Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

Atelier Cologne Saturday event

I jumped at the chance to attend Atelier Cologne's Saturday event when it was offered a few weeks ago. As a disclaimer, I don't think my nose is particularly refined. I'm still trying to figure out what I like. The event was a tour of their fragrances and the concepts/inspiration behind them. If you have ever received a sample of an Atelier Cologne you know they come with postcards that have a story on the backside and a very cool image on the front which shows elements of the fragrance interwoven with other props to tell a story. Since it's been so dry out and my nose palette is not the most sophisticated, I'm going to spare everyone me butchering descriptions of the different fragrances. 😂 I'm going to test drive the sample of Pacific Lime I received and get back to you on what it smells like, and how it wears. It has a coconut base and then has grapefruit, lime, basil, and eucalyptus notes. It's the newest scent from Atelier, and it was exclusive to Sephora in December when it launched. Another thing I learned was that Atelier's scents are more than 90% naturally-derived (I believe it varies by scent) and that because they use such a high concentration of natural oils that the fragrances will develop uniquely to everyone's chemistry. Thank you so much to Sephora and Atelier Cologne for the invite! Without further ado, the photos:

Update: I reorganized the pictures a little so they're more sequential, and adding the photobooth pic!  

Spoiler
0171-11220-E6P1W9.gif

Re: Atelier Cologne Saturday event

Sounds like a fun event @itscarin  The decor is so pretty and so are your pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds like it was a wonderful event and the displays all look so stunning and colorful!

@myxducky It was really cool and I'm excited to share this event with everyone!  I'm wearing Pacific Lime today, and it just struck me that this smells similar to YSL Mon Paris.  I might have the worst nose in the world though, so don't quote me on that!  I'd love to hear from some of the other ladies that attended the event if they think it smells similar.

@itscarin Glad you could take advantage of this opportunity!  I wish my nose was more refined, too!  

@greeneyedgirl107  You have no idea how wrong I was on all of the guessing!  We were playing a little game where we could smell individual essential oils that made up the fragrance, and we had to guess what it was.  I will not be quitting my day job to become a perfumer anytime soon.  

@itscarin, that sounds so fun!!!

This looks incredible!  I'm glad you got to go, @itscarin!

@curlychiquita Thanks, it was a very educational event.  I hope we get to see the official Atelier event photographer pictures!

This looks incredible!  I'm glad you got to go, @itscarin!

@itscarin WOW! It looks like it was a beautiful event! I love the displays of the fragrances. Thank you for sharing 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT It was really fun, and thank you and Sephora for getting us in to the event!

@itscarin So happy to hear that you had a great time 🙂

Best,
Rebecca

Great pictures @itscarin! It looks like it was amazing, thanks for sharing!

@itscarin wow these are great pics! I’m glad you got to attend this event. Atelier did a wonderful job of artistically conveying their fragrances through props, decor and color. 

@trishavt thanks!  I have some videos I'm planning on posting on my ig later, including some shots of the infamous claw machine!  They had a really cool claw machine set up filled with atelier goodies.  In hindsight, I should've taken a picture of that, but I forgot.  There were so many richly textured details I was focused on trying to capture.  

@itscarin 

20190209_154751.jpg

@darkiceis awesome!  Looks like we did a pretty good job of cleaning out the claw machine! 🤣

@itscarin Great shots!! Looks like an awesome event, how fun that they recreated their signature post cards to tell the scent stories in person. My favorite photo is the one with all the papers flying above the desk, which scent is that representing? I couldn’t tell and would love to go smell it in person! It’s cool that atelier’s scents are so naturally derived, I was already a big fan of their products but this makes me even more attracted to their brand. Thanks for sharing your experience!

@mermaid805 It's Oolang Infiniti.  The story behind it is it's a writer suffering from writer's block.  I believe they said it had a moss and tobacco leaf to give it that smokiness. I wish I could describe it to you better, but my nose was so dry yesterday I couldn't smell very much. 

Fortunately, I don't suffer from migraines, but I've heard the synthetic fragrances can trigger them for some people.   Because these fragrances are so high in naturally-derived ingredients, there's a much lower trance they'll trigger a migraine, so that's great news for anyone who's fragrance-sensitive!

The more I've had time to digest the event the more I'm starting to see why they connect stories with the fragrances.  One of the fragrances they showcased reminded me of laundry, but Latin American laundry, not American laundry.  I have spent a few months in Costa Rica and Peru, and I noticed they use a different set of fragrances for their cleaning products, probably based on local palettes and availability.  The stories make sense now because I'm thinking if you loved the smells of a particular location you'll love the fragrance.  This also ties into some of the concepts they had around travel and fragrance.  For example Musc Imperial was designed for a particular hotel in Barcelona.  

This also made me think of when I was living in Pacifica, CA, there was a stretch of Skyline Blvd that was covered in eucalyptus so whenever you drove by you'd get a whiff of this extra freshness.

I'm sure if you sit and think about you can think about all different scents that remind you of a time or place.

@itscarin The photos you took are stunning. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. So many fragrances to choose from. 

24 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 24 replies
  • 101 Hearts Given
  • 13 Contributors
Photos18
testing