Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Lol at that GIF! @Samtian

@Beadshopgirl That's about how I feel about the scent lol. Looking at the notes I have no idea why it was even in my wishlist. But it had been there since I started Sephora pretty much. 

@Samtian - This .gif is awesome!

Tried Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb yesterday to see what is all the rave about... Ay...

@lyravega Haha! Oh no!

You know, I used to hate it as well. I had a sample of it maybe a couple of years ago and was like HARD PASS, and that aversion stuck until about 4 or 5 months ago when a rollerball was in TSB. I was able to detect a bit off the ball and it was totally different than I remember. Now, it's one of my favorites! My tastes must have just changed over the years. 

lol @lyravega That bad? I love this scent. Which is weird because I usually HATE sweet scents and go for more masculine/musky ones like Narcisso Rodriguez, Modern Muse Chic, or La Panthere.

@lyravega yup i concur with this *SCENTIMENT* hahahahaha sorry sorry sorry... But yeah, it's been a while since I smelled it but that perfume has me seriously confused because with a name like "flower bomb" I imagined it would be an explosion of beautiful sparkling florals... Really it's a patchouli overload with musk, powder, some sweetness and a little bit of synthetic floral... I don't know I might be biased I'm a fleur-chouli hater.

Bvlgari-Omnia Paraiba

Notes:
Bigarade Orange, Passion Fruit, Passion Flower, Brazilian Gardenia, Cocoa Beans, Vetiver Essence.

I think someone has posted this one before. I enjoy this one. 

My order I placed from the perfumed court has shipped. I will finally be able to smell some Diptyque!!

Is this the blue one? If it is, I may have posted about it. I liked it, but it wasn't very long lasting on me. The notes are really nice though. 

Yep! That's the one. 

@Samtian - This one sounds nice!  An interesting mix of scents.

I've lost count. I think this is perfume no. 42? 43? Maison Margiela Replica By the Fireplace. As promised, I smell like burnt marshmallows roasting in a bonfire on a chilly autumn night. This is reminding me of this utterly bizarre experience years ago when I went to a local band's album release party where I sat by a bonfire by the river drinking Lone Star beer with a bunch of people inexplicably dressed like gnomes. 

I'd copy and paste the notes, but Sephora's website isn't exactly working too well...

"I smell like burnt marshmallows roasting in a bonfire on a chilly autumn night." Haha, yep! That's exactly it! You nailed it, @txcatx ! Smiley Very Happy

Image result for gnomes

What an interesting experience. 

@txcatx - Now I really want to try Fireplace!  Smelling like burnt marshmallows would definitely be a unique scent  Smiley Very Happy

Oooh neat! : ) I have a bunch of little vials, samples, fragsplits, older stuff I forgot about - all sitting around - when I haven't liked a full bottle I try and trade for a bunch of little things to try.  This was how I came to find myself, amongst other things, in possession of a bunch of ZOMG smells perfume oils.  Today I am wearing "Baby Unicorn Birthday Party" it really is baby-soft, frilly and innocent fragrance, it kind of smells like a few generic flowers, a few pink roses wrapped in vanilla cake frosting.  I probably smell like a kid's scratch and sniff sticker but I'm actually feeling it! : ) It's a fun sweet smell and it's making me smile!

Baby Unicorn Birthday Party? What a fabulous name!

@Titian06 @txcatx  Hahaha part of what made me want this was also the name! : ) ZOMG smells seems to pride itself on giving the fragrances weird and interesting names - in fact they have a "squee" set (a sample set of 10 vials) that is devoted to their most weirdly named perfumes and the set is called "You're Wearing What?" It includes names like "Wrestling Tigers While Calling Your Mum Long Distance", "Swift-Tuttle's Shiny Butt" and "Kuiper Belts Objects Unite in Vengeance".  I quite like like their concept though - they make strange and interesting little smells - not all are the scents are what I would call wearable but I'm always surprised and entertained by what they come up with hahaha.  Oh - my personal favourite was the new April 2017 spring perfume they launched called "Dr. Zomg's Extremely Reliable Callipygian Embiggener" - I found out that "Callipygian" means "having nicely formed buttocks" so I guess that perfume is a bit of joke about all the booty enhancing products out there that (probably) don't work.  Also... "embiggener" hahaha.  I think I might have to order that one just for the name too!

There are a lot of people on BT who would love to have Baby Unicorn Birthday Party just for the name!

Today I tried out Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin. I am pleasantly surprised. While most of the Atelier lineup involves an abundance of citrus scents, this one seems to balance the citrus out with other scents extremely well. 

My first impression was a strong wood scent with a faint floral in the background. After an hour or so, it seemed to change on my skin into something of a sweeter softer floral that was followed by an extremely vague vanilla, but neither the floral nor the vanilla were the stand out scents.

By the middle of the day, the only scent remaining was a faint musk. As I went to reapply, I opened the vial and found that a previously undetectable limey citrus hit me strongly. That faded into that same sweet nurturing scent after a while, and then at the end of the day all that remains is a very slight smell of wood (like cedar chips left in the back of a closet for too many years).

I ended up opening the vial numerous times after mid-day because I was confused as to what this fragrance was. My conclusion is that it's sort of mercurial: it balances out the different scents so well that one moment it is one fragrance and the next it is another.

This one is at the top of my wish list right now. It's a really amazing fragrance.

Oh, I definitely need to try this one! And also just the Atelier sample set like I've been meaning to since this challenge started...

If you do, we can compare notes Smiley Happy

This one was on my wishlist, but I received a sample of it and didn't like it.

Highlighted

Maybe I need to take a break from trying out different fragrances. I just opened Mimosa Indigo and I can't smell anything at all. Is it possible to break your sense of scent from trying out too many perfumes? 

(It could also just be my springtime allergies kicking in.)

Haha, I have the same problem with allergies.

I'm assuming that scent is referring to mimosa the flower and not the brunch cocktail? I do love Commodity Mimosa, which smells like the cocktail. 

3 Replies