Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@blackkitty2014

Yes, I received it last week. Was disappointed because like other Honeysuckle fragrances,  it didn't smell like the flower at all. Will not purchase full size.  Thank heavens for samples!!

As for-me, not yet! @blackkitty2014

Thx you @sister13 and @yankeefaithful.  I'm still waiting for my sample. Will report back if it come.  Hopefully next week

Sigh. Not for us Canadians. 

Thanks, I requested one, too! @lmi82

Thanks so much, @lmi82 for the link, I signed up right away. Jo Malone is my new fave fragrance!

H&M is releasing a suite of new affordable fragrances by Olivier Pescheux and Nisrine Grillié. Pescheux has worked for Diptyque and a number of designer houses. There might be some good cheapies in this release, although personally I try to avoid fast fashion companies.

cq5dam.web.976.603

Byredo has a new fragrance coming out, Eleventh Hour. The ad copy is pretty melodramatic.

When oceans will rise, the highest places will be the last refuges and zones that were once considered hostile to humans will become shelters. Eleventh Hour is an exploration around the smell of things ending, a journey to the end of Time, the last perfume on Earth.

Notes: ban timmur (aka Sichuan pepper), bergamot, carrot seed, rum, fig, tonka bean and cashmere woods.

Those actually sound rather pleasant to me ha ha.

@pocketvenus, the scent does sound pleasant, but you're right, that's the most melodramatic description I've read for a fragrance!

Fragrance Junkie Central

Sampling the Nest Indigo fragrance. It smells a bit exotic and grassy with a hint of fresh. The description mentions morraccian tea. It's neither warm or fruity in my opinion. I would dare to say the scent can be unisex. I like it and it wears pretty well. Probably won't be an everyday scent for me, but enjoyable to wear on occasions when I want to change it up.

New JM scent: Honeysuckle & Davana (available now)

I'm definitely curious to pick this one up, as I often like to wear JM scents when I just need something easy to wear (usually one of my go-to lines for work). I especially like the countryside inspiration behind this one, and often find honeysuckle quite pleasant. I have less experience with davana. 

jm honeysuckle davana.JPG

Top: Davana, "a green plant with hints of liquorice, brings vibrancy to the fragrance and a touch of a fruity note."

Heart: Honeysuckle, "with a radiant floralcy brings a rich character to the heart of the fragrance. Imbued with accents of honey."

Base: Moss, "evocative of undergrowth damp with fresh rain, the verdancy of moss cushions the base of the fragrance in earthy, woody warmth."

I thought this was an interesting comment from an interview with Master Perfume Anne Flipo about inspiration for the fragrance:

" It was very important for me to capture the bucolic feeling – that pleasant feeling of countryside life – as well as all the facets of the honeysuckle flower."

@lachaton, thanks for posting the news, I look forward to trying this one. A website I visited described davana EO as "Its aroma is exceptionally rich, penetrating and very fruity/boozy, and sweetly herbaceous with warm wood undertones and a slight camphoraceous note."

Thanks for posting that description pocketvenus! I really...

Thanks for posting that description pocketvenus! I really like Jo Malone and fruity, boozy, and woody sounds interesting. If you end up trying it, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Re: Thanks for posting that description pocketvenus! I really...

@laurakristie, I will for sure write about it on BIC if I do!

I've never heard anyone call wormwood/artemisia davana be...

I've never heard anyone call wormwood/artemisia davana before. I've always liked the way the plant smelled may have to stop by a counter.

Fragrance Junkie Central

Guys, i've been having issues with fragrances from Sephora. In last few months I bought Versace Dylan blue pour femme, then Tory Burch Bel Azur and Hermes Twilly . All of them last literally 10 seconds. I bought Tory Burch cause I received a sample that lasted for 24hours, and I bought Hermes Twilly cause I already used one from offical Hermes store that lasted endlessly. Does anyone have issues like this? Are you able to return fragrances? it's just waste of so much money for perfumes that last not more than 10 seconds.

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Well not just Sephora. I loved Bulgaria omnia and had the same issue. Turned out that fragrance was discontinued and anything selling would be a knockoff. The lingering smell compared to alcohol or 10 minute smell is a huge indicator. I would take it back.

I checked out those three fragrances on fragrantica. For...

@minakne I checked out those three fragrances on fragrantica. For Bel Azure, the majority of users listed this as having weak longevity (1-2 hours), Dylan Blue Femme was a mixed bag regarding longevity, and Twilly lasted anywhere between 3 and 12 hours (I personally got around 6 hours). In the end it boils down to three things: Skin chemistry, how well it is made and olfactory overload. Personally, Versace has always been hit or miss with me (mostly miss).

@minakne, you should be able to return fragrances but I'm not sure why three very different perfumes would all have the same problem. It's not like Sephora is storing fragrances in direct sunlight under heat lamps. It is possible your nose has become too accustomed to those scents and has become desensitized to them.

Fragrance Junkie Central

I've had a chance to try Adults and Princess. Adults is a sweet cedar/pine to me, and it has a little milkyness to it. Not really getting fig tree sap or fruit. after it dries down it becomes more woody but still sweet. I am sensitive to many fragrances but did not have trouble with this one. Princess is syrupy sugar maybe a faint ginger. I did not wear this one long but falls in the candied hooker category for me. Just a bit too sweet for my preferance but my husband liked it on me. I will try it again on the morning. Neither fragrance makes me want to run out and buy a full sized bottle but I don't hate them.

Hahahahaha "candied hooker category". I totally know what you mean!!! @moxiepancakes 😄 😄 😄

testing