Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@pocketvenus - Thanks for the suggestions, will def check those out. I dunno what a cool or warm spice fragrance is. That's just literally what is listed under Fragrance Type so I went w/ it lol. What would be a more appropriate description of Sinner?

@gymgirl2I'm so sorry I missed this! Didn't mean to imply there's a better way of describing the perfume - only that I don't smell it that way so I my recommendations might not have the vibe you're seeking. I personally would describe it as an spicy oriental.

@pocketvenus - No apologies necessary 🙂 When I smelt Sinner, I also was like "this is cool spice?" And honestly under Sephora's own category, it's listed as Warm and Cool Spice..... So who knows what the proper fragrance verbage is 😛

@gymgirl2, kind of confusing! 😛

Michelle Pfeiffer is releasing a "clean" line of fragrance developed with the IFF called Henry Rose. The five scents are reported on Fragrantica as

• Last Light, "fresh floral notes come together with musk and patchouli to create a smooth, woody effect"
  • Torn, "richness of vanilla bean blends with the earthiness of vetiver roots to create an aroma that is both spicy and floral"
  • Dark is Night, "woodiness of patchouli blends with the richness of vanilla bean for a decadent finish"
  • Fog, "lightness of vetiver wood is cut with a soft musk to create a perfectly balanced freshness"
  • Jake's House, "watery clean freshness encounters honeyed neroli for a light and clean musky finish"

o.77966

Juliette with a Gun is releasing a new scent, Vanilla Vibes.

Notes are fleur de sel, vanilla, orchid, sandalwood, tonka bean, brown musk and benzoin

375x500.54540

Has anyone tried MMM Replica Whispers in the Library? MMM typically isn't my favourite line, but this one sounds right up my alley (and I'm a sucker for all things bookish).

@lachaton  It got a sample of this a day or so ago. It is AMAZING. it is a sweet wood to me. It is very soft and stays very close to the skin. I will be getting a bottle for sure!

@lachaton I sniffed the tester yesterday lol. It's kinda warm, woodsy with a little hint of cirtrus to me, I think it is ok for the summer. Probably I will come back to spray it on my wrist one day when I don't have any other perfume on me! 

Canadian ladies! I see Ogilvy Montreal is doing a create your own Guerlain fragrance event. Does anyone know anything about these and the cost specifically?

@ChristalM  I just saw a post on Ommorphia about this, in case you're still interested

http://ommorphiabeautybar dot com/guerlain-·-my-personalized-fragrance-experience/

@Mochapj  Thanks! I saw that too and sent her a note around the fragrance "creation". It sounds like pick a fragrance and put it in a custom bottle more than fragrance blending 😞

Tom Ford Lavender Extreme

notes: lemon, violet, lavender, rose, geranium, cinnamon, coumarin, tonka

A new Etat Libre is coming out called Experimentum Crucis

maxresdefault

Aromatic, Floral, Woody

Top Notes apple cumin lychee

Heart honey jasmine rose

Base Notes akigalawood musk patchouli

I really want to know what's beyond gravity @pocketvenus Do you think it's so good you float off into space or you get squished down to the ground? 

@michelleshops, there's no ad copy like perfume ad copy 😄

Went to see the new beauty floor at Holts. It's looking very nice and bright! However, I learned that Kilian is redoing the way they present their fragrances (they've gotten rid of the old collections like Asian Tales) and are grouping them by type rather than creative story. You can see this restructuring on the website now. This means they have discontinued some fragrances!! I don't see some of the ouds like Pure Oud, Rose Oud, and the tea fragrances are gone! 😮

Luckyscent has the 2019 version of IFF speed smelling kit now available for purchase

Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.34.50 AM.png

So tempted!

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

IDK if this should be posted here or elsewhere but I guess it fits under “home fragrance” - I’ve been going crazy buying scented candles lately - because I go through at least a couple large candles a week (not just special occasions) i look for relatively reasonably priced but good quality. I just love Voluspa’s roses collection and macaron/sweets collection. I like Violet and Honey quite a bit, birthday cake is nice but barely there projection wise and my absolute FAVOURITE so far is Rose Coloured Glasses - rose, orange blossom, sweet creamy vanilla and Amber and the candle has the best performance. I have yet to try the Rose Otto or Bergamot Rose scents. Did not like “French toast” much. The second is the Seda France “Japanese Quince” scent - i love it! The candle is incredibly diffusive but it’s a very refreshing scent that smells very clean to me. A quick question to put out to the community - I’m in Toronto so I get these larger Voluspa roses candles from Indigo and I got this Seda France candle at a local shop but I’m bummed seeing how much cheaper it would have been for me to order this in the US (I paid more than twice the retail price) and I would like to get the larger Voluspa roses (Tin, 2 wicks) does anyone have any suggestions about where I might get these things - some of them can’t be had in Canada and some of the can but are ridiculously and needlessly expensive.

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

@RoseCharlie, you totally reminded me, I've been meaning to start a home fragrance thread in forever!!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Perfume-Posse/Home-fragrance-thread-%EF%B8%8F/m-p/4611711#M26385

The first candles I bought were Voluspa 🙂 I had a little set with multiple mini candles and I disposed of the leftover glass. Now, I wish I'd kept them 😞 The labels were pretty!

2 Replies
testing