Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Do you recommend it? I've been so intrigued but the Kandahar concept...but I do love the Rose Flash...

Guidance? L4S?

I am going to try and dig out my sample and revisit it. 

Let me know if you find it!!

Aw thanks! For me, I just usually find roses *on me* to be overwhelming.  It isn't one of my favorites, but of the fragrances I have tried, I do like Cafe Rose. I think the "cafe" aspect just makes it edgier and kind of "cuts" the rose and keeps it more in check. I generally don't like powdery phrases and find floral and powdery go hand in hand, but Tom Ford does well with it (no powdery here). Definitely get a sample to try and report back!

no powder?! even better!! crap..my first full size bottle TF purchase first choice, which is tobacco vanille, quite possibly has a serious contender in cafe rose.. (edited b/c my grammar stinks when i'm excited and type too fast..i still probably got the grammar wrong in the edit haha)

sweetxteeth, CR is definitely not powdery.  

I'm not a rose person, nor a coffee person, so it isn't my cup of tea, but in terms of the rose - it is a potpourri (dried) type of rose, not a super heady fresh rose scent.  

When I tried it, my notes were;

soft potpourri rose - delicate and sweet.  not for me, but lovely for rose aficionados.

But I would definitely recommend trying it on and not just going off the paper.  TF is too pricy to gamble 😉

thank you for your input! TF is fbw, but i agree i shouldn't gamble. definitely going to get a sample. my skin is usually dry and it plays a huge part on my chemistry w/ scents. i generally sample over a course of 3 days..test on regular (dry) skin, test on skin w/ bliss naked body cream applied, and a test w/ my blend of body oils (mainly consists of jojoba oil) that i occasionally use as a moisturizer in cold weather months.

LOL! If I recall, powder is minimal, if any. I wanted to try my Chocolat again, so didn't wear cafe rose this morning, but can confirm later :).

old pics (last year -- collection has been updated, and some moved to my vanity), but it's my fragrance shrine that lives in my living room amidst my books and records and dvds 🙂

smells1

smells2.jpg

Love your shrine! 

Awesome thread mocha!  

I was was going to share in random thoughts but here suits better!  I just switched over my "fall/winter" fragrance wardrobe.  There are more, but these are the stars at the moment.

image.jpeg

I love your set up, too! Especially your jewelry! I love statement necklaces-gorgeous! 

It's La Prairie Silver Rain.  Reminds new me a little of Angel but I don't like angel.  This is forever old but I really still like it!

I love your setup and I want to play in your perfumes!

Love your setup!  What's in the silver teardrop?

wait what did you think of nombre noir ????

I have only sniffed the decant so far, haven't applied yet.  From a sniff it is 'complicated'... There are lots of competing smells going on.  

I'm secretly hoping I hate it, which is why I haven't tried it on yet.  I don't want to fall for something that is ridiculously hard to come by.

My Besame Decades of Fragrance set arrived yesterday! The packaging is so cute!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm going to take a break from Etat and go through these this week! I love that the vials are shaped like the lipstick tube! Today I wore 1910:

image.jpeg

This is definitely a white floral. It's not listed as a note, but I smelled gardenia. I'd say this is more of a spring or summer scent. The tuberose and saffron (I ❤️ saffron) came through nicely. When I first put this on I immediately felt comforted. It reminds me of the perfume my mom wears. I can see myself buying this for sentimental reasons alone. 

OMG, can't wait to here more about these!

Ooh vegi, sooooo pretty!!  I can't wait to hear what you think of these!

testing