Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@lyravega, whenever I see cardamom I'm like yessssssssssssssssssss

Nest has released a new scent, Wild Poppy. From Nest's website: This fragrance features pear, raspberry, and apricot with hints of Himalayan jasmine and Rose de Grasse. 

121313_img-3267-nest-wild_poppy_480

Fragrance Junkie Central

Stumbled across this on Nordstrom website.

@Luvstravel@veronika23@GG84

The notes are

• Grapefruit
  • Juniper, Smoke
  • Leather, Vetiver

Not sure how any of that's "bronze" though

Thanks @pocketvenus! 🙂  I wonder what that smells like.  Hopefully I'll get my hands on a sample. 😄

@veronika23I like juniper and leather so am looking fwd to trying this too 🙂

Nice! I'm still so amazed by how you are able to pick up all those notes, know what they are and explain them! @pocketvenus

@veronika23I don't know that I am so good at it but have smelled a lot of essential oils and practice smelling things and trying to identify notes often. One does improve with time and effort 🙂

@pocketvenus  cool! Well I think you are great at it! 🙂

@veronika23aw, thanks! ❤️ ❤️

Oh this is interesting. Might have to test this one. Thanks @Luvstravel

@veronika23  Thanks because I'm not sure the next time I'll make it back to one of our bigger malls (2 hours away) to smell this. I'm curious too.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to get my hands on it either... or even when it will be available here.  @Luvstravel

Bronze Wood and Leather? What does that even smell like?! 

@GG84, I don't know, but I did get on a sample of Tom For...

@GG84, I don't know, but I did get on a sample of Tom Ford Leather, and it does smell like leather. I'll have to stop at the counter to smell next time, I finally smelled the Jo Malone Snowdrop cologne, definitely too sweet for me.

Fragrance Junkie Central

Chanel #5❤

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Yes!! Rediscovered old scents before vanillas became the primary scent in every bottle! Love “My Sin” too, can’t remember who made it. I read good things about edt Versace, ordered the roller ball and I’m going to return it because it smells too heavy, too much! Not as light , no citrus I can detect and nothing like flowers at all! I’m so disappointed. Chanel no. 5. A throwback but one that smells great and won’t give me a headache! Thank you for reminding me!

Some new releases:

375x500.52714

Amouage Opus XI:

• Top notes: Marjoram
  • Heart notes: Oud
  • Base notes: Styrax, wood-leather

daisy-sun

Four Marc Jacobs Daisy flankers

Daisy Sunshine (shown) ~ "Sunny marigold is wrapped in the radiant warmth of white woods while white strawberry adds a juicy touch."

Daisy Eau So Fresh Sunshine ~ "Luscious pear blends with mimosa and heliotrope florals exuding an airy, fruity freshness."

Daisy Love Sunshine ~ "Inviting bursts of bergamot mingle with cashmere musk to create a sheer floral sweetness that is balanced with the sparkling brightness of citrus."

Daisy Dream Sunshine ~ "Sun-kissed gold raspberries and orange blossoms shimmer at the top as solar musks round out the fragrance with its alluring aura."

tf-caa

Tom Ford Costa Azzurra Acqua, a fresher version of the original

• Juniper berry
  • Myrtle oil
  • Lemon
  • Cypress oil
  • Cistus absolute
  • Lentisque resinoid

Fragrance Junkie Central

My Juliette has a gun kit arrived on Friday. I've tried their fragrance Moscow Mule previously and was curious about their original scent "Not A Perfume." Excited to see if I'll enjoy the other scents.

@IndyQT317enjoy! Would love to hear if you find some winners ❤️

I'll keep the thread posted @pocketvenus.

I'll keep the thread posted @pocketvenus.
4 Replies
testing