Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Same here. I was pretty disappointed in it to be honest. NEST usually has such unique scents. This reminded me of so many others. 

Not a bad scent. Just not for me. Wish it was darker..headier..not so sweet.

Although, the bottle (like all NEST's artwork) is so so lovely.

I felt the same way, I was anxious to spell Black Tulip but once I did I was just like, "Oh...okay. Well that was pretty, but eh." 

In case anybody liked the Pinrose sample wheel, there's a good deal on QVC, 7 x 0.24 rollerballs for $40. I really enjoyed most of the scents. This set does not contain Wild Child, Cuddle Punk or Gilded Fox but has more than double the amount of the other scents than the set available on Sephora.

Their other Pinrose offerings are good deals as well! 

Checkout the new Pinrose Greatest hit roller Ball set at Sephora.com for $18.00.  It has Merry Maker, Wild Child and Secret Genius.  Love

Spoiler
New Greatest Hit roller ball set.jpg

I ordered Phuong Dang's collection from Barneys.  I was hoping that this niche collection of 10 scents would be everything....it wasn't. Very understated but too many scents for one perfume. They don't evoke an emotion from me and therefore it is a fail.

Anonymous Insider

I've found my home!!!  Can anyone think of a perfume that's a dupe for Aqua Di Parma's Rose Nobile?  My kids are all going in on it for Valentine's Day for me(yay) but I wondered what else is out there.  Elizabeth and James doesn't come close and I'm going to try Bvlgari Rose Essentielle in my Scent Bird next month. 

Sylvaine Delacourte, who was the fragrance director at Guerlain, has launched her own line. You can order a 5 fragrances sampler for 4 euros from her website www.sylvaine-delacourte dot com. They ship to the US- I just received mine 😄

Had a random thought that you could keep all your fragrance cards throughout the year, and then use them as Tree Ornaments at xmas. Many of them are super-pretty!

And the empty vials could be icicles..

Or I'm high on perfume samples and this is all crazy-talk.

Serge Lutens direct.. I have been waiting for this for literally months 😅. De Profundis (the spray duo, not the bell jar) shall finally be mine 😊....

Screenshot_2016-12-07-08-16-51-1.png

Thanks for sharing! Is this offered annually?

@pocketvenus it seems like it. I ordered last year on December 2nd 🙂

Nice! I have too many fragrances atm (-_-;)....... so I'll wait for next year! 🙂

@TriesToBoClassy @Mochapj What are your thoughts about SL Chergui? I see it has notes of iris, sandalwood, tobacco leaf...

@vegchililover78 I have only sprayed it once at a counter, in the midst of summer. Then I thought it was too much. I bet it would be really good in colder weather, but i don't have a sample to try. I am glad @Mochapj knows more 😄

@vegchililover78 I own it and like it a lot in the winter. 

It's a little spicy, warm, and there are things about it that remind me of Christmas. 🙂

@TriesToBoClassy when you receive your spray duo, please let me know if you figure out how to open the atomizer.

I have the one in Rahat Loukoum and have never been able to figure out how to change out the tube for a fresh one 😄

@Mochapj I can grab the black spray nozzle part and gently pull out the glass tube from the travel case. Mine is Iris Silver Mist 😄

20161207_084850-1.jpg

Thank you!!

I kept trying to twist it out, LOL.

I ordered about a dozen samples from The Perfumed Court and I'm having so much fun trying them out. Two tried so far:

Tom Ford Tuscan Leather - very leathery! Which I like.  It's very nice but felt a little one-dimensional to me. I'm starting to think I need a little sweetness in my 'fumes and this has none.

Kerosene Unkown Pleasures. Love, love, love. Totally buying a full size. This is one of the most unique fragrances I've ever smelled. I'm not sure thus would be everyone's 'cup of tea'. 😂 It smells strongly of creamy earl grey with lemon, and it has a strong sugary sweetness as well. I absolutely love it.

I have been very curious about Kerosene. I tried a sample of Broken Theories and it is amazing - a smoky incense that's autumnal, but cold.

testing