Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

thank you for your input! TF is fbw, but i agree i shouldn't gamble. definitely going to get a sample. my skin is usually dry and it plays a huge part on my chemistry w/ scents. i generally sample over a course of 3 days..test on regular (dry) skin, test on skin w/ bliss naked body cream applied, and a test w/ my blend of body oils (mainly consists of jojoba oil) that i occasionally use as a moisturizer in cold weather months.

LOL! If I recall, powder is minimal, if any. I wanted to try my Chocolat again, so didn't wear cafe rose this morning, but can confirm later :).

old pics (last year -- collection has been updated, and some moved to my vanity), but it's my fragrance shrine that lives in my living room amidst my books and records and dvds 🙂

smells1

smells2.jpg

Love your shrine! 

Awesome thread mocha!  

I was was going to share in random thoughts but here suits better!  I just switched over my "fall/winter" fragrance wardrobe.  There are more, but these are the stars at the moment.

image.jpeg

I love your set up, too! Especially your jewelry! I love statement necklaces-gorgeous! 

It's La Prairie Silver Rain.  Reminds new me a little of Angel but I don't like angel.  This is forever old but I really still like it!

I love your setup and I want to play in your perfumes!

Love your setup!  What's in the silver teardrop?

wait what did you think of nombre noir ????

I have only sniffed the decant so far, haven't applied yet.  From a sniff it is 'complicated'... There are lots of competing smells going on.  

I'm secretly hoping I hate it, which is why I haven't tried it on yet.  I don't want to fall for something that is ridiculously hard to come by.

My Besame Decades of Fragrance set arrived yesterday! The packaging is so cute!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'm going to take a break from Etat and go through these this week! I love that the vials are shaped like the lipstick tube! Today I wore 1910:

image.jpeg

This is definitely a white floral. It's not listed as a note, but I smelled gardenia. I'd say this is more of a spring or summer scent. The tuberose and saffron (I ❤️ saffron) came through nicely. When I first put this on I immediately felt comforted. It reminds me of the perfume my mom wears. I can see myself buying this for sentimental reasons alone. 

OMG, can't wait to here more about these!

Ooh vegi, sooooo pretty!!  I can't wait to hear what you think of these!

Lovely!  I like that line.  Can't wait to hear your favorite. I have 1940s but like a few..

Yay, my favorite topic! Thanks for starting it. I don't have anything terribly interesting on my radar at the moment. My fragrance shopping has been down lately. 

I did just received a bottle of Love by Chloe in the mail. I am not a big fan of Chloe fragrances, but I really fell for this one from an old mini I received years ago and was lucky to find a bottle for a great price online (it is discontinued, but still easy to find at the moment). Sweet, powdery Iris. Ahhhh. And it lasts forever.

You got Nombre Noir!? Oh please, please review that for us! 🙂 

Spoiler

Will do!  It's on my list of things to try this week 😉

I have Love Chloe and Love Chloe Florale...I like both, the Florale is really interesting if you get a chance to test it.

Speaking of Christmas, I've been waiting for the weather to cool off so I can start wearing Commes de Garçons Avignon. Raised Catholic, the only time of year I didn't mind church was Christmas, specifically Midnight Mass. The whole place filled with frankincense and myrrh incense...I loved it. And that's exactly what Avignon smells like. 

From Fragrantica:  Avignon is Catholicism, named after the city of Avignon in the south of France, the Provance region. It was a very influential Catholic centre in the 14th century. This is a smell of gothic cathedrals, their vast and high halls, goblins and tapestries that were absorbing the sacred frankincense smell for centuries.

The goblins part made me laugh, but it's true. This is a heavy, Gothic fragrance, only for cool weather and lovers of incense. 

i adore CDG avignon. thank you for reminding me.

i've been a big fan of CDG fragrances. just like everything else they do, their scents are often subverted. some smell of gasoline. adore.

1 Reply
testing