Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

o.m.g.

that packaging

I know, right? 

I wish I liked JM scents because the bottles are too cute 🙂

;-;  I've vowed to go cruelty-free, AND I already own a full size of Orange Blossom, but I still want this.  Must resist...

BT, please help me find a summer fragrance! Right now I use Diptyque Eau Duelle for summer and sometimes TF Black Orchid but I would like something new. My favorite fragrances are for the winter months (Santa Maria Novella Vaniglia and Tobacco Toscano, Diptyque Volutes, Guerlain Tonka Imperiale) but those are too heavy. Obviously, I love my gourmands! So, anyone have any light gourmand favorites or maybe something different altogether? I'd appreciate your suggestions. Thanks!

Have you tried Etat Libre's Fils de Dieu? It's a very playful and unique fragrance with a lot of gourmand notes - lime, jasmine rice, corriander - and wears very light for the summer and is great for sultry weather. Some people say they smell curry but I don't find this to be the case at all.

Mona di Orio also makes a unique vanilla scent, Vanille. The opening is quite edgy with a little bitterness. It's heavier than FdD but it's not cloying in any way.

The ones you listed are scents I typically wear during fall/winter, so perhaps take my advice with a grain of salt 🙂 

how do you like coconut? That's common in summer fragrances, and might work for you (I'm thinking of something along the lines of EL Bronze Goddess but that may be too floral for you). TF Soleil Blanc? 

Honey? JM Nectarine Blossom and Honey? 

LPRN edt or couture

Guerlain Le Plus Beau Jour de Ma Vie

Lolita Lempicka

Mugler? Muse, Angel Eau Sucrée, Angel Étoile des Rêves

i'll keep thinking! 

@lachatonI had a chance to try the Guerlain Le Plus Beau and I like it. The top notes are a bit cloying, but I love the drydown. I think I'll try Angel Étoile des Rêves next as that one sounds heavenly!

Thank you for the suggestions! I do have Lolita Lempicka, which I love, but the bottles are really old so I haven't worn them in a while. Maybe time to try them again.

I do like coconut. I tried TF Orchid Soleil hoping it would be a nice beachy scent but it smelled like bug spray!

What is LPRN?

@vchotia I believe she means Le Petite Robe Noir 😉

@MochapjOh yes, thanks!

I ended up purchasing the discovery sampler kit from Le Labo.  Rose 31 is one of the most evocative fragrances I've ever tried, so I'll probably just end up redeeming that one, but I'm excited to try the rest (particularly Lys 41 and Santal 31).  Does anyone have a favorite from Le Labo?  :3

As a side note, I LOVE when fragrance companies sell sample kits.  I have a very hard time sampling perfumes in store (I can't smell more than two or three before I start getting overwhelmed).  I wish more of them would do this!

Can't believe how long I procrastinated with this but finally in the process of trying out my samples.  Today I am wearing Gypsy Water and really love it! Thank you @ChristalM for the recommendation!  Do you know the best place to buy in Canada? Thanks! 🙂

@veronika23 I think Saks has Byredo (or at last used to)

Thanks @lachaton 🙂

@veronika23 I am glad you like it! It is def one of my faves.

Holt Renfrew and Want apothecary in Montreal is the only places I know that sells it in Canada sadly. I got mien online through Holts site.

Thanks so much for the info @ChristalM 🙂 I'll check that out!

Crossposting from TF thread; new TF oud scent coming:

IMG_1405.PNG

In doing some more research it appears there is a second scent coming out with it called Oud Ocean... 😮

Interesting. Just read a redditor review on this who says it is very salty seaweed-y, which I think I might love. But that makes me wonder what Ocean will smell like it Minerale is ocean-y itself.

@Mochapj uh oh this sounds like trouble. cha-ching

LOL! Is this Estee Lauder cracking the whip? I don't remember the pace of new TF releases being this brisk in the past...

Thanks @Mochapj... Oud Ocean.... I think I might wanna smell that 😄

2 Replies
testing