Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

While I am not a huge fan of rose scents (they often smell rather mature or maybe I just associate them with my aunts), I have found a few I truly enjoy. As perfumistas I thought we could start threads for particular notes, which may help those who are just getting into the world of perfume and don't know where to start.

So here is my first recommendation for rose-centric perfumes that have a bit of edge:

Sisley-Paris Izia: it's a new fragrance that I just received as a sample but I'm already in love! It opens with bright citrusy bergamot but the rose comes forward within a few minutes, with lots of greenery, as if the flower were still rooted to the ground rather than in a bouquet. 

Re: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

Definitely Byredo Rose of No Man's Land. ❤️

However, I've also been pleasantly surprised by Elizabeth and James' Nirvana Rose.

E&J Nirvana Rose is very well done, great staying power, and its "twin" Nirvana Bourbon is one of my favorite boozy scents!

Byredo Inflorescence is one of my all time favorite perfumes, and it smells like the loveliest bouquet of roses and freesia. But for something a little more interesting, I like Le Labo Roses 31 for a bit more warmth.

Anonymous Insider

For me Isabel by Tocca. It's pretty, flowery but not powdery, like a modern, younger version of the rose as we know it. Last long and keeps its shape. 

@Anonymous Oh! I do like this one as well.

@LCResz I wish I knew more perfume terminology so I sound like I know what I'm talking about! In any case my favorite rose scent is Stella. Mostly because not many fragrances mesh with my chemistry and this one does - and lasts besides 

@jozkid I'm not super well-versed in perfumery lingo either, but I've learned a lot from The Candy Perfume Boy and Katie Puckrik Smells, their blogs help me understand how to identify just what I love about certain frangrances, while (unfortunately for my wallet) helping me find even more perfumes I want to own! 

Im glad Stella works on you, it really is hard to find things that mesh well with our personal chemistry. Sadly Stella isn't something that settles well on my skin, but I did have more luck with Pop! Unfortunately my skin devours fragrances, so if something isn't strong it fades in no time on me 😫

I'm currently enjoying the warmth of By Kilian's Musk Oud, a pretty rose-oud with fragrant spices that wears like a cashmere shawl. (Although, for the price, I think it should have better staying power.)

I don't tend to like rose dominant scents but of the rose scents I appreciate:

Frederic Malle's Une Rose - a polished, poised and emotionally restrained rose. A little sombre.

Etat Libre's Eau de Protection - a dark, spicy rose. Great performance and very femme fatale.

Serge Luten's Sa Majesté La Rose - a fresh, photorealistic rose, like walking into a florist's shop.

You make me want to try Musk Oud, though i rarely like oud.

@TriesToBoClassyDefinitely worth a try. I actually like it more than BK's Rose Oud lol

@pocketvenus i LOVE ELdO 'eau de protection'. it should be on my list above, too.

@jemlyI wish Sephora had a rollerball of it for those rare times I want to wear a rose!

@pocketvenus I have the Kilian Oud Discovery Set, and I love the Rose Oud and Musk Oud from the set! Sadly their staying power is not great on, which is weird for Oud based fragrances. Still, not a bad reason to bring out the pretty atomizer and spritz some more!

@LCResz Nice! I'd love a set as I find Kilian's ouds lovely and relatively easy to wear but I agree, they fade so quickly, even the ones that start off more powerfully like Incense Oud...

RE: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

Chloe Roses de Chloe smells beautiful and I love it but it unfortunately fades very quickly.

Re: RE: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

One of the first perfumes i purchased! It is so lovely 🙂

Re: RE: A Rose by... Name your favorite Rose perfumes!

@bsparkles that's my impression of all Chloe perfumes, very pretty but quite ephemeral; Roses de Chloe is very lovely though!

Conversation Stats
Photos1
  • image.jpeg
testing