Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Thanks!  I'll keep that in mind.  A user on youtube convinced me to try some Kilian fragrances as well as Serge Lutens.  Another user said I should try out some Byredo scents (their name keeps making me think of a burrito though 😄 )

i got a sample of tom ford cafe rose and tried it an hour ago. what it smells like on my skin versus the intoxicating scent i first experienced on a paper strip are nothing alike. on me, it smells like the remnants of estee lauder's "beautiful" sprayed three days previous on a wool blazer w/ a fresh spritz of ysl paris on top of it -- it smells like my older sister back in 1987. bizarre. i don't want to smell like my sister even though i love her to death. had high hopes for this but it's definitely a pass

What a bummer, I'm so sorry!

thanks..it's okay though..i really didn't need another $220 bottle of perfume on my wishlist..haha

Doing a bit of catch up...I finished up the Besame Decades of Fragrance set today. 

Spoiler
This scent was the one I wanted to try the most to compare it to MMM Jazz Club. They are very similar, but Jazz Club is definitely more masculine, heavier. This smelled a little boozy at first, but dried down to a nice bergamot, sandalwood and amber blend. 

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Very feminine and powdery. This reminds me vaguely of Gucci's Flora. The notes I noticed the most were tuberose, freesia and mandarin. Even though this has notes of gardenia I didn't notice it at all as compared to 1910 which doesn't, but has a very strong gardenia note.

image.jpeg

Spoiler
This one might be my favorite. It's hard to pick a favorite as each scent is so distinct and beautiful. I feel like this scent is what a grown up rose fragrance should smell like. It's not overpowering or cloying as some rose fragrances can be. Very feminine, but not overly so with the other notes of patchouli, oak moss and coriander. 

image.jpeg

that decades of fragrance set sounds pretty amazing..thanks so much for taking time to review them

My samples from LuckScent came today, and I'm so excited! I don't know which one to try first!!

image.jpeg

I love luckyscent, enjoy your samples!

LOL! What did you get?

Alexander J -- Amber Oud (OMG smells so good)

Regina Harris -- Frankincense Myrrh Rose Maroc

Escentric Molecules -- Molecule 01

Lubin -- Indole de Lubin

Helmut Lange -- Cuiron

Heeley -- Sel Marin

Michele Bergman -- Black Amber

Bruno Acampora -- Musc

Byredo Parfums -- Gypsy Water

10 Corso Como -- Eau de Parfum

Nicolai -- Amber Oud

Montale -- Intense Cafe

Tauer -- L'aire du Desert Marocain

Tom Ford -- Tobacco Vanille

Regina Harris -- Amber Vanilla

Can you tell I have a smoky, amber, incense obsession going on, lol?

ooh that list looks fun

Tauer LDDM is awesome!

It has become my go-to cold-weather work scent (goes on a bit strong at first, but it hangs pretty close to your skin after an hour and some)

Byredo Gypsy Water is on my list, although I've been a little put off by the citrus top notes (my skin tends to magnify these notes) and the vanilla in the base. Would love to know what you think!

You'd like Tauerville vanilla flash.  I prefer it to TF tobacco vanilla because it has a lot less cinnamon...I never realized until I smelled it how much cinnamon is in TV.  Also Kerosene Broken Theories;  warm burning incense and spices, softened with barely there vanilla and blood orange (it's unisex, not at all sweet).

I wish Broken Theories smelled like spicy incense on me. I get lots of blood orange and little else.

Similar experience with R'Oud Elements...

I LOVE everything you ordered. Smokey incense scents are my favorite. Really excited to hear your thoughts on these. Can't wait to see what you pick first. I'm  kind of drooling over here. 

I just ordered some plain old frankincense oil from Amazon and I'm rolling in it today. It smells so good. I rubbed a tiny bit on my dogs back and now she smells awesome too. 

I'm all into smokey Amber so I'm taking notes :). Less so on the patchouli. IIRC, I'm not a fan of Byredo Gypsy Water, but I'm still intrigued 🙂

Small rant ahead: I hate when my ability to smell changes 😞 

I'm kind of sick - like, half-sick basically. It felt like a cold was coming on so I started taking all of my preventative supplements and now I'm basically left with a cold and minor symptoms.

But ughh I can only breathe through half my nose. And I wore Atelier Rose Anonyme today, and it smells kinda soapy and icky to me which sucks because I've worn it before and I know I like it. 

Grumble grumble grumble.

Anonymous Insider

Do a saline flush/neti and brush your teeth, that should unclog everything for a few hours. Feel better soon!

Thanks, TSQ! 

I have the half-cold too 😞

I've stopped wearing perfume altogether because everything smells gross to me.  Everything. 

I should stop too, because yesterday was gross as well but I blamed it on the perfume since it was one I hadn't tried before. Blech. Colds are the worst!

9 Replies
testing