Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Haha! I want to buy this one really bad.... I can't get over how good it smells! Smiley Happy

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Sucre

Key notes: mandarin, jasmine flower, whipped cream

I rarely purchase perfume without sampling it first, but I got this one solely because of the bottle design, and being limited edition lol. My risk payed off, because it smells amazing! If you like Pinrose Secret Genius and Viktor & Rolf Bonbon, this one is similar.

@angel7594 I was curious and thought because of the design/ advertising it would be way too sweet and teen-like. But I really love BonBon so I'll give this a chance too.

I bought the Pinrose rollerball wardrobe, and I was so hoping I would love it. Unfortunately every last one of these fragrances give me a headache. Smiley Sad  It's weird, because I can tell some of them smell quite nice, but they hurt, so they're going back.  Definitely A+ on the presentation though; most adorable mini rollerball packaging ever!

That's a bummer. Their fragrances are lovely.

I am wearing my Jo Malone Nectarine Blossom and Honey sample today.

Oh this is beautiful. I added it to my list. 

I have and love that one! 

Wearing Oscar de la Renta "Something Blue" today.  Unexpectedly love it, its super fresh and crisp.  I also love how pretty and simple the bottle is Smiley Happy

This fragrance sounds lovely, and perfect for Spring! I will have to sample this one, too! Smiley Happy

Commes des Garcons Amazingreen.

Notes:
Palm Tree Leaves, Green Pepper, Dew Mist, Jungle Leaves, Ivy Leaves, Orris Roots, Coriander Seeds, Silex, Gunpowder Accord, Vetiver, Smoke, White Musk.

I really like this one. A fresh pure green scent. I can't detect the gunpowder or smoke. 

Gunpowder and smoke? Interesting. 

Etat Libre d'Orange's Remarkable People vs. Byredo's Bal d'Afrique

Two remarkably similar takes on Josephine Baker. They don't share many notes - only citrus and jasmine - but they both have a bright, citrusy opening, followed by a tropical sweetness paired with wood. BA is more juicy while RP is more powdery/fizzy. I actually think BA is a fair consideration for a dupe given its much lower cost.

Oh, these sound wonderful. Must get to the Byredo counter soon...

Y'ALL.

It's been a minute hasn't it. Jumping right back in! Today I am wearing Commodity Mimosa - one of my favorites! It's just the right blend of citrusy and musky. So yummy. 

You know my thoughts on this one! 😍

Highlighted

Dior J'adore. It might be my all time favorite. 

@alexasteph I just tried this for the first time a few days ago. I really like it! For some reason I had an impression that it wouldn't be as good, but I put it on and wow! I feel like it doesn't last as long on me as Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet, but lasts long enough for me. Smiley Happy 

XOXO,
Marieke

Maison Margiela Replica Dancing On the Moon. First of all, I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket because my last Sephora order came with every sample I requested, including this one. But, I think I'll just say that Lazy Sunday Morning remains the only MMM fragrance I've tried (and I've tried at least six of them) that I like. This one is overpowering floral in the worst way possible.

Notes:
Aldehyde, Moonflower, Sambac jasmine, Frangipani Tree, Iris, Cashmeran, Accord of Ambergris, Musk.

@txcatxThanks for your review! : ) You reminded me that I had been meaning to try Funfair Evening, another MM frag. I didn't know about dancing on the moon but I can see how it might be overpowering - i sometimes find white floral scents very overpowering as well.

Wanted to make sure my Commodity lovers didn't miss this new set while the 3x points on fragrance is going on: http://www.sephora.com/best-dressed-travel-spray-kit-P419126?skuId=1918358&icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue4191...

Also, I finally got around to trying Atelier in Orange Sanguine. I don't know why I had a negative prejudice against this in my mind for the longest time but now that I have actually tried it I have to say it's not bad! Not my favorite scent in the world but it's not as overpoweringly citrus as I thought it was going to be. I looked up the notes and while it doesn't have vanilla in there I thought I smelled a bit of it. I got the spray deluxe sample in a Sephora Favorites kit and I will definitely use it Smiley Happy

@Mcakes I really love this one! It smells just like a juicy orange and it reminds me of a hot summer night at sunset! I have a couple of DS sprays from different kits, it's probably one of my favorite citrus fragrances. 

Today I wore Etat Libre d'Orange Jasmin Et Cigarette.

Notes:  Jasmine absolute, tobacco notes, apricot, tonka bean, curcuma, cedarwood, amber, musk

Wow!  This one smells great!  When I first put it on, I was hit in the face by Eau d'Bowling Alley.  After it dried down, it left behind a lovely scent of warm jasmine with a hint of smoky vanilla.  I could inhale this scent all day!

@Titian06 Lol, Eau d'Bowling Alley! But this scent does sound nice. I have yet to get my hands on anything from Etat Libre d'Orange, but I'm reminded of that every time someone posts about their scents on this thread.

I received my Ebates gift card so I picked up:

Comptoir Sud PacifiqueCoco Figue

I honestly can't say why it is in my wishlist. But it was one of the cheaper ones I want so I got the travel size, yes I picked up the last one Smiley Very Happy Anyways looking at the notes: Fig Fruit and Leaves, Vanilla, Coconut, Almond, Vanilla. I figured my chances of the coconut being strong were slim...I was wrong, I hate hate hate coconut and it is naturally the strongest scent. It lasts quite a long time. Over 6 hours right now, at least I can still smell it on my jacket. 

@SamtianI hear ya I was very disappointed with this fragrance - I have learned that I need to avoid anything that lists any kind, way, shape or form of coconut though it's weird because i love the smell of coconut milk or cream... Anyhoo, this one is nauseating to me but their Comptoir Sud Pacifique Vanille Extreme is one of my top 5 fragrances - I wear it a few times a week alone or layered over other fragrances.  I just tried a little sun saint (Pinrose) and oddly enough I don't mind the coconut here nearly as much as in other fragrances but I still wouldn't want to wear it often.

1 Reply