Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@modernwarpaint, yes, aside from the patchouli, there are no traditional chypre notes, but its stately vibe reminds me of older, classical perfumes 🙂 But they didn't have a tester out?? 😞

@pocketvenus - no they stashed them away in the bottom drawers (the excess samples and the returns that they don't carry in stock in the store).  They had like 6-7 returned Jo Malone colognes hidden, as well as, some others like the MMM Replica Promenade... - once I learned that I always ask because I'm sure a lot of people blind buy online and return.

@pocketvenus  I was always hoping they'd make a set like this.  I shall bookmark your suggestions!  

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Also Jo Malone Blossom Girls

Re: RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

Thanks for sharing this as always, @Mochapj!

I passed on these every year.  Finally i got the Plum blossom and i quite like it.  I'm tempting to get the Sakura and Jasmine Sambac.  Have anyone check out Jasmin Sambac?  It's a nice one.

I just tried them at the Universal event tonight. Nashi was my favorite because of the sweet pear note.  The others were a very refined tart fruit scent instead of the sweet one I normally wear. The plum was the most crisp scent of them all, next is the Sakura 

@blackkitty2014, I'm not a huge fan of jasmine soliflores but I found the Jasmine Sambac quite strong for a Jo Malone (on paper, did not spray on skin)

I also noticed they had brought back Ginger Biscuit which smells exactly like its name!

RE: Fragrance Junkie Central

A couple of new ones from L’Artisan

Thanks for sharing these @Mochapj! They both sound very pretty.

The nose behind Champ de Fleurs is Anne Flipo who did the popular La Chasse Aux Papillons and a few Jo Malones so I expect something easy breezy.

The nose behind Champ de Baies is Evelyn Boulanger and it seems like her style is a little heavier which makes sense with the earthier notes. She did CdG's Jaisalmer Incense which I really love, 2nd to the house's Kyoto Incense.

I think I'm gonna need this!

Capture.JPG

A new fragrance from Kerosene has been released:

Like high tide dried on skin, memories of the waves, sun and shore.
Notes: Sea Salt, White Florals, Cedar, Ambergris and Musk.

kerosene-walk-the-sea-fragrance__29509.1521929048.345.400

I quite like Broken Theories, I should really try out more from this house...

Can anyone recommend a good group for buy/sell/swap perfume decants? 

I've used Surrender to Chance for decants/samples.  I've never swapped before online, just bought.  I've also bought samples from Luckyscent. 

I have a full bottle of Jo Malone Wild Bluebell and Dark Amber & Ginger Lily, plus half used Diptyque samples of Tempo and 'the other new one L'eau Peau ?'  And a crap ton of Jo Malone samples, to include Wood Sage & Sea Salt, English Pear & Freesia, Nectarine Blossom & Honey, Lime Basil & Mandarin... 

Basenotes has an active buy/sell/swap decants group but if I recall correctly, you need to post over 100 posts to participate. You can also find decants on eBay and Basenotes members do discuss their favourite vendors.

I've never used Surrender to Chance but they also sell decants and I've heard good things about them.

Good luck @AnneMCC!

Also from NST:

kilian-love-the-way

Two limited edition scents from Kilian:

Love The Way You Taste (above left) ~ "Love the way you Taste recreates a sparkling and sophisticated Mojito cocktail in a refreshing fragrance. It hits with head notes of lemon and peppermint for an invigorating first impression. Once the lips touch the cocktail glass, the elixir reveals heart notes of green leaves and magnolia flower. It remains on the skin with an effervescent sparkle, long-lasting accords of a summertime tonic of sparkling water and vetiver."

Love The Way You Feel (above right) ~ "LOVE THE WAY YOU FEEL celebrates the tactile pleasures of beachside bodies. A reformulation of the iconic Monoï Oil in a new floral blend. A warming and exotic scent instantly suggesting skin-on-skin contact and a gorgeously glowing tan. Gentle head notes of bergamot and neroli are the perfect entry into the sweet and sensual. The fragrance trail melts into ylang-ylang and tiare flower at its exotic heart enhanced by both comforting and suggestive coconut and vanilla accords."

I like the sound of Love the way you taste @pocketvenus 😉

Me too @blackkitty2014! Sounds like a great summer scent

From NST Perfume:

Jo Malone will launch Jasmine Sambac & Marigold, a new fragrance in the Cologne Intense Collection. The brand has also reissued Plum Blossom, Nashi Blossom and Sakura Cherry Blossom as the limited edition "Blossom Girls" collection.

Serene fields of jasmine sambac. The most precious jasmine of all. Pure white buds plucked at dawn. Fresh with dew. Coveted gems of the colourful Indian flower market. Glowing against vibrant marigold and exotic ylang ylang. A beautiful contrast of garlands. Entwined with rich benzoin resin. Enveloped by the warmth of vanilla and amber.

I'll be darn!!! It is available at Blue Mercury @pocketvenus

Jasmine Sambac & Marigold sounds right down my alley.  For the blossom collection, i miss it every year because i cant never make up my mind which one to get or whether i should get it 🙂

testing