Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I just saw Bella Freud fragrances at Nordstrom today. I've only read about them from the lovely GPL. Has anyone tried the brand? Any recommendations?

Aaaaahhhhh which Nordstrom? I wonder if they're available near me...

ETA: Just looked them up on .com, and they all show as backordered, with no location available. Bah. However, I saw this as one of the sidebar recommendations:

upload_3047494354602481826.jpg

Oh man. This line sounds amazing to me.

Oh my! I think I might have to pick up the small one. Sounds amazing!

I sprayed TF Tobacco OUD on a strip at the CCO store yesterday - accidentally got some on my fingers so rubbed them on my wrist... every time I caught a whiff of it for the rest of the day, it reminded me of EL Youth Dew. But, I haven't smelled that in years so maybe I'm crazy LOL

I was in Charlotte, NC for the holidays.  Stopped by Neiman Marcus yesterday to try out some perfumes.  They had a deal that if you bought over $100, you would get a clutch bag filled with perfume samples.  I also got a $50 gift card for spending over $150.  Anyhoo, I bought a bottle of Creed Love in White.  The clutch I received with the purchase was filled with the following samples:

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom (already tried)

Norell New York 002

Lalique Amethyst Eclat

Oribe Cote d'Azur

Gold Must de Cartier

Miu Miu eau de parfum

Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme (already own)

Dunhill London Icon

Elie Saab Le Parfum

Molton Brown Water Mint Body Wash (already tried)

I'll give my opinions on these samples after I try them out.

I am particularly curious to know what you think of the scents by Norell and Miu Miu.

Happy sampling! 🙂

If you all love a limited edition perfume, how many back up bottles do you keep? Just curious. I fell in love with this years Diptyqie LE and bought one back up bottle. Thinking about getting a third but feeling a little guilty as I have at least 12-15 bottles of perfume. But when it's LE I hate the thought of it being gone!

If it's much loved and LE or out of production, I usually keep around three or four backups. It's ridiculous. I know I'm hoarding. I have got more perfume than I need for the rest of my life, but I just hate the idea of something being gone...forever... 

i have yet to purchase a back-up bottle of anything, yet. like others, i have so many that i haven't really gone a whole bottle of any particular scent. if i could purchase a backup of anything, it would be Tom Ford's Velvet Gardenia. this one got discontinued so i use this one sparingly.

I tend not to buy back up bottles.  I have so much already,I feel like I'll never use up what I have.  If I really adored something, I'd consider it...

Is this something you wear every day and want to wear for along time?

the only LE perfume I have is Amber Absolute, and I just bought one single large bottle. It's something I will only wear sparingly, but it's an option I'm going to have for a long time. 

The jasmine LE from diptyque is really special. I bought it too and don't normally buy scents that are essentially single notes. I can tell you from having studied aromatherapy for years that it captures the scent of very high quality jasmine oil extremely well (in my opinion). That being said, it's not really unique in that regard. 

Personally I rarely get a back up of a fragrance and then never more than one. I figure in the year or two it would take me to use it up (if I love it) something else will come along and if it doesn't the scent may change over time. 

I think you're both right..something else will come along. Yes the one I'm talking about is Essences Incensees. It is really beautiful! I don't know a lot about all the notes, just that I love it!

I only ever get 1 back up, just because I know I have so many others that I wear - it takes me a while to finish a bottle. If I have a backup, then I typically have one bottle i use and another that is intended to stay hidden away in my collection 🙂 only to be used if absolutely necessary.

There are always more coming out. I'll keep buying more. So I limit myself to the one.

Jo Malone Dark Amber & Ginger Lily disappears on me in 1-2 hours.. I am probably going to go through my bottle in record time 😞 Would anyone have advice on how to extend wear?

My old method (a billion years ago) is probably sacrilege but... I would put a little perfume on a cotton ball which I would then put under the top front center part of my bra. Lasted all day.

This doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.. i will get to smell all the fumes wafting up..:D

There are always scent lockets as well? Then the fragrance isn't on your skin.6a00d834515e6669e20120a7194db4970b-pi.jpg

Never heard of this- it's lovely!

I've never seen this! How pretty!

The tried and true method is lotion. Especially if you can use a lotion in the same fragrance, or just applying an odorless lotion first and spraying the fragrance on top will extend its life. 

However, the last time this was asked, it was determined that the Jo Malone was an EDT, meaning it is more diluted than an EDP and innately won't last as long. 

testing