Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Perfume no. 33: Commodity Tea. This one smells kind of like cleaning spray and insect repellent on me at first, but then I get mostly jasmine. It was more complex and lovely once I sprayed Commodity Mimosa on top, and now I smell like spring!

Notes:
Citrus Accord, Sicilian Lemon, Bergamot, Freesia, Muguet, Jasmine Sambac, Sandalwood, White Musk.

I just tried By the Fireplace,I love it.It really reminds me of a sitting by a campfire in the summer.I wish there was a rollerball or smaller spray available,I have so many scents on my wishlist and I am on a low buy.

http://www.sephora.com/replica-by-fireplace-P404758?keyword=by%20the%20fireplace&skuId=1788058&count...

Perfume no. 34: Commodity Gin. Okay, so I love Commodity Mimosa so much that I spray it on top of every Commodity fragrance, but I love Gin with Mimosa. It's fresh, complex, juicy but slightly bitter like an unripe orange. 

Gin Notes:
Bergamot, Watery Nuances, Eucalyptus, Jasmine, Blonde Woods, Leather, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Musk.

Mimosa Notes:
Blood Orange, Mandarin, Grapefruit, Black Pepper, Sheer Jasmine, Geranium, Tonka Bean, Heliotrope, Ylang Ylang. 

Bulgari Omnia Paraiba

Notes: bigarade orange, passion fruit, passion flower, brazilian gardenia, cocoa beans, vetiver essence

Unfortunately, this one does not work for me. It smelled really strange on my skin, like sour fruit. The staying power was weak however, so it washed off easily. 

Feb 10:  Gucci:  Guilty Pour Homme

Notes:  Lavender, Lemon, Orange Blossom, Cedarwood, Patchouli

This one smelled very nice.

At lunch, I went to Ulta with a friend.  While there, I tried on:

Giorgio Armani:  Sun di Gioia

Notes:  Bergamot, Freesia, Marine Accord, Sambac Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Frangipani, Coconut Milk, Ambrox, Iris

This one had a stronger scent and lasted all afternoon.  It smelled nice, except I kept getting a whiff of something rank.  Looking at the notes, I can see immediately what that is--the ambrox.

Perfume no. 36: Juliette Has A Gun MMMM. Nope. Not a fan. It smells sweet and spicy, but something smells off and maybe...rotten? I can't figure it out. 

Notes:
Vanilla, Neroli, Sandalwood, Jasmine Sambac.

Feb 11:  Tom Ford - Black Orchid

Notes:  Black Truffle, Black Orchid, Black Plum, Noir Gourmand Accord, Patchouli

Eehh...nothing wrong with it; it just didn't do anything for me.

Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom

Notes: cardamom, mimosa, tonka bean

This does not work with my chemistry, but I do love the scent. I will use the rest of my samples as home fragrance. Smiley Happy

Feb 13:  Gucci--Premiere by Gucci

Notes:  Bergamot, Orange Blossom, White Flower, Musk, Leather, Wood

I couldn't really smell this one.  Either I missed my target or I need to put significantly more on.  What little bit of a whiff I did get, smelled nice.

Today I am wearing Juicy Couture I Love Juicy Couture. I picked it up this weekend at Ulta with the 5X points on fragrance. I like this one a lot! It opens very bright and sweet with apple and mandarin, then mellows out with patchouli. 

Today I am wearing Eight & Bob  The Original. The original scent from EIGHT & BOB features Andrea, a plant that Fouquet discovered in the Andes during a trip to Chile. It imparts notes of pink pepper, lemon, and sandalwood.   I like this one. 

Perfume no. 38: Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Bleue. Ugh. I really hate this one and wish I'd gone for one of the Commodity ones I haven't tried yet. This perfume smells overwhelmingly floral in an old lady in the '80s kind of way (or at least it reminds me of being a kid in the '80s and smelling overly perfumed old ladies). 

But then again, I generally don't like anything where tuberose is prominent. 

Notes:
Tuberose, Jasmine Sambac Absolute, Grapefruit, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Violet Leaves, Cassis, Peony, Amber, Cedarwood Oil.

