Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

I almost purchased Lilac Love blindly based on the notes and BOY am I glad I did not - I’m wearing it today because I got several 3ml high end samples from Niche Scents (a store in Toronto whose online store sells 3ml samples - a good option for Canadian ladies because there is no postage over $75). It’s not that I’m hating this fragrance but there is NO lilac in it whatsoever and the powder (bc it’s amouage it’s a lovely iris flower and/Orris butter but mega POWDER all the same) is the most dominant here - there’s the powder first with some soft background florals (but not lilac) and the MOST subtle cacao note that is barely there with a hint of vanilla warmth but to me this fragrance is extremely powder dominant. Like all Amouage fragrances it’s so well constructed that I’m enjoying it even if it has notes I don’t normally love but I’m glad I didn’t shell out the big bucks for something that is not at all what I hoped it would be. They shouldn’t have lilac in the name bc it’s nonexistent here.

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@RoseCharlieNiche Essence is great!! And that's a very deceptive name! Interestingly, this is what Luckyscent wrote about Lilac Love: Disclaimer: this is not a lilac perfume. This is a lilac-colored angora sweater that you want to wear on your naked skin while rolling around on 1,000-thread count sheets with a basket of gray Persian kittens. Notes: Jasmine, rose, gardenia, peony, heliotrope, orris, cacao, tonka bean, sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Guerlain is releasing a new flanker, Shalimar Souffle d’Oranger.

A sparkling and glittering fragrance combining petit grain, neroli, and vanilla to sublimate the orange blossom note. Perfumer Thierry Wasser starts the creation with citrusy aromas leading to the heart of neroli and Sambac jasmine. The base contains sandalwood, vanilla and orange blossom absolute.

The bottle is very fun!

o.76825

RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

My mom wore this scent for years it’s a classic

RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Oooohhhh I love orange blossom I would be really interested to know what this smells like!

Re: RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@RoseCharlie @sephoraaddict918 @Samtian 

The original souffle flanker is very pretty too!

ALV583_in_xl

That bottle is SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! 

So pretty!

Nordstrom's website is now carrying Gucci Bloom's newest flanker, Gocce di Fiori

Blended to convey the budding first days of the season and the heightened rush of promise in everything new, Gocce di Fiori is a delicate eau de toilette rendition of Gucci Bloom. Ethereal and soft like the raindrops that fall in spring, Gucci Bloom Gocce di Fiori is a light, fresh version of the original scent. Delicately perfuming the skin, the fragrance is reflected in its Italian name Gocce di Fiori, meaning flower drops. It is blended by master perfumer Alberto Morillas, who also created the other Gucci Bloom scents from the idea of Gucci's creative director Alessandro Michele. Instead of a classical fragrance pyramid construction of top, middle and base notes, this eau de toilette opens fully at once with a trio of highly concentrated noble ingredients of jasmine bud extract, natural tuberose absolue and rangoon creeper. Rangoon creeper is the flower that embodies the Gucci Bloom scent story's concept and name, as it changes color from white, gradually darkens to pink, then finally turns red when it blooms.

4b2aace8-de1d-4fcb-b8fb-bda534c3182b

Does anyone have any experience with the large tom ford falcons? Any evaporation issues? They are just large dabbers correct? I had an opportunity to get one at the cco this weekend and I passed (now regretting maybe) because I was concerned about it evaporating before I could finish it. 

You can buy the atomizer in sephora I think around 7-10$.

You can buy the atomizer in sephora I think around 7-10$.

@ChristalM  to add to what @pocketvenus said, the flacons used to come with a TF travel sized atomizer (I think it held around 1oz)

Not sure if they still do, or if the ones from CCO will but just thought I'd mention.

@Mochapj@blackkitty2014 

@pocketvenus 

Thanks! I realize they are for decanting for every day use but would you say that the falcons evaporate at all? I am still debating the purchase 🙂

@ChristalM, I don't have personal experience with them but have read the TF stoppers form a good seal. If it's a real concern, you could decant the whole thing into an airtight container!

@Mochapj I don’t think they do anymore. I bought one for my husband about 2 or 3 yrs back from Neiman Marcus and it didn’t come with it. After that to avoid hassle of transferring we just bought 100ml bottles instead 

@ChristalM, You are right, there is no spray. The flacons are meant for decanting, rather than daily application. To minimize evapouration, it's best to decant into a smaller atomizer.

Fragrance friends! I am going to NYC soon is anyone aware of a place to purchase 

Farmacia SS. Annunziata?

@ChristalM  Brooklyn Tailors. You can check online what fragrances they have available.  

@lyravega thanks for the tip! 

New L'Artisan, Bana Banana

Screen Shot 2019-03-08 at 1.44.38 PM.png

Sounds intriguing and I can't wait to sample it. I wonder how it compares to Hermes vanille galante (created by Celine's dad Jean Claude) - which is fairly banana-ish to my nose.

testing