Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Day Eight: By Kilian's Vodka on the Rocks

A fresh and rather generic citrus-wood scent. It's a dead ringer for vodka and there's a synthetic aspect of it that's cool (temperature wise) but vodka is just not a very compelling scent. Was excited to try this sample as it's a boutique exclusive but it's not worth the price at all.

If you want a fresh gin or vodka type scent, you're better off with Malle's Angeliques Sous La Pluie - a unisex fragrance. It's chic and has a little sparkle to it. Plus it's half the price!

Day 7- Bottega Veneta

Notes-From the very start, the olfactive identity of the brand appears through the original cross-combination of plum and pink pepper, which brings brightness and depth. A strong and charismatic note of sambac jasmine (a variety of jasmine less animal and more floral), reflects in the heart the elegance of the Bottega Veneta woman. Harmonious contrast between modernity and tradition, this fragrance continues to radiate through its specific leather accord, a symbol and signature of Bottega Veneta fashion design.

I didn't even know I had a sample of this. It smells really good and strong. But I know I've smelt something like this before, I just can't place what other perfume it is. 

Day 8: Prada Candy by Prada.

I first smelled this a while back while browsing the fragrance section of Sephora.  I instantly recoiled because it was so sweet!  Too sweet.  I put it in my mental 'nope' folder for perfumes and went about my business.

Fast forward to today.  I ended up with a sample vial of this as a substitution.  I had planned on trying to pawn it off onto someone else, but I decided that I would try it out on my skin for the sake of this challenge.

My first impression was, 'yup, still sweet', but it wasn't as overwhelmingly, headache-inducingly sweet as I remembered it being.  Then I was like, 'actually this smells pretty good' and spent the next half hour sniffing myself as I went about my morning.

Caramel is the first thing I picked out.  Almost instantly.  There's an underlying powdery-vanilla that becomes more prominent upon drydown that isn't nearly as sweet.  I feel like this is a nice, uncomplicated gourmand that would be great for a fun daytime date or activity.  

I don't know that I'd wear it in warmer weather, but it makes a nice cool/cold weather fragrance.  With the caramel, I'm leaning towards fall.

For me, I don't know that I'd buy a full bottle of it.  The top notes are just a little too sweet for me to wear most of the time, but I'll finish the sample and add it to my list of 'rollerball' wants.

Day 8: Gucci Bamboo!

i LOVE this!! i might need to purchase. it's one of those scents that makes you want to keep smelling yourself.  The lily is the leading note, but I also smells the sandalwood, but neither note is too strong. So glad i finally tried this!

Day 7 Viktor and Rolf BonBon 

To me, it's a more grown up Prada candy, I'll use my sample vials but wouldn't buy a whole bottle. The hair mist I would love though... 

Day 7: I am struggling with extreme laziness, so I played it safe with with one of my favorites rather than reaching into my sample stash, lol. 😆

Chanel N. 5 Eau Premiere

Day 7 Commodity Moss

Day 7: Fresh snow and a frozen nose.

Not a perfume. Since we've gotten some more I went out to take some pictures and was too bundled up to even smell anything I'd put on. 

Day 7: Blood Orange Chocolat by Note Fragrances

Scent Trunk again. This doesn't so much smell like chocolate as it does chocolate scent. Like the smell of a brown scented marker or a chocolate scented toy. The blood orange is nonexistant on me. 

I'm pretty impressed with the longevity though, especially for a gourmand. No wonder I've been craving brownies all bloody day!

Previous Days:

Spoiler
Day 6: Derek Lam Crosby Blackout
Day 5: Lady Vengeance by Juliette Has a Gun 
Day 4: Fleur d'Aspiration by La Fleur by Livvy 
Day 3: Fat Electrican by Etat Libre d'Orange 
Day 2: Coconut Milk by Sarah Horowitz 
Day 1: Atelier Vanilla Incensee and Orange Sanguine

Day 7: Chanel Allure Eau de Parfum

"Sparkling notes of Mandarin combine with the softness of May Rose and the sensuality of Vanilla.

Difficult to define, impossible to resist. Clean and sheer, warm and sexy, ALLURE is a floral, fresh Oriental fragrance."

I love this one! One of my favorites. I am going through my sample stash for this challenge, but today I am making an exception...

So feminine, and... comforting? Definitely elegant. It really makes me feel so good.

Day 6: Chloe Eau de Parfum

Fragrance Family:
Floral

Scent Type:
Powdery Florals

Key Notes:
Peony, Rose, Honey, Cedarwood.

Eh. I don't care for this one. Plain and simple. Not sure what about it exactly is offending my nose, but I can't stand it on me.

Day 7: Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb. At first, it smelled like incense on me, and then it eventually sweetened up. Viktor and Rolf's perfumes always make me think of their um, creative responses to our questions. http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-Show-Tell/In-Focus-Viktor-amp-Rolf/ba-p/2588787

Notes:
Sambac Jasmine, Centifolia Rose, Cattleya Orchid, Ballerina Freesia, Patchouli.

Day Seven: Nasomatto's Pardon

A strong and sweet oud. Nasomatto doesn't release its notes but this is definitely an oud that I would describe as smoky and dry. The scent feels very dense and shifts a lot between notes - I can pick out creamy sandalwood contrasting with a bitter powdery spice. Overall, I'm rather disappointed as I really like other fragrances from this house. Pardon is just too sweet for me.

Day 6- MMM Beach Walk, I feel like a lot of us used this today, we must be lusting for summer. I love this fragrance, I like to use it as a winter longing for summer fragrance and when I use it in summer makes me feel like a beach goddess mermaid haha! 

Also, I have organized the rest of my collection for this challenge and written it in my paper journal so I don't keep having to check my old posts to remember my absolute favourites. Wild Friday night in! 

Day 6: Ralph Lauren Tender Romance

Day 6 : Tom Ford Black Orchid. A beautiful fragrance with notes of black truffle, black orchid, black plum, noir gourmand accord, patchouli. It is really strong, so one spritz is all I need.

Day 6 Stella 

Day 6:

Delices de Cartier- oriental and spicy on me, it has grat lasting power. Hard to find though- I lucked out last time I got a bottle because I found it in Winners- haven't seen it since!

Verdict: Would and have, purchased a full size.

day 6:

Elizabeth & james nirvana: black

Notes:
Violet, Sandalwood, Vanilla.

Day 6 (2) - Byredo Black Saffron.  I love this one.  It doesn't last potently for long but I can still smell if on me.  

Actual description - Top notes: chinese grapefruit, juniper berries and saffron; middle notes: black violet and leather; base notes: cashmeran, vetiver and raspberry.

Horribly wrong description - It smells yummy. I get the grapefruit but most notes are lost on me.

Day 6- Ralph Lauren Romance

Notes- Sungoddess Rose, Marigold, Ginger, Chamomile Oil, Yellow Freesia, White Violet, Lotus Flower, Day Lily, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk.

Not a fan of this one. 

http://www.sephora.com/romance-P6463?skuId=397166&icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue6463

Day 6:  Moschino – Moschino Fresh Couture

Notes:  Bergamot, Mandarin, Ylang Ylang, Raspberry, White Peony, Osmanthus, Cedarwood, White Patchouli, Ambrox

My new washer and dryer are being delivered today, so I thought this would be a nice take-the-day-off-work fragrance!

Spoiler

Day 5:  Chanel - No. 5 L'eau

Day 4:  Elizabeth & James - Nirvana Bourbon

Day 3:  YSL - Black Opium

Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

1,787 Replies