Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I remember seeing/posting? this a while back but don't recall a date... I kinda wanna smell that one too. That bottle! 😍

I've never seen or heard anything about it until a few days back when a friend brought it to my attention. So, I apologize if it's already been posted here. I am not that much on BT ( internet in general ) lately, so I am clueless most of the time.;)

I have no idea if this is UK and France exclusive only? You know anything about it? Or, will it eventually be available in US/Canada, as well? I. need. samples. asap!!!

@veronika23

@lyravega. Oh no I wasn't saying that for that... sorry my bad :(. I'm such a scatter brain....  Just when I saw your pic I thought YES finally someone has a date!  Then I came into the thread to find no date still. But we got more details at least! YES!

I know nothing more than what you posted unfortunately. 😞

I really want to smell this too!  Maybe it will come out for the holidays for us??? You think??

I'll try and keep an eye out!

ETA: Just came out in the UK and France and there is a sample lot on ebay for under 12$USD

@veronika23  No prob. Probably my bad anyway. I am trying to multi task while not being 100%. >.<

It was supposed to be launched on Jun 30 in UK and France. And, I know it is available on Mugler UK. I found nothing about the US/Canada, though. That's why I'm asking.

@lyravega. Oh no!!!!  I hope everything is ok!!!!!

I'm really a scatter brain so my bad.

Well I hope we have news soon. I'll keep an eye out on this one.  I don't see why it would be exclusive to though... we just get stuff late here right??? That's why I said maybe for the holidays... like late Sept-Oct release maybe?

Everything's fine, V. Thanks for asking. Weekend's been way too long... Going back to "reality" sucks after such nice and long break. 😉

I should've included in my post it's only available in UK and France for now, and it launched on Jun 30. Scatterbrained much? 😄 Edited.

I hope so, @veronika23  !

@lyravegaoh good!  Do two scatter brains make a right? 😄 😄 😄

I saw a lot of people asking about the US and Canada on social media and no replies... I sent them an email. I'll report back if/when they answer. 🙂

Dang @lyravega! I would llurrvvee to have that sitting on my vanity!  Heart Simply gorgeous...

Looks like TF has yet another scent launching- Noir Anthracite

Notes: Top note is bergamot; middle note is spices; base notes are sandalwood, cedar and ebony.

IMG_2797.PNG

Does anyone know if there are bottles out there in stores of Guerlain Mon Exclusif? I read it was discontinued/ replaced by Mon Guerlain. I'm hoping to track down a bottle of it somewhere. It shows on NM as 'back ordered' which they are known to not take down retired products promptly.

@AnneMCC I read on Kafkaesque (blog) that Mon Exclusif was basically repackaged as Mon Guerlain; that they're the exact same formulation, just renamed. Kafkaesque is usually right, or darn close, although I only sniffed Mon Exclusif once so I can't be sure. 

Thanks I will go check out the blog! I kind of like the Mon exclusif bottle better and I wanted to compare both. But I can't seem to find it anywhere so I guess it's really out..

I didn't know Kafkaesque had started blogging again @lachaton. Thanks so much 🙂

Is there a new Serge Lutens scent coming?

(Dent de Lait? (aka milkteeth)

Notes described as almond, milk, incense

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.25.50 PM.png

ETA: yup, from Basenotes

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.29.51 PM.png

There is also a second new scent coming called Bourreau de Fleurs (no notes described)

Packaging is being redone:

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 1.43.13 PM.png 

50 ml bottles are being axed, and they mention there are scents being discontinued to the Palais Royale collection as well;

Arabie
Bas de Soie
Sa Majeste la Rose

A la Nuit
Gris Clair
Jeux de Peau
Daim Blond
Cedre
Serge Noire
Fille en Aiguilles
Vitriol d'Oillet plus whole Vapo Tout Noir line

Thanks for the update! The Kafkasque fragrance blog has a good analysis of these upcoming changes.

Oh nooo, so many of the ones I've been meaning to pick up are on that discontinued list. 

@Mochapj I read this a few days ago!

Apparently the notes are menthol, violet/iris with a foody/glue/doll impression!

@ChristalM 😮

that sounds slightly horrific 😄

@Mochapj Yet interesting! 

Let me first say that I am no fragrance expert.

I received an Atelier Clementine California sample in my Play box a few months back and loved it.  It reminded me a lot of my childhood growing up here in Florida actually and I'm surprised at how much of a happy scent it is for me.  Sometimes I just wish I had a bit more of the citrus scent in it, but I like that's it's not too fruity if that makes any sense.  It seems like the perfect summer scent though and I have almost ordered it several times.

my only hesitation is that I see where they also have one named Orange Sanguine.  I've read the description of Orange Sanguine and almost question whether I would like that better.  I haven't been able to get a sample and always forget to ask when I'm in store.  Can someone who has tried them both tell me your thoughts and opinions on which I would like better?

my favorite perfume to wear daily is Chanel Chance Tendre, but I also like DB Light Blue, Gucci Bamboo scents too.  I do know I don't like anything over sweet like juicy couture fragrances or the Prada Candy.

It's not either scent but have you tried Frédéric Malle's Bigarade Concentrée? It has a major hit of citrus (more tangerine than orange though) but it's not sweet, syrupy, etc. which is how I've interpreted "too fruity."

testing