Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Just noticed that Elizabeth and James fragrances are on hautelook today!   They have the white & black collections, as well as the solid perfumes (which I've been curious about)

I bought my first Jo Malone Fragrance yesterday, the Peony and Blush Suede.  I definitely need to add the Orange Blossom and the Black Cedarwood and Juniper to my collection. 

Just a reminder for the Le Labo fans, the City Exclusives are going to be available again soon!

I've been waiting for them to add the 'Toronto' scent now that we have a boutique here, but it doesn't look like they have, yet.

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 9.29.24 AM.png

Chicago is my hometown and Rose 31 is one of my all time favorites, so I'd love to try Baie Rose but I  just can't fathom paying $12 for a single sample vial (or even $120 for 11)!

I was hoping for a Toronto scent too!

Has anyone tried the "Night Veils" collection by Byredo? The price point is insane but that alone has made me curious!

Holy moly that price point 😨 I do see they are pure parfums/extraits. I am curious to hear more about them but don't have high hopes because to me Byredo's regular line is trendy and fun but overpriced already..

I know what you mean! It's like they're trying to see how much the market will bear. Having tested some of these ultra-expensive fragrances, I have to say that like many commodities, price follows a law of diminishing returns... Still curious though lol

My stepmom was in town for a visit and I showed her the new Carolina Herrera Good Girl perfume. We both sprayed it on and spent the rest of our day at the mall smelling our wrists. She ended up sneakily buying it for me (I would have told her not to) and now I can't stop wearing it. It's a combination of a delicious scent and loving feelings. Also, the bottle is so cool!

image.jpg

Yeah, I bought the smallest bottle, cause it is so dang cute. (The smaller bottle is much more presentable than the larger, IMO). The perfume is ok, not my to die for, but I will wear it. Saving the bottle, though. Read in one of the perfume blogs that this scent is outselling their expectations, and was introduced into the US market a year earlier than they intended. The reviewer questioned whether it was the bottle or the actual perfume. I'd say both are a major factor, and Carolina Herrera used their marketing skills to good use on this venture 🙂

Sneaky presents are always so sweet. That bottle makes my feet ache but is super cool @makeitup305! Enjoy your really wonderful gift!

20170724_212137.png

Elizabeth & James' Nirvana line has two new scents! Both sound promising. Screenshot and info taken from NST (nstperfume dot com)

Nirvana Amethyst ~ Spicy. "Elizabeth and James Nirvana Amethyst is an intriguing sentiment of decadent luxury. Infused with layered depth, the sensuous scent exudes a sophisticated combination of sweet honeysuckle mingled with the darker pleasures of refined tobacco, and is grounded by a touch of spicy cedarwood. This fragrance is effortless seduction in a bottle."

Nirvana French Grey ~ Fresh floral. "Elizabeth and James Nirvana French Grey is a chic and mesmerizing fresh floral with an aphrodisiac allure. Notes of honeyed neroli mingle with wisps of clean lavender, then slowly melt into a sensual musk for a truly unforgettable fragrance. This fragrance is a weekend getaway to Paris in a bottle. "

These are live 🙂

@TriesToBoClassy thanks for sharing this! Definitely want to try French Grey. NST is a great blog..

This is so exciting!! Thank you for posting about this @TriesToBoClassy. I LOVE the E&J Nirvana line. Can't wait to give these a sniff 🙂

French Grey sounds lovely!  I love the bottle of Amethyst but the tabaco probably won't do it for me :x

I've been really interested in getting to try the Bedoues scents, because of the adorable bottles (especially the elephant one!).  I just noticed Sephora added a Berdoues discovery set!  Excited to get this, since its not carried in stores nearby:

http://www.sephora.com/collection-grands-crus-coffret-P421705?skuId=1975838&icid2=products%20grid:p4...

Those mini boxes are super pretty 😊

Just tried Malle's Superstitious and wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did. For one thing, I'm not big into floral scents and I was expecting something cool and chic because of the aldehydes. It turned out to be very womanly and sensual and the longevity is amazing.

p.s. I sorted this thread with posts from "newest to oldest" and I see about three recent posts and the rest are from 2015... is this happening to anyone else?

I've been working through a Sylvaine Delacourte sample set from Luckyscent. The brand is by the former creative director of Guerlain. Yesterday I tried Dovana, which was a softer ambery vanilla. Today I'm wearing Florentina which is a powdery vanilla, almond, orange blossom. Both are quite gourmand which is right up my alley 🙂 I'm liking these so far and the sample set was only $15.

@Mochapj  one more 🙂

Also any news on the TF ocean and mineral fragrances? THX! 🙂

4 Replies
testing