Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

@alexasteph 

Just saw this... to some people iris root can smell like carrots 🙂

@alexasteph

I just posted my thoughts in the Fragrance Challenge thread (https://community.sephora.com/t5/Perfume-Posse/The-Perfume-Challenge/m-p/2633976#M18939)

I didn't find it to be strong - in fact, quite the opposite, I found it cosy. One spray became a skin scent in three hours on me although six hours later, I can still smell it

I'm thinking that Escada's Sorbetto Rosso could easily be my "spring scent" for this year.  I LOVE the watermelon in it!

Update on Etat Libre D'Orange! I contacted the brand directly, and they were very nice and quick to respond. They confirmed that, unfortunately, Sephora is indeed pulling the brand. I am not sure why Sephora always have to be so secretive about departing brands. A heads up here and there would be nice! 

@blackkitty2014 @pocketvenus @MaliBT 

@lyravega 

Thank you for the update! That's a shame, Etat Libre is such a fun house. I wish Sephora had introduced testers of other scents in the store so people could try them and see (well, smell) what the house is really about. Like Amourette has received very good reviews, but I never saw it on the shelves. Sephora never placed their travel sized ones out with the others on the floor either - they were always placed by the large bottles...

@pocketvenus  It is fun! ELDO really speaks to me. Such a shame. And, I agree about testers in stores. But, whatever. I've finally located them in the city, so as soon as I manage to drag my behind there, Imma play! They have a lot of them. Maybe even all? Not sure. Gotta check. But, yaaaay! 🙂 

@lyravega  Enjoy!! 🙂 If they carry them all that would be really lucky!! Other than Sephora, the only place that I found in Toronto that carries the house is Jacob & Sebastian but the only scent they have now that doesn't have a tester in Sephora is Tom of Finland...

This is a photo from the shop, some years back, though. ( Not mine. Found it online. ) Seems they have quite a lot of them. Maybe not all, but quite a lot. 

eldo.jpg

eldo2.jpg

Still haven't dragged my behind there. It is out of my usual ways, so... But, hopefully soon. 

@pocketvenus

Wow this is so cool @lyravega. I wish Sephora hasn’t discontinued the brand. I’d like to try out some

@blackkitty2014  It's a real gem, that shop. I am not sure should I even go there... Could be... not so bueano. If you know what I mean. 😉 

That is fantastic! I see all the Kerosenes too - I've only tried Broken Theories but I love it...

@lyravega

@pocketvenus  Yes! Kerosene, too. And, there's plenty more! I am gonna need a few all day trips there. I see perfume overload headache in my future. 😄

@lyravegaThanks for the update!

You're welcome @Samtian @blackkitty2014 @MaliBT !

Such a sad update... But, oh well...

Thx you @lyravega

@lyravega

Thank you for the update! I'm glad you were able to get this information! I will forward your feedback regarding this. 😉

-Mali 

Mark your calendars, ladies! Smiley Wink

frangrance.PNG

I think this day will be celebrated by spritzing on ALL your favorite fragrances at once...

Image result for spritzing perfume gif

@ZombieMetroAnt Isn’t every day Fragrance Day? 😝

@alexastephYesss! 😄

Is Sephora phasing out Etat Libre D'Orange? Or, what is going on? Anyone know?

Mods? @MeganBT @MaliBT @JaneanBT ?

I wonder about the same thing.  I saw lots of scents on sale but too chicken to buy blindly @lyravega

testing