Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Does a fragrance like this exist?

Okay, I’m looking for a very specific scent and I’m not even sure if a fragrance like this exists. Basically I want something earthy, but more like that just-after-raining smell. Like the smell in the air right before a thunderstorm starts. I’m sure everyone knows what I’m talking about from description but the question is, does this exist? Does ANYONE make a fragrance like this? 

I know it’s probably off the wall and not a scent most people would want to adorn themselves with lol but if anyone would know where I could find something like this I’m sure the BIC would!

RE: Does a fragrance like this exist?

Try Calvin Klein CK One “summer”!

Re: Does a fragrance like this exist?

@HunterKathleenMad et Len just released a fragrance called Humus which has notes of damp earth, fresh fog, minerals and stone. Not sure what fresh fog would smell like given that stale fog is not really a thing but there it is.

Thanks! Adding it to my list.

@HunterKathleen 

I'd try

• Coven by Andrea Maack, this one is pretty earthy and very realistic
  • Angeliques Sous La Pluie by Frederic Malle, light and sparkling, this reminds me of gin and tonic but it sort of has a rainy thing going on
  • Pale Grey Mountain, Small Black Lake by DS and Durga, though has been discontinued so you'll have to hunt it down

Thank you!

@HunterKathleen I’d say Rain by Commodity but that is no longer! It’s literally exactly that scent. You can try By Rosie Jane Leila Lou. It’s a little more fresh cut grass and sweet but it’s earthy. Pinrose Treehouse Royal is pretty earthy, but that one isn’t available at Sephora. I could see layering TR and LL for that fresh, earth scent. 

That Commodity scent is exactly why I asked. 😭 I never knew it existed before Commodity went kaput, and it’s EXACTLY what I’ve been searching for. Thanks for the suggestions!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing