Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

@alexasteph totally different from Alien. It's closer to Angel (but still different)

I can really pick up on the Hazelnut and Vetiver in Muse. I like it; like a woodsy, nutty gourmand.

@lachaton Cool, I will try it next time I'm in store, if they have it! 

Eight & Bob Egypt

Notes- Cardamom, Nutmeg, Leather.

Image result for disgusting face gif

Oh no @Samtian! I guess this one was a scrubber. 😞

Definitely!  I can't even put into words how much I don't like this. 

Perfume no. 38: Tory Burch Jolie Fleur Bleue. Ugh. I really hate this one and wish I'd gone for one of the Commodity ones I haven't tried yet. This perfume smells overwhelmingly floral in an old lady in the '80s kind of way (or at least it reminds me of being a kid in the '80s and smelling overly perfumed old ladies). 

But then again, I generally don't like anything where tuberose is prominent. 

Notes:
Tuberose, Jasmine Sambac Absolute, Grapefruit, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Mandarin, Pink Pepper, Violet Leaves, Cassis, Peony, Amber, Cedarwood Oil.

Feb 14:  Ralph Lauren – Romance

Notes:  Sungoddess Rose, Marigold, Ginger, Chamomile Oil, Yellow Freesia, White Violet, Lotus Flower, Day Lily, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk

According to the write-up this is what falling in love is supposed to smell like...

@Titian06 I don't think I've sampled Romance, but I quite like Tender Romance. The notes do look like falling in love 😂 But since love seems to be actively avoiding me, I don't know what it smells like. 

Has anyone tried Harvey Prince fragrances?  I noticed this brand while scrolling through Birchbox.  There are several that sound interesting, but I don't like to buy blindly.

Yes! I have a sample of Harvey Prince Sincerely, I love it. 

Thank you.  Do they have good sillage?

It did ok, most perfume's don't last long on me anyways. 

Today I am wearing Eight & Bob  The Original. The original scent from EIGHT & BOB features Andrea, a plant that Fouquet discovered in the Andes during a trip to Chile. It imparts notes of pink pepper, lemon, and sandalwood.   I like this one. 

I've got Rose de Chloe on today. I have a sample vial and intend to use it up. Since it's the last day for point multipliers at Sephora and Ulta, I am seriously considering picking up a full size bottle. I think I like it more than the original Chloe, and that is one of my favorite everyday scents. It's an EDT, however, so I am going to see if I can detect it at the end of the day before making my final decision. I've been wearing it for 2 and a half hours though, and it's still going strong. Usually if a scent won't last, it would have disappeared by now. 

I find it longer lasting than the original Chloe 🙂  Its my favorite

Today I layered Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme on top of Vanille Insensée for a soft romantic scent

(hey, it is valentine's day after all)

That sounds like an amazing blend. I'm going to try it when I get home. 

Both of those scents are pretty strong, but it works well if you just spray lightly.

I love layering the atelier scents. I've gone a little crazy buying up their perfumes this past week because of the 3X points. They're so freaking nice I WANT THEM ALLLLLLL.

For anyone interested in purchasing a Serge Lutens fragrance - ebates is at 14% for Barneys (hello bell jars - *ahem* @AMHWKI) as well as Saks!

oh man that is tempting!

@AMHWKI I forgot to mention - Rahat loukoum is available from SL direct in a vaporisateur size, which is $190

1 Reply
testing