Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly Smiley Happy

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Apparently it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff Smiley Very Happy

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Iris lovers- a must sniff. I have never cared for the Armani Prive line but this one blew me away. I want a whole bottle, and maybe a backup. I haven't fallen for a fragrance this much in years. not sure I can smell all the notes in the description but starts off with a burst of aldehydes and a carrot-y iris, then deepens to a more velvety, slightly chocolatey iris, then more woody iris on the dry down. lasts at least 8 hours, maybe longer. I got my 2ml decant from Surrender to Chance in their sale a couple of weeks back and it is almost gone already, sigh.

iris celadon.JPG

iris celadon 2.JPG

description on Armani site:

"The color Celadon is neither blue, green nor grey.  It's an indefinable color, and one that I find fascinating” - Giorgio Armani.

After fragrance notes of jasmine, leather, amber and incense, iris now comes to prominence. This mysterious and joyous flower offers a characteristic and penetrating olfactory treat. Here, it presents itself in its finest attire, enveloped in the unique colour of Celadon to create a new art piece within LA COLLECTION; an iridescent world and a new olfactory story.

As the unifying floral thread running through the wake of this fragrance, the iris is presented in aldehyde wrapped in bergamot and cardamom. The majestic flower then explodes into a resinous iris heart with hints of chocolate and concrete with buttery accents, underpinned by a maté absolute. It explores its sensual side through powerful musks, ambrette and patchouli.

This made me go to my glam room and spray myself! hahahah!  I love the Armani Prive perfumes!  I want them all! 

ooh, I want a glam room!!

New TF scent coming:

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.52.13 PM.png

Sole di Positano, with its citrusy and floral tones, allegedly encompasses the beauty of this dreamy location and the Italian coast.

Its top notes include citrus fruits such as Calabrian bergamot, bitter orange, mandarin and lemon. The Mediterranean idyll and sunny atmosphere is captured in the heart of the perfume with notes of shiso leaf, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lily of the valley and neroli. The base ends with a dose of green moss.

This sounds so nice. I'm afraid I'm going to fall in love with it when I smell it.

Mmm this sounds dreamy!

i tried my sample of the new NEST black tulip fragrance this a.m. after i read it had a plum note. it basically smells as if angel and V&R flowerbomb had a daughter with a penchant for gothic literature (plum is often to do that).

which isn't a bad thing. there's a reason why this family of fragrances is so popular: people love them. and i don't hate them (i find they're the fragrance family that often make me most nostalgic). but i can't help but think.......it's 2017. it feels lovely but uninspired.

Same here. I was pretty disappointed in it to be honest. NEST usually has such unique scents. This reminded me of so many others. 

Not a bad scent. Just not for me. Wish it was darker..headier..not so sweet.

Although, the bottle (like all NEST's artwork) is so so lovely.

I felt the same way, I was anxious to spell Black Tulip but once I did I was just like, "Oh...okay. Well that was pretty, but eh." 

In case anybody liked the Pinrose sample wheel, there's a good deal on QVC, 7 x 0.24 rollerballs for $40. I really enjoyed most of the scents. This set does not contain Wild Child, Cuddle Punk or Gilded Fox but has more than double the amount of the other scents than the set available on Sephora.

Their other Pinrose offerings are good deals as well! 

Checkout the new Pinrose Greatest hit roller Ball set at Sephora.com for $18.00.  It has Merry Maker, Wild Child and Secret Genius.  Love

Spoiler
New Greatest Hit roller ball set.jpg

I ordered about a dozen samples from The Perfumed Court and I'm having so much fun trying them out. Two tried so far:

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - very leathery! Which I like.  It's very nice but felt a little one-dimensional to me. I'm starting to think I need a little sweetness in my 'fumes and this has none.

Kerosene Unkown Pleasures. Love, love, love. Totally buying a full size. This is one of the most unique fragrances I've ever smelled. I'm not sure thus would be everyone's 'cup of tea'. 😂 It smells strongly of creamy earl grey with lemon, and it has a strong sugary sweetness as well. I absolutely love it.

I have been very curious about Kerosene. I tried a sample of Broken Theories and it is amazing - a smoky incense that's autumnal, but cold.

Isn't sampling so fun Smiley Very Happy

I find even TF Ombre Leather a bit too leathery haha. I prefer softer sweeter ones with some iris in them, like Parfums d'Empire Cuir Ottoman and Cuir de Lancome. 

I tried TF's Bois Marocain re-release today and was quite disappointed. While I like the incense-cedar mix, it has the weakest performance of any TF fragrance I've ever tried... It lasted 4 hours on my skin, weak projection. Has anyone here had better luck with it?

@pocketvenus I haven't had much luck with it either, but IIRC that was one of the issues when it was released the first time.

That's a pity! At the price point, one would hope for a little more longevity...

(Sorry, BT won't let me reply to my last thread)

moon504794947_2_Detail.jpg

DANCING ON THE MOON

Imagine the defiance: a lone dancer robed in white swirls gracefully across the dark side of the moon beneath a spotlight, their ethereal moves casting pale shadows on the lunar landscape. In one hand a bouquet of opalescent white flowers shines with a mineral glow. 

Composition

Dancing on the Moon is a bright and powdery fragrance that balances an immediate lift of aldehydes and moonflower notes with an explosion of natural white jasmine flower. As the perfume evolves, the infusion of warmer notes of ambergris, musk and vanilla round out the fragrance’s creamy heart whilst accentuating its crisp minerality. The result is an unapologetically optimistic scent that surges with harmonious counterpoints of floral and mineral elements, for a truly unexpected trip. 

Notes (pulled from Barney's, where this is available for purchase): 

• Top: Aldehyde, Moonflower
  • Middle: Sambac Jasmine, Frangipani Tree, Iris
  • Base: Cashmeran, Accord of Ambergris, Musk

Thanks so much for sharing all these pics and notes! I admit I was a bit disappointed by Replica's original releases because I was expecting something more cerebral (like the brand’s clothes). These four sound like they're trying to appeal a little more to the niche fragrance market; I hope the fragrances turn out to be more risk taking.

Dancing on the Moon sounds promising... Flying sounds a little odd, it’s both a “sunny” and “icy” chypre lol?

There is a 4th that is (to me) much less exciting lol.

flying 504794945_2_Detail.jpg

FLYING

What else but the impossible? The human desire to fly remains definitively out of reach: an ultimate high that thrill-seekers everywhere aim to capture for a split second of ecstasy. It is a blast of icy fresh air, like Icarus - too close to the sun. Dare to escape gravity (from hot air balloon to hang glider) and embark on an epic adventure in the sky.

Composition

Flying is Maison Margiela’s aromatic ‘trompe l’oeil’ – an airy citrus cologne with the endurance and structure of an Eau de Parfum. Built on a crisp, seductive base of musk, moss, and an aerial accord, this chypre-style fragrance peaks with svelte notes of bergamot, orange absolute and neroli blossoms through a heart of almond and ylang-ylang. This fresh, sunny scent reaches atmospheric new heights – wings not included.  

Notes (Again pulled from Barney's, where all of these are currently available)

• Top: Bergamot Essence, Petit Grain Essence, Orange Flower Absolute
  • Middle: Almond Flower, Ylang Ylang Essence, Neroli Bigarade Essence
  • Base: Musk, Moss, Arial Accord
2 Replies