Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

@Samtian - That's great to know!  This one is a 10 piece sampler called Histoires de Parfums Discovery Set.  It appears to have one of each in it.

Thats the one I probably bought.

Day 27: Flowerbomb. I like it, but I already own a full size of Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire, and this has very similar notes. 

This is morning for work I layered Tainted Love and Roses De Chloé together, and it was delicious!

Mmmmmm....that combo sounds like it would smell heavenly! 

bag.JPG

Flowerbomb is one of my fave scents @Beadshopgirl

Have you tried the Guerlain? I prefer it, because it has less patchouli. I'm getting way too much patchouli in the drydown from flowerbomb, and it's making me a little nauseated. 

I haven't yet!  I'll have to go on the hunt for it this weekend 😉 Thanks for the tip!

It's yummy. It kind of smells like Amaretto. 

Oh goodness! 💕 'Nuff said...adding this gem to the list!!

I am falling in love with Mugler Angel Muse! Smiley Surprised I hate original Angel. LOVE Alien. Hated this one at first sniff. But, something about it made me to try it again. And, again. And it grew on me. Now I am totally under its spell!

Fragrance notes: Grapefruit, Pink Peppercorn, Hazelnut Cream, Vetiver, Patchouli.

Tantalizing. Delicious. Supremely feminine.

Oh! I love the bottle, as well! So pretty!

upload_3543570661290426723.jpg

( Not my photo! )

How different is this from Alien? I hate Alien on me, it's awful. But the notes in this one sound nice, and would be willing to give it a chance if it's unique enough, and doesn't make me want to gag when I put it on...  

@alexasteph totally different from Alien. It's closer to Angel (but still different)

I can really pick up on the Hazelnut and Vetiver in Muse. I like it; like a woodsy, nutty gourmand.

@lachaton Cool, I will try it next time I'm in store, if they have it! 

@alexasteph What @lachaton said. It is indeed very different from Alien. I'm not picking up on any Angel in it ( thank gods! ), but it is possible, of course. It is Angel Muse after all. Smiley Wink

I don't have anything like it in my collection, and I don't usually go for something like this.... So, to me it is quite unique. I do think it's an acquired taste, though ( like all Mugler fragrances, if you ask me. You either hate them, or love them. )

Just a heads up - it is very strong at first, when you first spray it on. Don't go into it right away. Give it a few. I hated it at first, when I stuck my nose right into it. Made ma gag. Smiley Very Happy But, when it settles, it is just divine! Definitely get a sample and give it a try.

The original Angel is not for me either, but I am intrigued by this one. I will request a sample. The bottle is so unique and beautiful. Smiley Happy

#The Perfume Challenge Made Me Do It 

IMG_0268.JPG

Ooh what are the three on the right and the one under the vials?

The Pinrose set that comes with 3 litttle rollerballs @Samtian such a good price, they all smell delish! And because they are shaped different than my other minis I know which ones I'm pulling out of my perfume jar, lol

Love the Commodity set! And is that that wonderful, little Pinrose set? 

Yes! The pinrose is so nice, I think Secret Genius is my favourite, imo the price is great on that set to try them. 

@Haleyhale Secret Genius is a favorite around here! 

Today I'm sampling Jo Malone Blackberry & Bay....I have to say, this is my first total Jo Malone bust!

I'm not sure if they sent me a bad sample, or what, but even right after spray I can't smell anything?  I get the tiniest hint of spice...but besides that.  No blackberry at all.  To be fair, now that I think about it, I've never noticed blackberries having a particularly strong/distinctive scent.  But this is the first time I've sprayed a perfume and wondered if its just water D:

Has anyone else experienced this?

5 Replies