Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

BIC Fragrance Finder

Are you looking for a new fragrance to try and fall in love with? This thread is for people looking for a signature scent or a new addition to their scent wardrobe.

It would help if you have an idea of what you're looking for. If you're not sure how to narrow things down, try asking yourself about

• Notes? Amber, bergamot, jasmine, leather, just name what you like 🙂
  • Type? Looking for something floral, sweet, fresh, spicy, fruity, woody, smoky, aquatic?
  • Vibe? Something sultry, girly, bracing, polished, simple, extravagant, playful?
  • Place? A scent for the office, first date, weekend day wear, something else?
  • Price? Let us know if you have a budget 🙂

wheel

Re: BIC Fragrance Finder

@pocketvenus   Feel better!

Thanks @Vmaster, feeling better today 🙂

@pocketvenus I just saw your earlier post and I'm sorry you've been sick! It's no fun at all. I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better, and I hope that continues and you are well again soon ❤️

@lachatonThank you! ❤️ The downside is I can't smell much these days!

I love this idea, @pocketvenus ! As someone who sucks with fragrance notes, I'm sure this will be super helpful! I've actually been meaning to ask for advice about a perfume. I love fragrances that smell like one specific thing (ex, a specific type of flower, fruit, wood, ect). I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a perfume that smelled like roses. I prefer rollerballs (they're more budget friendly for someone who wants to try many scents 🙈), but I'm also open to full bottles that are more on the affordable side 🙂 thank you! 

@SpaceLlama 

Fragrances that smell of one flower are called soliflores 🙂 Some great, affordable rose soliflores are

• Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose, fresh cut green floral shop rose. If you want something more musky, try La Fille de Berlin which has a hit of violets as well
  • JO MALONE LONDON - Red Roses Cologne, classic bright red roses
  • Diptyque Eau Rose, light fresh rose - try L'Ombre dans L'Eau for something more dramatic
  • STELLA MCCARTNEY - Stella, powdery woody femme rose, should come in a rollerball size too

Thank you so much, @pocketvenus ! A few of these are at my local Sephora, so I'll go get samples soon 🙂 Thanks for the info about soliflores too! I wasn't aware there was a specific name 🙂

@SpaceLlamayou're very welcome! I hope you find something you really love ❤️

I just recently got the Nest Rose Noir and Oud candle that came free with a fragrance purchase and I am in LOVE with the scent. If anyone knows anything similar to it in perfume form I would greatly appreciate it. 

@Jragon 

Dramatic and dark rose-oud fragrances are very popular 🙂 You might like

• Ex Idolo Thirty-Three
  • Kilian Musk Oud (they used to have a straight up rose-oud but that's been discontinued)
  • Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud
  • Diptyque Oud Palao
  • Tom Ford Noir de Noir
  • ATELIER COLOGNE - Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume 

Hi @Jragon !

I haven't smelled that exact candle, but if I had to guess based on the fragrance notes I'd suggest trying JO MALONE LONDON - Velvet Rose & Oud Cologne Intense, which is a lovely warm floral with rich rose and oud. For other warm roses, I'd try TOM FORD Cafe Rose Eau de Parfum Fragrance 3.4 oz/ 100 mL, THE 7 VIRTUES - Rose Amber Eau de Parfum, and AERIN Evening Rose 1.7 oz/ 50 mL Eau de Parfum Spray.

Love this idea for a thread @pocketvenus. Especially since my Velvet is gone and I’m more interested in seasonal scents. Thank you for starting this.

@pocketvenus - This is definitely a thread BIC needs!  Looking forward to people's questions and your answers!  🙂

Great idea for a new thread, @pocketvenus!  I'll start off--I'm looking for a fragrance with watermelon.  I really enjoyed the Escada Sorbetto Rosso from last year but I'd love to find another perfume with similar notes.

not really a perfume (although it should be), but hempz coconut + watermelon lotion smells really good! 🙂

@CookieGirl1  You did not mention any of the other bits of information, so here are some fragrances that resemble Sorbetto Russo:

3 L'Impératrice by Dolce & Gabbana

Gold Diva by Roberto Verino

Others that contain a watermelon note:

Ménage à Trois by Zarkoperfume

Island Fantasy by Britney Spears (may be discontinued)

Tropical Flowers by s. Oliver

Ferré Rose by Gianfranco Ferré

Laura by Laura Biagiotti (may be discontinued)

Watermelon Lollipop by Demeter Fragrance

So... ? Inspired by So... ?

Success by Milton Lloyd

Ninel No. 12 by Ninel Perfume (may be discontinued)

Pink Sunset by Victoria's Secret

Northern Beauty by Oriflame

Kashkha 2 by Arabian Oud

--Edited.

Awesome list @Vmaster !! @CookieGirl1 the only one I can think of to add is Demeter's Watermelon Lollipop 🙂

@pocketvenus I've definitely heard of that one but never actually smelled it. Have you?

@CookieGirl1I honestly can't recall as I've smelled so many. I do find this house to be very consistent and spot on with fruity, candy flavours. Not so much with the weirder ones like Sushi and Cannabis.

@pocketvenus I don't think I have any great desire to smell like sushi, anyway, LOL. I've only smelled a couple of fragrances from Demeter  - - ones that I've found at TJ Maxx or Marshalls - and they were cute but a little cheap smelling.

@CookieGirl1Thankfully sushi didn't actually smell like sushi! I agree, they're like fun, novelty scents.

testing