Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

While I am not a huge fan of rose scents (they often smell rather mature or maybe I just associate them with my aunts), I have found a few I truly enjoy. As perfumistas I thought we could start threads for particular notes, which may help those who are just getting into the world of perfume and don't know where to start.

So here is my first recommendation for rose-centric perfumes that have a bit of edge:

Sisley-Paris Izia: it's a new fragrance that I just received as a sample but I'm already in love! It opens with bright citrusy bergamot but the rose comes forward within a few minutes, with lots of greenery, as if the flower were still rooted to the ground rather than in a bouquet. 

Re: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

This is a funky, super powdery one, but there are days I just love Lush's Imogen Rose.  It makes me feel like I've crawled into a lovely, heady rose bath bomb.  

I wore it to school a few days in a row last year and one of my poor students said, "OMG, can you not wear that anymore!"  So..  scenter beware.

@LCResz I just tried a new one today that I liked - Philosophy's Amazing Grace Ballet Rose.  It smells authentic, and the price is lower than other big name brands.

Image result for philosophy ballet rose

Another rose perfume in my arsenal, but one I rarely wear because it is just too much for me, is Montale Rose Musk. The packaging is a pink metal canister that looks like it houses a girly yet weapons-grade volatile substance, and indeed this perfume is a rose bomb! There's supposed to be Jasmine and vanilla in there somewhere, but all I get are roses for days and a musky basenote. If you are a rose fan then this would work for you, but since I prefer my roses with woody notes to ground them, I'll stick to Juliette Has a Gun Midnight Oud or Jo Malone Velvet Rose & Oud for my rose fix.

image.jpeg

I LOVE this!  And my goodness, that packaging is just stellar.  I had the bottle sitting out on a table for awhile - just passing by it made me happy!  

I don't get the jasmine either, which is awesome because jasmine is usually a no-go for me.  I think I even love this more than the JM Rose/Oud. 

@greeneyedgirl107 Great recommendation, I haven't seen it in store, I'd love to try it out! 

Now that Sephora will be carrying Kiehl's, I'm hoping they'll bring back Patchouli and Fresh Rose, one of my favorites from the brand's Aromatic Blends. The rose is truly the star in this fragrance, while the patchouli grounds it and makes it cozy to wear. I have been guarding the last drops of this one for years ☺️

@LCResz The Ballet Rose is available exclusively at Ulta; but my best guess is that is only temporary.  I'm also excited about Sephora carrying Keihl's...would love to check out their scents!

Image result for fresh rose kiehl's

I absolutely love Roses de Chloe! 

RE: Re: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

I second that. On my wish list! 😄

RE: Re: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

SAME! It's the only one I buy now 💕

Usually not a fan of rose scented perfumes either, but I do like the Velvet Rose & Oud from Jo Malone.

@jlynlui Velvet Rose & Oud is wonderful, I have it as a dry body oil and I've rebought it twice! JM's Todur Rose & Amber is also a great, warm rose, too bad it was only around for the Rock the Ages collection. 

@LCResz What a great idea for a thread!  My favorite is Roses de Chloe.  It is so authentic-smelling to me.

@greeneyedgirl107 Thanks, I'm hoping those who are good at describing notes will start threads and give good examples so others can figure out how to decipher perfumes. I remember when I first started to really explore the fragrance world I felt pretty lost, like understanding what exactly was an iris based scent, or that I was actually loving a tonka note versus straight up vanilla 😊

@LCResz I'm still learning myself!  We can all help each other!

Le Labo Rose 31 is incredible. One of my favorite scents

l also really like Paestum Rose by Leau Ditalie 

You ladies make me curios about Le Labo Rose 31 now.  Need to hunt down some sample 😉

Oh yes Paestum Rose! It's such an interesting combination, as is Rose 31 😄

I love rose scents 🌹 some have already been mentioned.

Some favorites:

Frederic Malle Une Rose: earthy mushroomy delight.

Guerlain Nahema: psychedelic rose. The extrait is divine.

Van Cleef & Arpel Rose Velours: beautiful, velvety.

Guerlain Rose Barbare: light, but  spiced and with a bit of depth.

Serge Lutens Sa Majeste La Rose: slightly green, fresh but not quite clean beauty.

Diptyque Essences Insensees 2016 Rose de Mai: lightly honeyed and waxy.

Neela Vermeire Mohur: plush, opulent, spiced.

Amouage Lyric Woman: a less rosy, more middle eastern Mohur.

Hermessence Rose Ikebana: oh this is so pretty.. and doesn't last, as Hermessences tend to do.

mmmm. i love a rose perfume, though it took my nose some time to find that love.

fresh rose: diptyque eau rose

rose perfume that smells like other things: le labo rose 31

dark drippy blood rose: serge lutens fille de berlin, tom ford noir de noir

Fille de Berlin is too bloody for me. I have a mini that i try every once in a while hoping to like it. One day.. 😂

Two well made ones -- Guerlain has a nice fragrance called Rose Barbare. It has pepper notes and some spices that keeps it from being too flowery and not a lot of sillage. I like it in warm weather.

If you like a Chypre, Serge Lutens has one called Rose de Nuit. It's kinda green and you have to like patchouli.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpeg
testing