Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@RNGesusPlseverything seemed on track and then woah! ha ha

@pocketvenus  thanks for the feedback; I'm also not a fan of some of his more commercial work however I was hoping these would be a little more unique and interesting.

That said, I tried the ELDO scent that also contains a bodily fluid accord years ago and it was without a doubt the worst thing I've ever smelled in my life, so I don't have a lot of hope that Night would be much better, LOL.

I also hadn't seen the interview on Fragrantica yet, so thank you for pointing me in its direction 😉

@Mochapjit seems like the three left out were the more unconventional ones: cannabis, cigarettes and the last one! These definitely sounded more interesting. Cigarettes sound gross but I actually quite like the ELDO Jasmin et Cigarette. I hear you about ELDO's Secretions, the whole thing is more like an obnoxious art piece designed to provoke and offend than something I can imagine people enjoying wearing. Cresp says in the interview that his take is different although I'm not sure that accord needed to be revisited!

Anyone enjoy Maison Francis Kurkdjian? On my recent travels I got an 8 piece travel set and I am making my way through. Definitely few gems in there though!

@ChristalMany favourites or recommendations?

@pocketvenus  I do love Baccaraat Rouge but my favourite is gentle Fluidity gold. A sweet floral. Beautiful!

@ChristalM, nice, I've been meaning to smell the two Fluidity ones 🙂

I have the men's wardrobe set as well as the oud set that come with the travel sprays.  I also have a full size of Grand Soir which is my favorite from the entire collection.  I know everyone loves Baccarat Rouge 540 but it just does not work on my skin.

Me @ChristalM I have couple ones in my wishlist.  They're a bit pricey so i havent got them yet

They definitely are! 😞 I sprang for the travel set as a travel splurge. I also got a nice GWP of a 5ml spray of Baccarat Rouge 540 and some extra spray samples.

More details on the 3 olfactive studios scents 

442E0BB1-2804-48DD-9A2F-D2DC669E6E55.png

4B3B4F32-DD78-44B9-A99D-8634184748AE.png

AF45070F-CD26-42E6-BE78-F05ECA1D549B.png

Looks like Olfactive Studio are coming out with 3 new scents from their ‘shot’ line by Dominique Ropion; Iris Shot, Rose Shot and Violet Shot07608502-BAED-43C5-8767-3C5C7D8B4C00.png

034055E1-F402-400B-8261-D11AA1A4B616.png

35FE9B12-1D72-4241-8675-E9D24A9B3649.png

Byredo recently announced a new release, Sundazed.

Inspired by an endless summer, this scent will evoke all those childhood memories of fairgrounds and long, sun-soaked days with top notes of Californian lemon and mandarin, a heart of neroli and Arabian jasmine and a base of sweet cotton candy and white musk.

Some new scents coming for Guerlain BA63BC6D-0099-42F6-B39A-356EAA0DE999.png

FF8DB97F-9A12-4114-938D-726677B4A879.png

For anyone curious, the Chinese characters are fragrance notes! Cuir Intense is a new release with osmanthus, sandalwood, cedar and tobacco. Bois Mysterieux's notes are neroli, laurel, atlas cedar, patchouli, jasmine, leather and myrrh. I believe Encens Mythique is an older release? Maybe it's a re-release, I recall them cutting some of their oriental fragrances out a few years back.

guerlain_cat19_g013678_w_cmyk-5eb74

A new release is coming from Chanel in its Les Eaux collection, this one called Paris - Riviera. Inspired by the Côte d’Azur of the 1920s.

Top Notes = Petitgrain, Orange zest
Heart Notes = Jasmine, Neroli
Base Notes = Benzoin, Musk

I want to point out here that petitgrain, orange zest and neroli are all from the same plant, bitter orange tree. Petitgrain, also known as the poor man's neroli, is derived from the leaves/twigs. Neroli is produced from the orange blossoms. Orange zest is from the fruit. So I see here, a representation of the entire bitter orange tree 🙂

Paris_Riviera_Fragrance-600x708

LE bottle designs for Kenzo World!

kenzo-fantasy-s

Cross-posted from the TF thread:

I had a chance to test out the new Lavender Extreme today at the counter. I’d say it definitely lives up to the idea of being Lavender to an extreme concentration but not in a bad way.

I find it different than Beau de Jour (not as masculine leaning) and (unfortunately for me) also not the Lavender Palm redux I was hoping for.

It is still a beautiful composition, though. The lavender and violet start it off very soft and feminine. Throughout, a little of the spiciness of cinnamon does drift in and out. The tonka gives it a vanilla-like sweetness which combined with the violet does somewhat remind me of playdoh, as I’ve seen noted in some online comments. Frankly, it feels like a kissing cousin of F Fabulous when you get the tonka.

I get different types of lavender when I inhale; sometimes it is a fine lavender soap kind and other times I find it more of a dry, twiggy potpourri. If you love lavender, I’d suggest giving it a sniff.

I won’t discuss whether it’s ‘worth it’ because I find the amount they’re charging for the 'special' bottles to be a bit absurd at this point.

I do feel like this is to lavender what lost cherry was to cherries - it’s not a bad composition, but it’s more of a harmony than an orchestra. I think it will probably have a similar fan base to LC since it does skew so incredibly girly.

@Mochapj Thanks for such a detailed review ❤️ Lavender and cinnamon sounds like a great combo.

Frederic Malle mini bottles

Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle perfumes are now also available as mini-bottles, in a volume of 30 ml. These black cylinder bottles have magnetic stoppers, and the prices vary from US $130 to $195, depending on the fragrance.

Mini collectors rejoice!

@VmasterI wish more houses did 30ml bottles!!

1 Reply
testing