Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

I just did the same thing too. I had a paper sample of the Peony... that I loved!!! and so I actually just finally bought a Jo Malone mini set of 5 different fragrances that has the Peony and four others that all smell wonderful but they do not stay on very long at all. I've been wanting to try this brand for years so I'm with you...I would like to know the same thing too 😞

Junkie is a good descriptor for this thread.

img-2252904787f.png

haha..seriously..

Is anyone else familiar with L'Antichambre? If so, what have you tried? I'm super in love with Chocolat, that I feel like their must be something else really wonderful there. So far, I've tried Cuir (reminds me of Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, but with a beautiful berry note. Unfortunately, it did not fade so well on me), Gingembre (the ginger totally ruins this. The rest really reminds me of something Provence), and Speculoos (first few minutes are amazing, and then vomit). I'm wearing the speculoos today in the crook of my left elbown and it is making me nauseous and totally ruining my Chocolat experience :x.

i had to look le chocolat up on lucky scent..i may have wiped drool from my face 

Ever since I tested GA Si I have been obsessed and finally ordered the full-size! I cannot wait to spray that stuff all over lol. It's such a nice sweet sensual scent to me. 

si smells amazing on my sister and horrid on me  😕  we're polar in body chemistry in a lot of fragrances, though

New fragrance discoveries (and purchases) are so exciting - so yay for getting something that you love! I haven't tried Si, but I'm sure it is lovely on you 🙂

i was going to put this in the "random thoughts: beauty" thread but i suppose it'd be just as appropriate here. i've dabbled in a few TF fragrances before by purchasing decants but usually shied away from full bottle purchases due to the price tag -- even though the frags are worth it. i went to see/smell what was new (to me) at the tom ford counter and chatted w/ the SA for a few minutes about the different ones i was testing. i did something i've never done before at a fragrance counter; i asked the SA to recommend a scent based on how i dressed/looked. i don't know where that came from since i'm so d*mn picky when it comes to fragrances. anyway, she pulls out cafe rose and then laughed at the skeptical face i was making at her. i tentatively sniffed the tester strip w/ cafe rose on it and was pleasantly surprised. i was intrigued enough that i wanted to spray it on my skin to see how it wears on me, but i didn't since i was w/ a friend and her 1 y/o son -- i didn't want to overwhelm them in case they're sensitive to strong scents. from the paper strip, i smelled deliciously dark coffee, sandalwood, spices, and turkish delights. i can't stop thinking about cafe rose..i'm also kicking myself for not asking for a sample! i'll get a sample next time i'm at nordies..

I have told myself that if I am even remotely curious about a TF scent to just get a sample.  Even if I hate it at first.  This is since at least twice I have sprayed something on me and left the counter thinking "god that was horrible" only to become obsessed within the next hour or so and beyond and wish I'd gotten a sample.  This happened with Amber Absolute and now I've bought it. 

haha..that's how i was w/ oud wood

Anonymous Insider

Yep. I don't even bother with strips, something on paper may be totally mute on my skin. Cafe Rose sounds delicious though.

all this cafe rose talk lately i feel like i've seriously missed out on something................

i must search for these other discussions you speak of..but yeah, i have a strong feeling you'd really like cafe rose, especially since you're a rose fan and also from what i see on your perfume shrine 🙂

Honestly, even though in not a rose fan, I kind of want to wear it tomorrow (I have a sample). Oh the power of BT!

Definitely get a sample! For what it's worth, it is one my SA recommended for me too, and she looks impossibly cool. Do you like rose? When I tried it, I went from love to hate (and back again). The coffee/gourmand part of it is amazing, but then the Rose...you just have to like rose too :). 

nice! i value your opinion. i like some of the frags you've mentioned. the rose..that's the thing..for the longest time i wasn't a fan of rose. most rose scents to me are too much like potpourri, elderly women, or reminded me of funerals. cafe rose doesn't fall under any of those categories. i know there are different species of roses that smell worlds apart, but i'm no expert and can't differentiate between them. i am, however, a gourmand scent fiend (vanilla, especially) so that really plays into my intrigue.. 

Tauerville Rose Flash is another rose that's edgy and not old lady.  Softer than the JHAG version of edgy rose, but not super floral in feel.

Tobacco, a touch of vanilla, and a fresh not aged rose scent.  Andy Tauer's main line has a rose called Roses of Kandahar which sells out every year...it's made of roses from Afghanistan that are seasonal and very limited.  Cool concept but I've never seen the scent in stock (sells out so fast) so I got Rose Flash instead.  

Ooh, another Tauer fan 🙂

I finally received my bottle of PHI Un Rose de Kandahar today.

(It got restocked earlier this month, and it seems to be in stock at multiple sites/stores and also on the Tauer website.)

I don't even like rosy perfumes, but it. is. stunning!

Totally contemplating getting a backup since I know it will go out of stock soon… I'm also beating myself for not picking up Tauerville's Incense Flash when I had a chance, so probably going to place an order for that as well.

I am basically a click away from getting it...so you recommend it?  Obviously...

I might have to get it...

You like incense flash?  I haven't smelled that one yet.  Now...I might not be able to resist.  Thanks for the input!!!

I have had it on my wrist for a little over two hours now- still going strong (02 is the only one that tends to fade to a whisper on me by the two hour mark- all other Tauers last a good five hours on me anyway), and so far it is looking like a win. Reminds me of 08 Une Rose Chypree sometimes, but that is probably my brain getting confused with the rose note combined with spice (probably cinnamon?).

I did get some almond notes and I don't like almond, but it doesn't overwhelm everything else.

I don't really smell vanilla, which is also good.

It actually reminds me of rose attar (which is a lot like a potent version of rosewater if you haven't smelled it).

Some roses tend to turn acidic on me, and so far not seeing that with PHI. If you're a fan of rose in general though, you probably can't go wrong. This is more of a pure rose overall- but not in the same vein as SL's Sa Majeste La Rose, which I despise.

(Not sure if you live near a store where you can stop by for a quick sniff. Are you getting a decant or FB?)

1 Reply
testing