Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

1930. This scent is heady and enveloping! Very sexy. The tobacco is perfectly balanced with the other notes. What came through the most for me was the cinnamon, tobacco, clarysage and vanilla. It was a warm day here and the heat seemed to bring out the scent more, little swirls of cinnamon!

image.jpeg

this sounds like my kind of scent.....

This sounds like something right up my alley :). Thank you for sharing!

Ooooh luscious!

has anyone purchased the new marc jacobs decadence and the new miu miu scent? i was a sucker for the bottles so i made blind purchases of them from overseas. they are shipping a friend of mine whom i will be visiting over the holidays (overseas sold the smallest bottle of the miu miu, which is what i wanted, and 25% off both scents). i haven't smelled these yet and i am curious to know what you think of these new fall releases.

I only got a card of decadence and a sample of miu miu.  Was considering miu miu FS just for the bottle, too.  I like it quite a lot, but there is a tiny note of spiciness that lingers that I don't love 100%, but I am still considering getting it.  Decadence was pretty nice, too, I liked it much better than the other MJ fragrances which i just don't find very exciting!  I think you'll be happy with these and such beautiful bottles!

my top 5 6 that i own:

1. serge lutens - ambre sultan
  2. tom ford - santal blush
  3. tokyomilk - arsenic (yay budget !)
  4. v&r - flowerbomb. while not exactly 'my' kind of scent, i have so many intense and formative memories associated with this it will always be dear to me
  5. bvlgari jasmine noir & and chanel coco noir are very similar to me. so they get a tie. i should probably explore their differences a bit more....
  6. issey miyake l'eau de issey. again, not my typical sort of scent but this floral is so delicate that exudes a strong femininity that i really admire. 

shout out to le labo rose 31. i don't own this so i'm not including it, but i will. i have the lotion, shower gel and hair conditioner, though. this is the rose that made me realize not all rose smells of a funeral (which i actually appreciate in concept but, again, difficult connotations). 

Tokyo Milk is such a great brand.  My 14 year old's favorite is Tainted Love. I have to take a deep breath on that one but at least she has good taste!

I am finally done sampling all my Atelier Cologne vials! As per my usual preferences, I love the citrusy, green, and floral scents. The darker, complex ones are really interesting but not ones I would wear. Since i haven't found one that i *must* buy a full sized bottle of, but really liked several, I want to get a customizable rollerball set from Atelier Cologne direct 😄

The following vials are the ones that are NOT citrusy/green/floral, i.e. the ones that i won't be keeping. I will be happy to ship those in a padded envelope to anyone in the US that is interested (for free, of course). *all pending*

Ambre Nue, Blanche Immortelle, Cedre Atlas, Gold Leather,
Oud Sapphir, Santal Carmin, Vanille Insensee, Vetiver Fatal.

I would love the Oud Sapphir, pm'ing you now. 

Since this is the thread for fragrance junkies, I was wondering if I'm the only one that just layers on a bunch of my favorite scents on a night in? I love smelling like a Sephora store without offending anyone's nose besides my husband's and my cats' lol.

Before my boyfriend lived with me, I used to.  Though I don't usually layer, exactly, just try out different ones on each arm, etc.  he's really sensitive to scents so I have to pay attention to the ones that he can't stand instantly and put those away. But I will spritz something on after my shower at night so it's not so strong by the time bedtime rolls around. 

But when I Visit the mall, all bets are off, I spray everything on me!

Hah! This isn't something I,be tried. I get quite sensitive to smells, and I'm afraid if I created something I didn't like, I'd have to shower immediately :x

Today I wore 1920. It's a heavier floral, with amber and musky notes. I smell the jasmine, violet and amber notes predominately. Some reviewers on Besame noted a soapy or powdery scent, but I'm not getting that all. 

image.jpeg

i like this one a lot.  But 1920s wore the shortest time on me of the lot.  What do you think?

Definitely agree though all I can compare it to right now is 1910. As it settles I'm picking up muguet more, very heavy floral in a good way. Hollywood glamour!

They're all so lovely...I was just so frustrated with the wear time of 1920...because I like it a lot. That's the only one I had wear issues with.

Love them. Can't wait to hear your thoughts...

loving your reviews! I really want to try this perfume set so I'm excited to see what you think about the other scents!

Has anyone tried out the new Alaia signature scent? I am very curious about this one (the bottle is really pretty) but havent' had a chance to try this out yet.

I got a sample with my saks order and I was curious about it, too.  However, I found it overly perfumy and overbearing.  Like, I couldn't detect any specific notes - it just seemed like a blast of perfume.  I can't remember how it dried down, I wrote it somewhere on BT, but I'm not sure where.  Anyway, I was not a fan of this one! 

thanks for your assessment! hopefully i can sample this one day. i know scents will smell different on everyone. sorry to hear that you did not like this one.

3 Replies
testing