Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Is this the blue one? If it is, I may have posted about it. I liked it, but it wasn't very long lasting on me. The notes are really nice though. 

Yep! That's the one. 

Tried Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb yesterday to see what is all the rave about... Ay...

upload_7797708969470706633.gif

@lyravega yup i concur with this *SCENTIMENT* hahahahaha sorry sorry sorry... But yeah, it's been a while since I smelled it but that perfume has me seriously confused because with a name like "flower bomb" I imagined it would be an explosion of beautiful sparkling florals... Really it's a patchouli overload with musk, powder, some sweetness and a little bit of synthetic floral... I don't know I might be biased I'm a fleur-chouli hater.

lol @lyravega That bad? I love this scent. Which is weird because I usually HATE sweet scents and go for more masculine/musky ones like Narcisso Rodriguez, Modern Muse Chic, or La Panthere.

@lyravega Haha! Oh no!

You know, I used to hate it as well. I had a sample of it maybe a couple of years ago and was like HARD PASS, and that aversion stuck until about 4 or 5 months ago when a rollerball was in TSB. I was able to detect a bit off the ball and it was totally different than I remember. Now, it's one of my favorites! My tastes must have just changed over the years. 

Commes des Garcon Wonderwood

Notes:
Madagascan Pepper, Bergamot, Somalian Incense, Nutmeg, Cristalon, Cashmeran, Gaïacwood, Cedarwood, Carvi Graines, Javanol, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Agarwood.

Image result for nope nope nope gif

@Samtian - This .gif is awesome!

Lol at that GIF! @Samtian

@Beadshopgirl That's about how I feel about the scent lol. Looking at the notes I have no idea why it was even in my wishlist. But it had been there since I started Sephora pretty much. 

Has anyone tried Harvey Prince fragrances?  I noticed this brand while scrolling through Birchbox.  There are several that sound interesting, but I don't like to buy blindly.

Yes! I have a sample of Harvey Prince Sincerely, I love it. 

Thank you.  Do they have good sillage?

It did ok, most perfume's don't last long on me anyways. 

For anyone interested in purchasing a Serge Lutens fragrance - ebates is at 14% for Barneys (hello bell jars - *ahem* @AMHWKI) as well as Saks!

oh man that is tempting!

@AMHWKI I forgot to mention - Rahat loukoum is available from SL direct in a vaporisateur size, which is $190

Thank you! 

Wow are we all stop? Noooo! I hope @txcatx would keep this thread alive. I am no where done with the sample vial I'm collecting. Anyway late check in for the last couple days (and hope y'all won't mind I ran over Feb as well)

Jan 31: D&G 3 L'Imperatrice EDT: love love this scent. I wish it lasts longer though 
Feb 1: Jo Malone Red Roses: another favorite. I got many compliments wearing it.
Feb 2: Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey EDT sample vial: don't know why I overlooked it. It is such a lovely scents

Spoiler
Jan 1: Acqua Di Parma Rose Noble EDP sample vial.
Jan 2: Chanel Coco Mademoiselle EDP.
Jan 3: Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme EDP sample vial.
Jan 4: Armani Prive Rose Alexander EDT sample vial.
Jan 5: Hanae Mori Hanae EDP.
Jan 6: Dolce & Garbana Light Blue EDT
Jan 7: Tom Ford Shanghai Lily EDP deluxe sample.
Jan 8: Tom Ford Orchid Soleil deluxe sample.
Jan 9: Atelier Cologne Mandarine Glaciale sample vial.
Jan 10: Aerin Ikat Jasmine EDP sample vial.
Jan 11: Atelier Cologne Pomelo Paradis mini.
Jan 12: Hermes Le Jardin De Monsieur Li EDT sample vial.
Jan 13: Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance EDP sample vial.
Jan 14: Marc Jacob Daisy Dream EDT sample vial.
Jan 15: Jo Malone Nectarines and Honey Blossom.
Jan 16: YSL Black Opium EDP sample vial
Jan 17: Versace Eros Pour Femme EDT.
Jan 18: Tom Ford Cafe Rose EDP deluxe sample
Jan 19: Amethyst Eclat EDP sample vial.
Jan 20: Nest Indigo EDP mini
Jan 21: Lancome La Vie Est Belle EDP
Jan 22: Nada
Jan 23: Atelier Cologne Sud Magnolia
Jan 24: Jour d' Hermes EDP
Jan 25: Gucci Guilty EDT sample vial
Jan 26: Tom Ford Fleur de Portofino EDP deluxe sample.
Jan 27: Atelier Cologne Jasmin Angelique mini.
Jan 28: Tom Ford Jasmine Rouge
Jan 29: Lancome Hypnose EDP
Jan 30: Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfume EDT
Jan 31: D&G 3 L'Imperatrice EDT
Feb 1: Jo Malone Red Roses
Feb 2: Issey Miyake L'eau D'issey EDT sample vial

Anyone is welcome to continue the challenge, @blackkitty2014! I'm taking a few days off to enjoy my favorites, and then when I get my next orders from Sephora with new samples, I'll start posting again. 

Maybe change the name of the thread to "Perfume Sample Challenge" or something of the sort. There is a fragrance thread already though... Hm. But, if you get a sample, post it, wear it, and review it? 

3 Replies