Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly ๐Ÿ™‚

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff ๐Ÿ˜„

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

A vial?!! I am jelly! 

One should definitely give this one a few to settle/"calm" down. Opening is quite strong. But, once it's settled, it is quite nice. Dry down on me is very nice, too. 

@veronika23

@lyravega  I wonder why it was different types of samples though. hahaha yeah... it needs time to calm the f down. ๐Ÿ˜„

Testing out Sarah Horowitz's Perfect Vanilla perfume oil today.

I definitely get more of a powdery, "play dough" scent on my skin so I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. But one of my co-workers complimented me on my perfume today, so maybe it's not so bad?

(I wouldn't say it's bad, just not sure I particularly like it.)

I just received a large order of decants from Luckyscent, as I'm hunting down the perfect vanilla scent for me. Lots to go through, and this is the first one! 

I am super excited about a new release, it's a Canadian company (7 Virtues) and the perfumes are made with natural, organic and fair trade essential oils that support families in nations rebuilding after war/conflict. There are seven fragrances in the line, and they're all cruelty-free, hypoallergenic, AND pthalate/paraben/sulphate free!

My favourite scent is Rose Amber, it's sexy and warm and completely transformed on my skin (in a great way).

Heart notes: cinnamon, lavender

Base notes:sandalwood, vanilla

Key notes: bergamot, rose, amber

I just got one today! Vanilla Woods. Not 100% sure how I feel about it yet but so far so good. It's not too strong for me which is usually a problem with most fragrances.

Finally got around to trying out TF Vanille Fatale and I think it was @lachaton who asked me to share my thoughts once I did.

Notes: saffron, coriander, myrrh, olibanum, narcissus, frangipani, coffee, barley, vanilla, mahogany, suede

First off, I should note I'm not super into gourmands. I find VF to be extremely sugary and warm spiced, in a way that makes me think of a holiday candle. In terms of other scents that it calls to mind, I find some similarities with MMM By The Fireplace (that warm, sweet spice) and also SL Chergui (spiced woodiness). In looking at the note pyramid over and over, I noticed it has common notes with both Tuscan Leather and Amber Absolute. In fact, I think it's pretty accurate that if you mixed those 2 scents together and dialed down the leather, VF is what you'd end up with.

I didn't spray myself with much but it lingers a fair bit. It opened with a really soft, borderline powderiness but it quickly became a linear candied vanilla on me. If I inhale really hard I can catch a faint whiff of coriander (that typically goes curry-ish/B.O. on me) but I get no coffee or barley, unfortunately. 

Thanks @Mochapj! This is one I'm curious to try!

I was really looking forward to your review of this! Thanks for sharing. Too bad it wasn't what either of us wanted ๐Ÿ˜ž I'll have to go check out how it performs on myself. MM BtF is way too sweet for me, but I enjoy those other TF scents. Just not on me. Thanks for the comparisons 

@6ixGirl would love to hear what you think of it once youโ€™ve tried it.

Im a little disappointed that the progression is basically spicy vanilla to creamy vanilla but on the flip side my husband smelled it on me and liked it so much that heโ€™s insisting I get a full bottle ๐Ÿคฃ so I guess itโ€™s not โ€˜badโ€™

Thanks, @Mochapj! I appreciate hearing your thoughts. I am also sad that I can't pick up more on the coffee or barley notes.

Your husband's response is so sweet! Glad he likes it on you ๐Ÿ™‚ 

@lachaton thanks! ๐Ÿ™‚

I was organizing my vanity last night and came across something you might like if you're looking for coffee notes - have you ever tried Atelier's Cafe Tuberosa? I was gifted a small bottle last summer and tried it then but misplaced it - I sprayed myself with it again this morning and it is most definitely a coffee and spiced gourmand, with the twist of some haunting white florals.

If you end up trying it, do let me know what you think? 

@Mochapj No, I haven't tried it yet. I haven't been impressed with AC's offerings lately, so I had skipped it. But that does sound like the type of scent I would like! I'll have to pop in to my local store to test it soon. Thank you!

I contacted Mugler about our Aura samples... Here's the answer:

"Due to high volume of request for our Aura samples, there has been a delay. We are currently waiting for France to send us more samples so we may send those out to our remaining customers towards the beginning of February."

@veronika23 @pixiedust2

There's an Aura sample in Sephora's Vday fragrance deal if you can't wait ๐Ÿ™‚

2018-02-01-lp-sample-set-vday-02-fragrances-ca-d-slice

@pocketvenus Is that the Canadian version?

@Samtian 

Yes, it is Canadian! I assumed it would be the same for US, but I see the US site has different samples ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

2018-02-01-lp-sample-set-vday-02-fragrances-us-d-slice

Thanks, @pocketvenus  !

I don't think I care for anything else except Aura there, so... I can wait. 

Thanks so much for the update @lyravega!!!  hahahaha awesome plan @pixiedust2!!!

@veronika23 i think Aura is one of the scents in the current perfume vial promo, just FYI

Thanks @Mochapj ๐Ÿ™‚ I saw it but not sure if I want that promo... I can wait ๐Ÿ˜„

@lyravega Youโ€™re the best ๐Ÿ˜˜ If they donโ€™t get here by March, Iโ€™m stealing a bunch in Paris and bringing them back for all of us ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Reply
testing