Feb 15:  Michael Kors – Wonderlust

Notes:  Almond Milk, Dianthus, Benzoin Siam, Sandalwood from Sri Lanka

Nope Nope Nope.jpg

Trying Paco Rabanne Olympea today. I received a sample in my last order. A lot of people really like this one, so I was excited to try it. It's very sweet on me, however, and dries down to a familiar musk. I don't really get any of the floral that's described. While I like the musky dry down (I said it's "familiar" because I have other fragrances that dry down the same way), that initial sweetness was just a bit too much for me, and I was happy once it toned down. This a pass for me, almost thankfully. I don't need to fall in love with any more!

Notes: Green mandarin, ginger lily, hydroponic jasmine, salted vanilla, sandalwood, ambergris

Yesterday was my last day until I get more samples.  I'll be reading your posts to see if you find anything new and wonderful that I will need to try!  Smiley Happy

Commodity Goods Platinum Vetiver: I love Commodity fragrances, but I find they fade quickly on me, so I was hopeful with the Platinum series. Vetiver did not disappoint! It is a warm, woody scent that is also very clean. This iteration of Vetiver is truly unisex on me, and I can't wait to layer it with some more floral scents to create my own signature fragrance. Can't wait to try out more from this series.

Looks like we're getting our Commodity Platinum fragrances in! My 39th perfume since starting this challenge is Commodity Tonka, which I layered with Commodity Mimosa (because mimosas go with everything from chorizo, egg, and cheese breakfast tacos to creme brulee French toast). Anyway, this combo is like a fancy version of Atelier's orange and vanilla combo. It's as if some molecular gastronomy restaurant decided to deconstruct a dreamsicle and added foam and powdered fat and whatever else they do to add extra, sophisticated flavors and textures.

Defíneme Audry: I haven't heard anything about this brand, but I had an Ulta GC and it was my anniversary week plus 5x the points for fragrance so I thought I'd try it out. Alas, not a fan of Audry, even though the notes are right up my alley. It is both aggressive and boring at the same time. It is a very generic floral with a cheap soap base that just gets worse with time, and I get no sandalwood at all. About the only good thing I could say is that it has decent longevity (unfortunately) Smiley Tongue now I'm scared to try anything else from this line. 

Notes: peony, rose, jasmine, sandalwood

Perfume no. 40: Marc Jacobs Divine Decadence from my Play box. @Sjofna since you asked about this one, here are my thoughts.

Boy, does this one have a life cycle. I don't think I've ever smelled a perfume that went through that many transformations. At first, it smelled citrusy, fresh, bright like Commodity Tea. Then the vanilla took over, and it smelled like one of the fragrances from Juicy Couture, though I can't think of which one exactly. Viva La Juicy? The Rosé one? Not sure. After that, it started smelling like dessert, like YSL Mon Paris minus the berries (that particular perfume makes me smell like a berry tart all day). Then, an hour later, the perfume starts to fade quite a bit, and I'm left with a faint vanilla scent with a touch of citrus similar to Atelier Vanille Incensee.

Notes:
Champagne Extract, Orange Blossom, Creamy Bergamot, Gardenia, Hydrangea, Honeysuckle, Saffron, Vanilla, Liquid Amber.

I've had Comme des Garcon perfumes on my wishlist for a while. I finally got samplers of the 4 I like the sounds of. First up is Blue Encens.

Notes:
Artemisia, Frozen Spices (Indian Cardamon, Black Pepper, Cinnamon), Incense, Mineral Amber Crystals.

Definitely smells like a scent for men. It smells good. Not something I'd wear, but something I'd like to smell on a guy. Maybe. The pepper is kind of strong. 

Perfume no. 41: Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. This smells like company soap on me. You know, those little soaps that may or may not be shaped like seashells that people sometimes put out in their bathrooms when guests come over.

These are notes I would normally love, but I'm relieved I don't like this one enough to spend $150 on a bottle.

Notes:
Tunisian Neroli, Italian Bergamot, Sicilian Lemon, Winter Yellow Mandarin, Orange Flower, Lavender.