Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

So sadly I have fallen head over heels for Kilians Love the way you feel. It is such a beautiful creamy floral! Love at first Spray. It looks like it is LE. I am guessing if so, then no refills or travel size for this one? Anyone know?

I asked an SA at Holts about it, @ChristalM and she told me there were no refills/travel sizes but sometimes they don't get everything bc they're Canadian...

@pocketvenus Thanks! I might have to bite the bullet on this one I guess 🙂

Fragrance Junkie Central

Has anyone smelt Roger & Gallet Fleur De Figuier Intense? I thought I got a sample of it ages ago and that I liked it, so I ordered it on a whim today. Not a huge deal it's only $58 - but I remember it NOT having a flowery scent, more on the sweet, fruity side. The reviews are horrible lol. I can always return it.

I'm here for it!

23.JPG

Thanks for sharing the news, @CookieGirl1!

I'm looking forward to trying them out. LV got dragged over the women's collection for being too generic so I hope they took that into consideration and took some risks 🙂

@pocketvenus Can't go wrong with chocolate 🙂

@pocketvenus I think we read the same newsletter 😄

Screen Shot 2018-04-21 at 11.14.53 AM.png

I saw the two you posted, but the one that got me curious was Erawan:

herbal notes, petitgrain, lily-of-the-valley, Haitian vetiver, hay, clary sage, liatris (deertongue), cedar, oakmoss, vanilla

I see a few places in Toronto carry the line, but none of them seem to have this yet. I'm definitely going to keep my eye out on this one.

Thanks for the head's up @Mochapj! Yes, I'm guessing we do read the same newsletter 😄 I have really enjoyed everything I've tried from this house so far. The oud is out of this world. The only places in Toronto I know that carry it are Niche Essence and its partner, Boutique Noire and they don't have these in stock yet! But last I heard, Niche Essence closed its bricks and mortar store... I can't remember if they're moving, renovating or permanently going online?

I know some readers here have been interested in the new Juliette Has a Gun (Moscow Mule). Here's more about the fragrance!

MM is an electric combination of premium vodka, fresh lime, and fiery ginger beer, served in an ice-cold copper mug... blending bright, tart bergamot with a wonderfully spicy ginger note for an intoxicating kick from the very first sniff. In the background, a subtly powerful base of Norlimbanol- a Firmenich molecule known for dry woodsiness and a sexy hint of animalic amber- ensures rich longevity without sacrificing an ounce of freshness.

Sounds interesting, I'm looking forward to trying it out 🙂

40131.jpg_width=400&404=product

@pocketvenus  @k617 I am a fan of Moscow Mule cocktails, so I was super excited to receive a purse spray of this fragrance in a recent Sephora Gratis package (Thank you, Sephora xoxoxoxo!).

I love this fragrance so much!   I definitely pick up the lime, but don't really get much ginger - maybe a tinge of copper.

It actually reminds me of a mixture of my beloved Byredo Mojave Ghost (because of the amber notes, I think) and Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue (my summer favorite!).

The only down side is that it doesn't last super long on me. 😞

Thanks for the description @Tamara76!!! I'm looking fwd to trying it 🙂

Moscow Mules are my favourite!! I'm intrigued by this fragrance...

Nasomatto has released a new scent, Nudiflorum. The house never releases a note pyramid, but Luckyscent has described it as bold, impressionistic, and shockingly intimate florals- brighter, lusher and more vivid than a straight-up reproduction, with a compellingly skinlike musk surrounding them, at times innocent and youthful, at others carnal, animalic and deeply seductive, eventually gaining a smoky and woodsy edge with which Nasomatto fans will be well acquainted.

41013.jpg_width=400&404=product

So guys Cosbar is having Killian Good Girl Gone Bad Splash or Neroli and Bamboo Harmony Explosion of Color on sale. The description sounds liked something I would enjoy. Have anyone tried these? @Mochapj@pocketvenus

@blackkitty2014 sorry BK, I don't think I have anything helpful to add 😞

I've not had a chance to try either, I'm afraid! @blackkitty2014

@pocketvenus@Mochapj ... thx you 🙂 Ugh, i couldn't resist i bought Good Girl Gone Bad Splash of Neroli.  Bamboo Harmony Explosion of Color is marketed as unisex so i was chicken out but the description sounds really delightful. 😉

BIC members are so brave with their blind buys! 💪 I hope you love it @blackkitty2014

https://www.sephora.com/product/replica-memory-mox-P430352?skuId=2047355&icid2=just%20arrived:p43035...

This is a really cute set! I hope that it gives people a chance to try out Promenade in the Gardens, which I think is one of the line’s overlooked fragrances. It’s like a gateway to the chypre genre. Lush, but not nearly as heavy and complex as traditional chypres. The nose for this fragrance, Carlos Benaïm, is also the man behind V&R’s Flowerbomb and CK’s Eternity and Euphoria.

Also, I see Sephora brought in some new Guerlains 🙂

I asked the Sephora fragrance associate if they had any MMM Replica returns from online that were any different than in store stock, and they had Promenade in the Gardens stashed in the drawer.  It wasn't something I'd be interested in, but I agree with the chypre introduction... it is floral and green, and yes, lush... as you describe.  Not a full bodied chypre, but definitely there.  They also had 'Music Festival' displayed, and it's a transparent patchouli and cannabis. 

testing