Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Indiescents has 1.5 ml sprays for $5.00. I'm not affiliated with them at all, but I've placed a few sample orders and been really happy with them. (Shipping is a bit steep though at $6.00 for just-sample orders.)

They also have a monthly sampler series of 3 scents for $15 shipped (ships from Canada). I've gotten it for a few months and the choices have been excellent, and lots have been new releases. Also, you get a $15 credit each month for the store, which you can use on samples (not the monthly sampler though.)  For me it is a nice compromise of having some things chosen for me that I probably wouldn't have considered, and getting to pick out a few myself.

Since I'm just learning fragrance, I tried a bunch of the subs at first (Olfactif, Scentbird, and Scent Trunk) but when I got a bit overwhelmed with too many samples, I cancelled the others and kept Indiescents.

Mocha, I'd love to hear your thoughts once you do. I'm wondering too about some of the middle eastern brands.  I can dig up the names of some sites that carry them if you're interested.  I'm pretending to work so didn't start trying to find them but spent some time a while ago researching related brands.  I'm thinking some of those must have scents with dates.

I did a video a while back on Arabian Oud Kalemat (no dates).  In the comments are a number of sites that sell this brand and others.  The video isn't relevant so I'm not posting it here...but I'll PM you the link and you can see a bunch of related sites in the comments.  It's been a while since I was on them...but if nothing else..the fragrances are gorgeous.  I did order from some and loved them.

just going to leave this here... 😄

moschino fresh.JPG

Hahahha I like the Moschino doesn't take itself too seriously.

The only worry is mistaking actual Windex for this. 😄 I wonder how big this bottle/spray(?) is?

OMG. seriously??! 

thanks for posting this!

Have you seen the teddy bear perfume? The head comes off and reveals the spray. They are clever!

I remember someone else posting about that one! The beheaded teddy kinda freaked me out haha. But definitely creative! And gutsy for perfume 😉

HA Moschino!! I don't own anything from the brand but I just adore their approach. 

Oh moschino.... :S

I don't know what's weirder, this or their collection of McDonald's accessories (ick)

boop.

I just received my Black Friday bag from Luckyscent. I also ordered a few more samples that have been on my wish list. Here's my order:

image.jpg

I had my hubby pick which one I should try first. So I'm wearing Lavs by Unum. He said I smell like a Greek Orthodox Church. It reminds him of his youth. His best friend was Greek and he attended many events with him. I'm digging it. 

Spoiler
Contents of Black Friday bag:
image.jpg

so lovely !! please keep reporting back !

I finally received my (first!) order from Surrender to Chance. I must say I am very pleased with their service thus far. My sample orders were:

Chanel No. 5 EDP

Chanel No. 5 Eau Premiere

Chanel No. 18

Chanel No. 22

Chanel Gardenia

Serge Lutenx Une Voix Noir

I have never tried No. 5 (crazy, right?) and last night I decided to start off "easy" and sample the Eau Premiere. My first impression: beautiful and sophisticated scent that makes me want to cuddle up by the fire place. Do I love it? Not yet, so I will need to sample this further. Unfortunately, stupid me got all excited about trying this scent and spilled half the 2 ml vial when I was pulling the cap off. 😉  It landed all over the lid of my laptop  (whew...close call) so now I can say my laptop is wearing Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere. 😉

This morning, I applied SL's Une Voix Noir. I am in GARDENIA HEAVEN. I LOVE gardenia scents, and this may be a must-own to add to my collection (I already own TF's Velvet Gardenia, Annick Goutal's Un Matin d'Orage, Marc Jacob's signature fragrance, and EL's Tuberose Gardenia). Does anyone else love gardenia scents and own SL's Une Voix Noir?

Thanks for letting me share ladies! Heart

I just saw Bella Freud fragrances at Nordstrom today. I've only read about them from the lovely GPL. Has anyone tried the brand? Any recommendations?

Aaaaahhhhh which Nordstrom? I wonder if they're available near me...

ETA: Just looked them up on .com, and they all show as backordered, with no location available. Bah. However, I saw this as one of the sidebar recommendations:

upload_3047494354602481826.jpg

Oh man. This line sounds amazing to me.

Oh my! I think I might have to pick up the small one. Sounds amazing!

I sprayed TF Tobacco OUD on a strip at the CCO store yesterday - accidentally got some on my fingers so rubbed them on my wrist... every time I caught a whiff of it for the rest of the day, it reminded me of EL Youth Dew. But, I haven't smelled that in years so maybe I'm crazy LOL

I was in Charlotte, NC for the holidays.  Stopped by Neiman Marcus yesterday to try out some perfumes.  They had a deal that if you bought over $100, you would get a clutch bag filled with perfume samples.  I also got a $50 gift card for spending over $150.  Anyhoo, I bought a bottle of Creed Love in White.  The clutch I received with the purchase was filled with the following samples:

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom (already tried)

Norell New York 002

Lalique Amethyst Eclat

Oribe Cote d'Azur

Gold Must de Cartier

Miu Miu eau de parfum

Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme (already own)

Dunhill London Icon

Elie Saab Le Parfum

Molton Brown Water Mint Body Wash (already tried)

I'll give my opinions on these samples after I try them out.

I am particularly curious to know what you think of the scents by Norell and Miu Miu.

Happy sampling! 🙂

If you all love a limited edition perfume, how many back up bottles do you keep? Just curious. I fell in love with this years Diptyqie LE and bought one back up bottle. Thinking about getting a third but feeling a little guilty as I have at least 12-15 bottles of perfume. But when it's LE I hate the thought of it being gone!

testing