Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly Smiley Happy

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Apparently it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff Smiley Very Happy

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

i think it's quite a pretty concept. 

Can any of you ladies recommend a good atomizer?

I have yet to find one that doesn't accidentally open up and lose whatever you put inside of it.

Cross posting from deals to good to pass up. Nordstrom has a free sample of  

'Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle Portrait of a Lady Parfum Spray Sample' as part of their 3 free with purchase

It's .12 oz spray, value is about $25!

@playingdressup oh wow! What a find! Thank you for posting this! I missed it but at least now I know that this is the kind of thing one might potentially get a free sample there.  Portrait of a Lady is one of those perfumes I've been reading about for years and dying to try but could never lay hands on unless I ordered a full size online and I've been burned too many times blind buying unfortunately.... Thx for sharing this though I wish I had caught this sooner I would 100% have found something to order just to get a sample of this one...

Highlighted

currently re-fallen in love with this gem. i've had it for years, and am nearing the end. it's ODIN New York's 01: "sunda", and the main notes are tonka bean, heliotrope, sandalwood and juniper. it's clean and creamy, but also a bit dark and mysterious. the only down side to is the longevity--ohhhhh how i wish it lasted longer (it's still worth it to me !). but i wanted to point out a brand that i think is often overlooked that i really love--i think all of their scents smell sophisticated but cool, refined but unique. 

(this picture is with a light shining through it; it all looks black unless held up to a light)

@jemly Oh wow that sounds super interesting and unique as well! I loooove tonka, sandalwood and heliotrope... I find Juniper pleasant though I kind of mentally think of it as having a slight medicinal quality to it but with the other notes I can see this blend being very beautiful... That certainly is a very original assortment of notes - I so so wish i could smell this! Smiley Happy

To all the Toronto area fragrance junkies, i just read that Le Labo has opened a Toronto storefront (separate from the one inside Gee Beauty) in the Trinity Bellwoods area.

Apparently that means eventually there's going to be a Toronto scent, too Smiley Happy

Very exciting! Thanks for sharing, @Mochapj

Let me first say that I am no fragrance expert.

I received an Atelier Clementine California sample in my Play box a few months back and loved it.  It reminded me a lot of my childhood growing up here in Florida actually and I'm surprised at how much of a happy scent it is for me.  Sometimes I just wish I had a bit more of the citrus scent in it, but I like that's it's not too fruity if that makes any sense.  It seems like the perfect summer scent though and I have almost ordered it several times.

my only hesitation is that I see where they also have one named Orange Sanguine.  I've read the description of Orange Sanguine and almost question whether I would like that better.  I haven't been able to get a sample and always forget to ask when I'm in store.  Can someone who has tried them both tell me your thoughts and opinions on which I would like better?

my favorite perfume to wear daily is Chanel Chance Tendre, but I also like DB Light Blue, Gucci Bamboo scents too.  I do know I don't like anything over sweet like juicy couture fragrances or the Prada Candy.

It's not either scent but have you tried Frédéric Malle's Bigarade Concentrée? It has a major hit of citrus (more tangerine than orange though) but it's not sweet, syrupy, etc. which is how I've interpreted "too fruity."

Bump!

BUMP IT UP!

Yay, my favorite topic! Thanks for starting it. I don't have anything terribly interesting on my radar at the moment. My fragrance shopping has been down lately. 

I did just received a bottle of Love by Chloe in the mail. I am not a big fan of Chloe fragrances, but I really fell for this one from an old mini I received years ago and was lucky to find a bottle for a great price online (it is discontinued, but still easy to find at the moment). Sweet, powdery Iris. Ahhhh. And it lasts forever.

You got Nombre Noir!? Oh please, please review that for us! Smiley Happy 

Spoiler

I have Love Chloe and Love Chloe Florale...I like both, the Florale is really interesting if you get a chance to test it.

Will do!  It's on my list of things to try this week Smiley Wink

Ever since I tested GA Si I have been obsessed and finally ordered the full-size! I cannot wait to spray that stuff all over lol. It's such a nice sweet sensual scent to me. 

New fragrance discoveries (and purchases) are so exciting - so yay for getting something that you love! I haven't tried Si, but I'm sure it is lovely on you Smiley Happy

si smells amazing on my sister and horrid on me  :/  we're polar in body chemistry in a lot of fragrances, though

Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but does anyone wear the Juliette Has a Gun perfumes? I've been wanting to try them but obviously didn't want to spend a lot on something that I hadn't actually smelled yet. So this morning I saw that they have a little sampler kit for $15, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them before I buy it. 

I got a sampler from them directly last year.  They are nice perfumes, but I only like a couple.

A lot of them are rose heavy, so if you are a rose lover, they would probably be enjoyable.  

If you get the kit from them direct, the cost of it is redeemable towards a FS bottle from them, but I think it was about $25, so the Sephora one is cheaper.

Actually, I detest rose - it's tied with lavender for my least favorite scent Smiley Happy. Thanks so much for the information - you saved me $15!

Since this is the thread for fragrance junkies, I was wondering if I'm the only one that just layers on a bunch of my favorite scents on a night in? I love smelling like a Sephora store without offending anyone's nose besides my husband's and my cats' lol.

Hah! This isn't something I,be tried. I get quite sensitive to smells, and I'm afraid if I created something I didn't like, I'd have to shower immediately :x

Before my boyfriend lived with me, I used to.  Though I don't usually layer, exactly, just try out different ones on each arm, etc.  he's really sensitive to scents so I have to pay attention to the ones that he can't stand instantly and put those away. But I will spritz something on after my shower at night so it's not so strong by the time bedtime rolls around. 

But when I Visit the mall, all bets are off, I spray everything on me!

1 Reply