Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I was really looking forward to your review of this! Thanks for sharing. Too bad it wasn't what either of us wanted 😞 I'll have to go check out how it performs on myself. MM BtF is way too sweet for me, but I enjoy those other TF scents. Just not on me. Thanks for the comparisons 

@6ixGirl would love to hear what you think of it once you’ve tried it.

Im a little disappointed that the progression is basically spicy vanilla to creamy vanilla but on the flip side my husband smelled it on me and liked it so much that he’s insisting I get a full bottle 🤣 so I guess it’s not ‘bad’

Thanks, @Mochapj! I appreciate hearing your thoughts. I am also sad that I can't pick up more on the coffee or barley notes.

Your husband's response is so sweet! Glad he likes it on you 🙂 

@lachaton thanks! 🙂

I was organizing my vanity last night and came across something you might like if you're looking for coffee notes - have you ever tried Atelier's Cafe Tuberosa? I was gifted a small bottle last summer and tried it then but misplaced it - I sprayed myself with it again this morning and it is most definitely a coffee and spiced gourmand, with the twist of some haunting white florals.

If you end up trying it, do let me know what you think? 

@Mochapj No, I haven't tried it yet. I haven't been impressed with AC's offerings lately, so I had skipped it. But that does sound like the type of scent I would like! I'll have to pop in to my local store to test it soon. Thank you!

I contacted Mugler about our Aura samples... Here's the answer:

"Due to high volume of request for our Aura samples, there has been a delay. We are currently waiting for France to send us more samples so we may send those out to our remaining customers towards the beginning of February."

@veronika23 @pixiedust2

There's an Aura sample in Sephora's Vday fragrance deal if you can't wait 🙂

2018-02-01-lp-sample-set-vday-02-fragrances-ca-d-slice

@pocketvenus Is that the Canadian version?

@Samtian 

Yes, it is Canadian! I assumed it would be the same for US, but I see the US site has different samples 😮

2018-02-01-lp-sample-set-vday-02-fragrances-us-d-slice

Thanks, @pocketvenus  !

I don't think I care for anything else except Aura there, so... I can wait. 

Thanks so much for the update @lyravega!!!  hahahaha awesome plan @pixiedust2!!!

@veronika23 i think Aura is one of the scents in the current perfume vial promo, just FYI

Thanks @Mochapj 🙂 I saw it but not sure if I want that promo... I can wait 😄

@lyravega You’re the best 😘 If they don’t get here by March, I’m stealing a bunch in Paris and bringing them back for all of us 😂

@pixiedust2  😄 Deal!

From Macy's 

mugler.PNG

Ooh, interesting..."feline sensuality"  Smiley LOL @pixiedust2

LOL @ZombieMetroAnt Maybe that's what they had in mind? 😄

6-149538-15b-catbikini-1470778011

@ZombieMetroAnt or this...

2F70EDD6-62D2-4519-8D25-4171EB431591.jpeg

😹😹😹😹 this is so hilarious @DaintyDiva !!!  Perfection 👌🏼

I had no idea Kim Kardashian made fragrances - three more are being released in Feb. No clue what the notes are but the packaging is fun.

screen-shot-2018-01-22-at-7-57-43-pm-1516669083

3 Replies
testing