Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

@Titian06  Thank you!

Oh no! Hope everything is okay and the insurance will taking care of both you and your car. Sending lots and lots of good vibes your way!

@blackkitty2014  Thanks.  It could have been a lot worse, so I'm really grateful for small miracles.  Both my insurance and the insurance for the snowplow have been really good to me too.  

Thanks for the good vibes!  I could definitely use them! 😄

Oh dear, sending more good vibes!!

@pocketvenus  Thank you!!

I hope you are okay, so sorry that happened! 😞

Thank you, @angel7594 I'm a little worse for wear, but it could have been so much worse.  Luckily it was on airport property, and it was an airport plow, so everything is on camera.  He was totally at fault and the company is being super good to me.  

A snow plow?! Wow, I hope you're okay!

@txcatx  Thank you.  I'm far better than I would have been if he had hit me one second later.  I was in a large parking lot at the airport and he came speeding out of a aisle packed with cars and just plowed into me.  😞  

Oh no! 😱😱 I hope you are okay! 

@alexasteph  Thank you.  I'm a little banged up, but I'm so much better than I would have been if he'd hit me even a second later.  My poor car wasn't as lucky as me though.  😞

Better the car than you though! Here's to a speedy recovery and a fast return to normalcy! I've never needed to deal with something like this before, but I can imagine it's quite a headache. 

For sure, @alexasteph !  A car is just a car, it can be replaced.  It was definitely not how I wanted to start my day that day!  But I have good insurance and the company has good insurance.  It's a headache, but I'm really glad that at least I won't have to pay out a ton of money.

Day 25: Tocca - Florence. Kinda surprised by how much I liked this. It's a soft scent without too much to it but it works really well.

Day 26: Replica Tea Escape. This really did have quite an impressive tea scent upon initial application (how do they do all these scents!?) But I will say, compared to the other Replica perfumes I have tried, the interesting notes faded quickly and the whole scent was gone in hours. Definitely a disappointing one for me from a line I generally love.

Day 26: Commodity Moss

Notes:
Ozone, Petitigrain, Italian Bergamot, Elemi, Eucalyptus, Oak Moss, Orange Blossom, Cashmere Woods, Cedarwood, Amber, White Musk.

http://www.sephora.com/moss-P395004?skuId=1700038&icid2=commodity_theblackcollection_carousel:p39500...

This is the second fragrance I've tried from Commodity and I am very impressed! I also liked Gold a lot and have it on my Loves list. Moss is very much my type of scent with the right amount of musk and whimsy. Definitely recommend trying it out if you like the same type of scents I do!

Spoiler

Day 25: Maison Margiela Replica Lazy Sunday Morning

Day 24: Royale Ambree Eau de Cologne by Legrain

Day 23: Aerin Amber Musk

Day 22: Maison Margiela Replica Flower Market

Day 21: Stella McCartney POP

Day 20: Viktor and Rolf Flowerbomb

Day 19: Burberry My Burberry

Day 18: Christian Louboutin Tornade Blonde

Day 17: Carven Le Parfum (LOVE)

Day 16: Tory Burch

Day 15: Bvlgari Omnia Crystalline

Day 14: Angel by Thierry Mugler

Day 13: Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

Day 12: Atelier Cologne Collection Azur Sud Magnolia

Day 11: Marc Jacobs Daisy

Day 10: Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy Noir

Day 9: Burberry Brit Sheer

Day 8: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White

Day 7: Stella by Stella McCartney

Day 6: Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming

Day 5: Flower by Kenzo

Day 4: Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On

Day 3: Commodity Gold (LOVE)

Day 2: Moschino Fresh Couture

Day 26: Byredo Inflorescence. I cheated and wore a perfume I already used. But, I was at onboarding/training for a new job, and I wanted a perfume that I love and makes me feel confident (and wouldn't be too overpowering/offensive for other new people who had to sit next to me). But, this was THE perfume I had to buy after trying out lots of new perfumes for this challenge!

By the way, I requested three perfume samples in my last Sephora order and got all skincare products and foundation. I'm never complaining about the sample section consisting of all perfume ever again. Sephora is adamantly against sending me anything by Pinrose because I keep requesting their perfume samples, but I never receive them!

@txcatx I have sample extras of a few Pinrose fragrances; Treehouse Royal, Wild Child, Secret Genius, Tambourine Dreamer and Merry Maker. I'd be happy to send them! Let me know.

@vegchililover78 Thank you so much for the offer, but I ordered the $18 rollerball set! At this point, it's just comical how Sephora refuses to send me Pinrose samples.

@txcatx The three they include are part of my top 5 Pinrose favorites. It's a really good mix! Each scent is totally different. I also love Tambourine Dreamer, and Pinrose/Gilded Fox are fighting for that 5th spot. 

Day 26: Dolce & Gabbana Pour Femme 

Notes: Neroli, Raspberry, Green Mandarin, Jasmine, Orange Blossom, Guimauve, Vanilla, Heliotrope, Sandalwood 

This is a very potent, sweet fragrance. On my skin the raspberry and vanilla are the dominant notes. I used to wear it frequently, though I seldom do now. My tastes have changed since I bought this, so I will not repurchase.

@angel7594 Ooh, that does sound really sweet. I totally get what you mean about fragrance tastes changing since purchasing one. I have found a few in my collection since starting this challenge I used to love but no longer do. 

1 Reply
testing