently with different body chemistries so YMMV. 🤷🏻‍♀️

@Libellules  Thank you!

I was going to blind buy this one but it looks like I will have to wait and test. Thanks again for the review!

@ChristalM you’re welcome! I was tempted to too. I love the bottle and generally of all the florals, find white florals the most enjoyable for me. I hope that you. Can test it soon and that you love it!

@LibellulesThanks for sharing your thoughts! I recall TF's Vanille Fatale basically smelling like hot chocolate to me ha ha.

@pocketvenus ooooh id totally be into hot chocolate ❤️

@Libellules I am laughing at this "Yup, 5 minutes in my husband and I were debating whether I smelled more like Sunkist or Fanta.

Thanks for sharing!

LOL, clearly it's not for me! A shame, because, from a branding perspective, it was really calling to me. I love the name and the bottle, but there is nothing metallic about the scent. Unless you want to think of a can of Sunkist O.O (which I did. It made me think of when I was 8, and we'd frequent our neighborhood pool and drink Sunkist from the soda machine :x ).

New scent from DS & Durga, Notorious Oud

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 11.06.20 AM.png

A couple new Margiela Replicas by Jacques Cavallier-Belletrud are on their way. Cavallier is the nose behind the new LV scents, the new Bvlgari teas, and the classic L'eau d'Issey.

Coffee Break immediately immerses you in the cosy ambience of a charming café. Aromas of roasted Arabica beans, fine desserts garnished with lavender blossoms and frothed milk cream unite to create a delightfully pleasurable fragrance that envelops you in a relaxing way. 

Notes are coffee, lavender, milk

Spingtime in a Park captures the scent of a green city oasis in spring. Flowers sprout. The first warm rays of sunshine of the year after a long, cold winter invite you to take a stroll. The delicate pastel shades of the fragrant flowers are a feast for the senses from which one cannot get enough. 

Notes are pear, lily of the valley, musk

mm-coffee

I am excited to try Coffee Break.  Although, it sounds more suited as a candle fragrance.  I’m interested to see how they deliver this one and how it translates into the skin.  

Omg yay @ Coffee Break! I love coffee and have been hoping to find a good perfume to capture it. Fingers crossed MMM is it 😄

@Libellules Have you tried

ATELIER COLOGNE - Café Tuberosa Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume?

@pocketvenus I have not! I’m pretty picky about rose (and florals in general). How would you describe it?

@Libellulescoffee with a swirl of tuberose cream. I can't remember what the dry down is like but I remember finding the whole thing very clever.

Oh, and I just remembered, Kilian does a coffee too KILIAN Paris Intoxicated 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray. Been a long time since I smelled it though but it gets good reviews.

Thanks @pocketvenus ! I will have to try Cafe tuberosa!

There is a Killian one I tried, Black Phantom - Memento Mori which has coffee in it, but it is more subtle. I’ll have to try Intoxicated! Thanks so much for the recommendations 🙂

@Libelluleshappy to spread the perfume love 🙂

They sound refreshing 

Very excited for these, can't wait to smell them!

Very excited for these, can't wait to smell them!

@pocketvenus  Omg, so excited for these!!! 😃

5 Replies
testing