Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Commodity Gold Perfume.... Yellow

I got the travel size of the commodity gold perfume and loved it so much i bought the full size but when i opened up the full size at home the color of the perfume was a dark yellow. the perfume in the travel size is basically clear and the display full sized at the store was basically clear from what i remember. i am wondering if this is normal. should i bring it back to the store

Re: Commodity Gold Perfume.... Yellow

@MariaClaire, if the full size tester is not a darker colour, then it is possible that the fragrance has changed. I don't recall Commodity fragrances being this dark, but I cannot say that with certainty. Sometimes ingredients in a fragrance can darken but the perfume is fine!

However, if fragrance was not stored correctly and experienced prolonged exposure to light, or major temperature fluctuations, or high heat, this could have affected it negatively. Fragrances should be stored in a cool, dark place, preferably in its own box.

I would spray both the travel size and full bottle to see if there is any detectable difference.

• Thank you @MariaClaire for making us aware. Please note that the color of our full size fragrances may vary because of the fragrance concentration. The full size bottles have more fragrance (than our travel size ones) which means more color. We hope you are still enjoying your Gold fragrance!

You know I'm really glad you asked this question @MariaClaire because I was wondering if heat had anything to do with the color change. When I bought my travel size of the Gold it started out clear as well but when I kept in in my purse it started to turn yellow towards the end. It still smelled good but the color change was weird. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
Photos2
testing