Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Tried Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb yesterday to see what is all the rave about... Ay...

upload_7797708969470706633.gif

@lyravega yup i concur with this *SCENTIMENT* hahahahaha sorry sorry sorry... But yeah, it's been a while since I smelled it but that perfume has me seriously confused because with a name like "flower bomb" I imagined it would be an explosion of beautiful sparkling florals... Really it's a patchouli overload with musk, powder, some sweetness and a little bit of synthetic floral... I don't know I might be biased I'm a fleur-chouli hater.

lol @lyravega That bad? I love this scent. Which is weird because I usually HATE sweet scents and go for more masculine/musky ones like Narcisso Rodriguez, Modern Muse Chic, or La Panthere.

@lyravega Haha! Oh no!

You know, I used to hate it as well. I had a sample of it maybe a couple of years ago and was like HARD PASS, and that aversion stuck until about 4 or 5 months ago when a rollerball was in TSB. I was able to detect a bit off the ball and it was totally different than I remember. Now, it's one of my favorites! My tastes must have just changed over the years. 

Eau de Italie- Jardin Du Poete

Notes-

Green orange, sweet orange, bitter orange, grapefruit, blackcurrant, petitgrain, buchu leaf, basil, angelica, cardamom, pink bay, cyclamen, lily of the valley, rose, moss, immortelle, cypress, hay, musk.

I like the smell of this. I'd consider buying it. I layered it with Lady Gaga's Fame. Notes-The fragrance is built on three main accords: dark accord, sensual accord and light accord. The dark accord includes poisonous flower Belladonna and incense, which evolve into the sensual and opulent wave of honey drops, saffron and apricot. A floral veil of Sambac jasmine and tiger orchid embody light and beauty.

It was a good combo.

@Samtian Thanks for continuing to post the last couple of days! I've been sick so I have nothing to post on, but I recieved some new fragrences in orders and from the RAK Exchange so I have some things to try!

@alexasteph No problem! I can't wait to see what you got!

Yes, thanks, @Samtian!

I'm so in love with Byredo Inflorescence and Commodity Mimosa that I haven't been trying any other perfumes right now. 

@txcatx (That's because Mimosa is the GOAT)

My Burberry. 

Notes:
Sweet Pea, Bergamot, Geranium, Golden Quince, Freesia, Patchouli, Rain-Tipped Damask and Centifolia Roses.

I love the sound of the notes, but they didn't work on me.

I tried Clean Blonde Rose this morning and it was AWFUL. The first spritz was nice, then I got that cigarette smoke smell some of the reviews described. I put on Atelier Orange Sanguine to over it up, and cover it up it did. My day was much more pleasant because of it. 

Commes des Garcons Amazingreen.

Notes:
Palm Tree Leaves, Green Pepper, Dew Mist, Jungle Leaves, Ivy Leaves, Orris Roots, Coriander Seeds, Silex, Gunpowder Accord, Vetiver, Smoke, White Musk.

I really like this one. A fresh pure green scent. I can't detect the gunpowder or smoke. 

Gunpowder and smoke? Interesting. 

Wearing Oscar de la Renta "Something Blue" today.  Unexpectedly love it, its super fresh and crisp.  I also love how pretty and simple the bottle is 🙂

This fragrance sounds lovely, and perfect for Spring! I will have to sample this one, too! 🙂

Pinrose Merry Maker.

It won't stop raining and the Tuesday after a Monday off is worse than any Monday, so I needed something fun and bright to get me going. The description does say "Best worn when you need and extra skip in your step," and that's me today. Merry Maker reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, but I like it better. 

This sounds really nice. Added to the list of perfume to sample! 🙂

Do try it! Merry Maker is lovely.

Today I tried Viktor & Rolf Bonbon. Not for me. I wanted to love it. It is sweet, but on me I detect a clinical smell. I can't stand that at all. Fun note: Guaiac wood has been used by the Native Americans since the 16th century to treat things like herpes and syphilis. 

Currently wearing Commodity Whiskey and Wool...I smell masculine but in a warm way if that makes any sense. I love this Commodity set! The individuals are all so nice and I really like creating my own blends. I'm going to be having fun with this one for a while! 😀😀

#The Perfume Challenge Made Me Do It 

IMG_0268.JPG

3 Replies
testing