Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Color changes in Commodity Velvet?

Hoping someone here can help me out; just purchased the COMMODITY - Velvet Travel Spray travel spray and redeemed some points for the reward as well. Any clue why there would be such a difference in color? The mini is quite yellow compared to the travel size which is clear. Both are EDP.

7FA35CA0-85F3-4632-9CEB-52E81BF24EE3.jpeg

TIA!

Re: Color changes in Commodity Velvet?

@eshoe, Commodity Velvet   is back in stock. Have you seen this?

COMMODITY - Velvet

89510A91-DAAA-4519-BDBE-168752672849.png

RE: Color changes in Commodity Velvet?

Fragrance is soo delicate! With today’s shipping and stock standards I’m sure something happened along the way. I have plenty perfume bottles this has happened to because I’ve brought them on planes and traveled to different environments that really effect the fragrance especially EDP with less alcohol in them. Maybe try to exchange it?

Re: RE: Color changes in Commodity Velvet?

Thanks, @am210! I am happy with the perfume as the scent is fine and it hasn’t irritated my skin at all, which is most important! Thanks for the tip, I appreciate your insight😊

@eshoe I’m curious how they smell, are there any distinguishable differences or do the smell the same? 

I’m also wondering if one was perhaps stored improperly or damaged by temperature in transport? 

I’m also tagging @pocketvenus because she’s so knowledgeable regarding fragrances. 

@eshoe@bakeamuffin, my apologies for the delayed reply! Sometimes perfumes can change colour, especially if they've been stored improperly. Light exposure for example, can alter colour. But if the scent hasn't changed, it is probably fine. 

Thanks for weighing in, @pocketvenus. I was just concerned about whether or not it was the actual product since they look so different. I don’t detect a difference in scent so I’m sure they are fine👍🏼

@eshoe, the most likely case is that the sample was old and had changed colour 🙂

@eshoe @pocketvenus You’re right! There’s nothing wrong with your sample. Due to many different factors through the perfume making process, each bottle/spray can differentiate in color. As long as the scent hasn't changed, you’re all good to go!

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation @Commodity! ♥️ my Velvet😉

I don’t detect a noticeable difference in scent, @bakeamuffin. Thanks for tagging her, it’s likely just fine however, I find it odd they vary so much in color. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 21 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
Photos2
  • 7FA35CA0-85F3-4632-9CEB-52E81BF24EE3.jpeg
  • 89510A91-DAAA-4519-BDBE-168752672849.png
testing