Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Looks like TF has a new flanker:

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 1.01.22 PM.png

Eau de Soleil Blanc embodies a refreshing illumination on Private Blend Soleil Blanc, bright, crisp and drenched with sparkling citrus. The vibrant twist on the floral amber warmth mirrors the crystalline reflection of the white sun, a sensuous gleam of sky on water.

Ooh I want to try this!  Soleil Blanc is too much coconut for my preferences

Edit:  according to Fragrantica, there is no coconut or pistachio in this flanker  If its a generic citrusy floral I'll be a little disappointed 😕  Seems weird to call this a Soleil Blanc flanker when the main note is missing?

Love the frosted glass ❤️

I don't even know should I even post this... But, I will. For funsies. And, some staring. Ooo-ing and ahh-ing, and wtf-ing, too. I am sure most of us can just drool over these... 

From Fragrantica:

The first five bottles of the Mugler Premier Flacon D'Art collection, called "Nuages" ( clouds ). 

mugler.jpgmugler2.jpg

mugler3.jpg

mugler4.jpgmugler5.jpgmugler6.jpg

Author: Sandra Raičević Petrović

Darn. €2900 is just a little out of my price range. These are stunning; I love the last one!

Holy mackaroll.

@txcatx 

LOL, just a tad over budget for me too 😛

Ooh I want the second, third, and last one.

@Samtian Same 😫 *despairing*

Sooo beautiful @lyravega! Of course I want the one with the stars. Maybe one day if I'm rolling in money 😄

I want the blue one ( the last one )!

Ohhh, one day, @veronika23 , one day... 😛 

If this is the "first five"... Curious to see the rest of them now.

yes one day @lyravega! Curious as well to see the others too 🙂

Has any one had a chance to try the new Atelier Iris Rebelle yet? I’m really interested in it but am a little worried it will be a bit strong based on the description. There aren’t any rewiews up, I saw it online either yesterday or today. 

@alexasteph I tried it out in store the other day it's not overwhelming but it makes me think of carrots so its not something I would wear.  

@moxiepancakes I saw someone else say it smells like carrots... weird. 

@alexasteph 

Just saw this... to some people iris root can smell like carrots 🙂

@alexasteph

I just posted my thoughts in the Fragrance Challenge thread (https://community.sephora.com/t5/Perfume-Posse/The-Perfume-Challenge/m-p/2633976#M18939)

I didn't find it to be strong - in fact, quite the opposite, I found it cosy. One spray became a skin scent in three hours on me although six hours later, I can still smell it

I'm thinking that Escada's Sorbetto Rosso could easily be my "spring scent" for this year.  I LOVE the watermelon in it!

Update on Etat Libre D'Orange! I contacted the brand directly, and they were very nice and quick to respond. They confirmed that, unfortunately, Sephora is indeed pulling the brand. I am not sure why Sephora always have to be so secretive about departing brands. A heads up here and there would be nice! 

@blackkitty2014 @pocketvenus @MaliBT 

@lyravega 

Thank you for the update! That's a shame, Etat Libre is such a fun house. I wish Sephora had introduced testers of other scents in the store so people could try them and see (well, smell) what the house is really about. Like Amourette has received very good reviews, but I never saw it on the shelves. Sephora never placed their travel sized ones out with the others on the floor either - they were always placed by the large bottles...

@pocketvenus  It is fun! ELDO really speaks to me. Such a shame. And, I agree about testers in stores. But, whatever. I've finally located them in the city, so as soon as I manage to drag my behind there, Imma play! They have a lot of them. Maybe even all? Not sure. Gotta check. But, yaaaay! 🙂 

8 Replies
testing