Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@Vmasterha ha, might be rather messy given they're all reds. Though Wang said they would be releasing nude shades next.

@pocketvenus Curious if you've tried any of these yet? 

I find it hard to resist a new lipstick (especially red) and I'm curious about these ones 🙂 

@lachaton, I haven't tried it yet - I'll probably pop into Holts sometime next week and see if they have testers out on the floor 🙂 I'll tag you if I test anything!

These two LE Byredos escaped my attention! Has anyone tried them? The Bullion is sold out on Byredo's website but I see it's still available on Twisted Lily.

RODEO (Leather, Violet, Suede, Black amber, Vetiver)

Rodeo the fragrance captures the scent of the rodeo itself. It’s the art and poetry of the rodeo, the violence, the fascination with and, the extremity of it. It’s the crackling sound of an old saddle, the singular focus of the bull rider. That moment when everything is calm, just before the rodeo starts.

BULLION (Black Plum, Pink Pepper, Leather Accord, Magnolia, Osmanthus, Dark Woods, Sandalwood, Sensual Musks)

Bullion is a hymn to the scents of arabia and ancient persia. These cultures are stepped in mystery and opulence and thus Bullion, the mass noun for gold or silver, is precious in nature: crushed Pink Pepper (or Baies Roses) opens the fragrance – aromatic, stimulating, sultry yet flirtatious – here combined with the black plum.

At the heart and base – Osmanthus, Magnolia, Leather, Sandalwood and a Cornucopia of sensual musks conjure shimmering palace gardens, thronging sousks and grand bazaars and, as a finale, a plethora of dark woods evoke the architectural majesty of the ottoman and byzantine interior.

375x500.45540

@pocketvenus  Ooh Bullion sounded good.

Thanks @pocketvenus! I was just in the Byredo shop in my Nordstrom and did not see these at all 😞  Would've loved to smell.  I am waiting for them to bring out a Velvet Haze body lotion.  Love that one but it doesn't last long enough.

There's a new Margiela Replica release, Whispers in the Library. It's available at Nose in France, but when I tried to find it on the Margiela site, I got a 404 error. It doesn't appear to be available on Sephora's site yet.

Inspired by the scent of wax, wood, and paper, the combination of pepper notes with woody and warm notes of cedar and vanilla recreates the atmosphere of an ancestral library.

Head notes : orange blossom, patchouli, pepper
Heart notes : benzoin, cypriol, tonka
Base notes : cedar, vanilla, vetiver

RE: Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Nice! I hope to try it! I am surprised that my favourite Maison Margiela scents are clearly not their best sellers - Flower Market I absolutely love - it smells exactly like a great big and beautiful flower maker and I quite enjoyed Funfair Evening but I think they’ve stopped making it - it was such a nice candied orange blossom perfume that was prevented from becoming overly sweet by star anise.

@pocketvenus this sounds fun! I wish Sephora would carry the Replica Fantasies line in store

@badgirl2, oh, the REplica line is in store for me. I haven't seen the Library fragrance yet though.

Jo Malone is releasing Violet & Amber Absolu and is retailing in Austria for 237 for 100 ml

Notes: violet, patchouli, oud, white musk and amber

123162_img-4955-jo_malone-violet__amber_absolu_480

@pocketvenus thanks for posting--can't wait to smell this! I have the Rose and White Musk Absolu which I love but unfortunately hubby hates.  Do you know when this is coming?  Really looking forward to the Weeds and Wildflowers too, thanks for posting that awhile back!  I always end up with at least 2 of the spring collection limiteds.

@badgirl2, I wish I knew! I found out about this on the NST Perfume blog and it is there, being sold on the website of an Austrian store, but couldn't find any other info!

@pocketvenus, not sure where you are...found this available at JM in So CA. I ordered two of the LE's (Cade and Cedarwood and Hemlock and Bergamot) and I'm getting a sample sent with them 🙂

@badgirl2, niiiice! I hope u like them! I will post to the challenge thread if I try them out. Let me know if you'd like to be tagged when I do ❤️

@pocketvenus sure please do tag me, not sure what that thread is but sounds fun 🙂

@badgirl2, will do! The Challenge thread is where we post impressions of new fragrances we're trying. They can be old, just new to you 🙂 https://community.sephora.com/t5/Perfume-Posse/The-Perfume-Challenge/m-p/2633976

@pocketvenus thank you! How do I bookmark threads? Is that possible?

@badgirl2, if you see the three dots on the bottom right of a post and click it, there's a bookmark option 🙂 I've never tried it though, not sure how it all works

Bleu Satin  Eau de Parfum  by Parfums MDCI

If anyone tries Bleu Satin from Parfums MDCI I'd love to know your thoughts!

@Samtian, I haven't tried this one but there's a thread for this fragrance on the Basenotes forum you might want to check out. The thread starter was not pleased with the fragrance, describing it as simplistic and not worth the price. Another member there said they liked it, but liked others in this series better. I should add this member enjoys a very, very broad range of scents.

Otherwise, the house gets decent reviews. Invasion Barbare and Chypre Palatin are probably the most popular. I've only tried the Chypre Palatin which I found to be disappointing, it had a promising start but then caved in on itself, so it scared me off the house a little.

8 Replies
testing