Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Coffee perfumes?

Hi everyone! I have enjoyed all these conversations so much! I was wondering if anyone could recommend a perfume with a noticeable coffee scent. I have YSL Black Opium, which I absolutely love, but the coffee bit does not come through at all. Thanks!

Re: Coffee perfumes?

@Scentsandcats You may want to check out Demeter Fragrances. They specialize in recreating aromas in nature and everyday life. They do have an espresso fragrance, and I believe a brewed coffee one as well. The company sells a variety of products from sprays to oils to bath and shower products, so there's a lot of choose from There are also a lot of other scents available for making your own blend. Sadly, though many of their scents are magical and surprisingly dead-on dupes for real-life things, they are not long-lasting. I've had the greatest longevity with the roll-on oil, plus the bottle is the perfect size for stashing in a handbag and touching up throughout the day.

Thanks so much! I will certainly check it out. 

MarciaBrady wrote:

@Scentsandcats You may want to check out Demeter Fragrances. They specialize in recreating aromas in nature and everyday life. They do have an espresso fragrance, and I believe a brewed coffee one as well. The company sells a variety of products from sprays to oils to bath and shower products, so there's a lot of choose from There are also a lot of other scents available for making your own blend. Sadly, though many of their scents are magical and surprisingly dead-on dupes for real-life things, they are not long-lasting. I've had the greatest longevity with the roll-on oil, plus the bottle is the perfect size for stashing in a handbag and touching up throughout the day.

Thank you for all your recommendations! I will try to check them out!

YSL Black Opium has subtle and sweet coffee notes.

And at Sephora, maybe try Commodity Tonka. @Scentsandcats

By Kilian Intoxicated is VERY strong but does have quite a strong coffee scent.  It is pricey, but definitely worth checking it out.  I love it!  @Scentsandcats

The two that spring to mind are Tom Ford's Cafe Rose and Bond no 9's New Haarlem. Neither are strictly coffee scents though.

Some people smell coffee notes in Nasomatto's Black Afgano - maybe in a rich, burnt kind of way.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing