Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

@Madeline7 That doesn't sound right at all! Blackberry Bay is one of my favorite scents from any maker. It's got a very soft fruity sweetness, but the spicy/herbal notes tone that sweetness down to keep it from being too cloying or too heavy or too juvenile.

As a counterpoint to @LCResz, Blackberry Bay was my very first JM experience, and I'm glad I found it first. I have since gotten samples of Peony Blush & Suede (gag, too floral) and Wood Sage & Sea Salt (ok, but it doesn't speak to me like BB). I'd love to try some others, but it'll have to be as I get my hands on more samples since I'm so picky about scents. 

So I went in to a Jo Malone boutique and smelled the Blackberry there...still nothing!  I've heard about people who can't smell apples, maybe I have that for blackberries! lol

Highlighted

This is me with Armani Si. I can't smell anything at all nada

My husband thinks this one smells like plastic while I truly am in love with it Smiley Very Happy Such a polarizing scent.

YEEEEESSSS!!!!!!!  Too many vials!   Bring on the challenge!!!  

Omg, someone else who appears to have as many Chloe vials as I do! I started going through my stash earlier and counted at least five Chloe vials.

I don't know why I keep them when I have the full sized which I rarely use.  

I will say they all look super pretty next to each other @heartsmyface

Much nicer than a drawer full of vials on cardsSmiley Happy.  The muji drawer is at full capacity so this challenge comes at a good time.  I can pass on whatever doesn't please me. 

@heartsmyfaceHave you tried Si at all? It is in a similar class to Flowerbomb but with the cassis giving an interesting twist (granted no rose but still juicy floral).

Not yet.  It sounds like it could be a winner though.  

Now this I can do and actually stick to! I have so many to try. I keep all my samples in this antique glass container. It's kind of like a candy 🍭 dish, I'm excited! 

Started at midnight, I rang in the new year with YSL Black Opium 😊

I love your sample storage! What a fantastic idea! I've just had all my vials sitting in a Rubbermaid container, but now I'm inspired to transfer them to something pretty. 

Black Opium is one of only 3 full-size perfumes I own; that's how much I love it.

Thank you @Beadshopgirl! I wish the picture was upright lol. Yes definitely put them in something pretty, it makes you want to reach for them more often! 

The picture is appearing upright on my iPad. I dusted off a cut crystal candy bowl, and now my samples are looking posh. 

Black Opium is one of my faves. I have it in a travel spray, but I also hoard sample vials so I can take it with me on trips and stuff. 

This is way classier than the old pimiento jar I store mine in! What a cool container.

Gorgeous storage!  I have my samples in an empty spaghetti sauce container - this is so much prettier!  

I hope you all don't mind if I try to join in. I have so many samples of things that I really need to crack into, and I'm hoping this will serve as motivation.

Day 3: Parfumerie Generale - Felanilla (my take: smoky vanilla meets nouveau grandma... I'm digging it!)

Day 2: Elizabeth and James - Nirvana Bourbon (this is barely there on me-- a whisper-- but there's a muted spiceness that lingers that I actually like)

Day 1: Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Grand Soir (opening is sensational, but then it turns into a standard blue bottle cologne on me)

Welcome to the fragrance challenge, @greenporchlights!

Thanks, @txcatx! Glad to be here. Smiley Happy

GPL I'VE MISSED YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxox

I was initially disappointed in Nirvana Bourbon because it was so faint on me. I wanted the spiceness to be stronger, like I imagined it should be for some reason. i think I'll give it another try though.

@JennVA Nirvana Bourbon was quite faint on me as well.  It was soft at first and then completely disappeared.  I don't think it works with my skin chemistry.

I need to give nirvana bourbon another go tomorrow, thanks for mentioning that one! I tried it once and didn't like it but I feel one spray is never enough to really gauge a perfume