Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Fragrance Junkie Central

I know there are a few of us on BT that are fragrance addicts, so I thought it would be nice to have a dedicated place where we can share our thoughts.

This is not to take away from the lovely What Are You Wearing Today, Fragrance Edition thread, but more a place to post longer reviews, chat about new brands or releases, and just shoot the breeze on anything good and smelly 🙂

For me, I recently acquired 2 new decants that I've been anxiously awaiting.  Ever since Lachaton mentioned that MMM was releasing a new scent called By The Fireplace I've been itching to get my hands on it.  My decant arrived yesterday, so I'm looking forward to marinating in it this weekend.  Secondly, I recently picked up a tiny sample of Shiseido Nombre Noir.  Supposedly it is one of the most expensive failures in perfume history - made by Serge Lutens for Shiseido back in the 80s.  Of course, with a backstory like that, I was dying to get a sniff 😄

What's new on your scent radar?  Do tell!

im1017151age.jpeg

Re: Fragrance Junkie Central

Lachaton, the longer it wears the sweeter and more chestnutty it is getting.  It is nearly a chestnut praline.

I'm conflicted because I love this phase, but wasn't crazy about the 3 or so hours before it.

Mocha, I am currently marinating, about 45 minutes in, and am a very happy camper lmao.

i remember I wasn't sold on FeA initially, but after the second wear, I really noticed the "journey" and fell so hard for it!

This is sounding better and better...

Fabulous idea!  I love the idea or concept of so many perfumes and love having a sniff, even if I would never wear them. That Shiseido sounds fascinating. I think the ones that I have been curious about are the JAR exclusives. I can't even remember what retailer carries them. 

I was was on an iris binge lately and got some interesting ones. Most recent one I tried that I thought was lovely was I Miss Violet by a Different Company. 

Any iris recommendations?

Have you tried SL Silver Iris Mist, A'telier Cologne Silver Iris, both stunnng iris perfumes.  oh Chanel no. 28 La Pausa, or No. 19 Poudre very soft & feminine, Prada's Iris is nice but powdery.  Guerlain's Apres L'Ondee is stunningly beautful, Insolence EDP not EDT I think its been discontinued now but that is Violet & Iris on some serious crack!  Major sillage and longevity.

**bleep** it, now I have to go rummage through all my decants so I can smell the Iris..great scent and I'm not a floral lover!

L4S, I'm not a huge iris girl myself, but I went through my fragrance journal and pulled out a few that have fairly prominent iris notes that I enjoy;

JHAG (Juliette has a gun) citizen queen (has that powdery iris but not overpowering characteristic)

JHAG oil fiction (this also has saffron and is positively lovely)

SL Gris Clair (would be in my top 3 favorite SL scents)

Thank you!  I will have to check out oil fiction. I love Gris Clair as well. I am not a huge fan of powdery which usually goes hand and hand with iris. 

Well, if you are talking about these jars, Barney's carries them in the US, or you can get them direct from SL.

I have 2 and am dying to get a vanity so I can display them prominently.  The bottles are SO PRETTY!

Screen Shot 2015-10-17 at 11.30.44 AM.png

As for iris... let me page back through my fragrance notebook and see what pops out 😉

Those are so gorgeous!  

I should have have been more specific since you were talking about Serge Lutens. JAR (Joel Allen Rosenthal) is a jeweler in Paris (of the echelon that if you know the right people you might get on a waiting list to buy a piece for millions) that did a line of fragrance. Apparently you go and sniff them blind and they tell you after what they are but don't publish the notes. It is both ludicrous and fascinating. This one is Bolt of Lightening. I think the picture of the salon is from kafkaesque (sp?) blog. 

image.jpgimage.jpg

That is super ridiculous, but such a great idea and wow - so gorgeous! There is one parfumeur I came across recently who is apparently a pompous *ss and will not tell you the notes at all - so this is a vast improvement :P.

Wow, that bottle is beautiful!

Wow!  That is both ludicrous and fascinating.

That bottle is stunning.  The whole packaging is, really.

I am so intrigued by this idea.  I will be in Paris next summer... I may have to search this out!

ETA: Ok, I googled - it is Bergdorfs 🙂

3 Replies
testing