Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

I love the lychee-rose scent of this one. It's so fresh and pretty <3

Day 5: I wore jI'll Stuart floral marine hand cream.  I swear no matter what jI'll Stuart scent it is it just smells rosey. I may be crazy but I am a happy crazy.  

Day 6: tom Ford velvet orchid.  This smell makes me feel mature- like I've past the test and can now hang out with the grownups.

Velvet Orchid does smell so grown up, but in a great classy way, not an old crotchety granny way

Day 7: Jo Malone Dark Amber and Ginger Lily (sample vial)

Day 6: Guerlain La Petite Robe Noire EDT (mini)

I enjoy both of these! Ginger notes are really growing on me lately, and I love the black cherry of LPRN. 

Spoiler
Day 5: E&J Nirvana Rose (rollerball)
Day 4: Derek Lam 10 Crosby Ellipsis (sample vial)
Day 3: Marc Jacobs Decadence (rollerball)
Day 2: Derek Lam 10 Crosby 2am Kiss (sample vial)
Day 1: Philosophy Fresh Cream (body spray)

Dark Amber and Ginger Lily is a favorite of mine. I find it comfy and delicious in winter Smiley Very Happy

Day 7: YSL Black Opium, dark and fruity at the same time, great for the weekend!

My daughter got this for me for xmas..best gift ever.  I get a latte smell from it..I'm not good with all the note things so I don't even know if there's a milky note to it.

Day 7: Giorgio Armani acqua di Gioa body lotion 

I love love love the scent of this stuff but the lotion is too potent for my tastes,  there's no way I could apply this all over without making everyone who comes within four meters of me tear up.  I apply it just to my legs, 😉

I'm trying to use this bottle up cause it's been around for 3 years maybe 4.  

One of my favs..I actually love all the scents in that line.  I agree that the lotion is potent, I apply on arms instead of legs.  I'm backwards as usual😀

Day 7:  Escada – Born in Paradise

Top Notes:  green apple, watermelon, guava

Middle Notes:  coconut, pineapple

Base Notes:  sandalwood, cedar, musk

I really like this scent, except there is something in it that is a little overpowering, making it a bit too sweet (but not the type of sweet that gives me a migraine), possibly the coconut(?).  Unfortunately, this fragrance is LE and I'm about out.  If anyone knows a similar scent, please let me know!

Compiled:

Spoiler

Day 6:  Moschino – Moschino Fresh Couture

Day 5:  Chanel - No. 5 L'eau

Day 4:  Elizabeth & James - Nirvana Bourbon

Day 3:  YSL - Black Opium

Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

Oh, wow! Those notes sure sound interesting! I wish I could give it a sniff. Smiley Tongue

Day 7: Pinrose Merry Maker

i've worn this before, as i had a few sample toweletes here and there, and i really like it! It starts out as a light floral (violet notes) but as it fades i can smell the nectarine and citrus. i need to check out more pinrose scents Smiley Happy

LOVE this one! All of Pinrose's scents are amazing. I picked up the mini rollerball set and it's fabulous. I think there are 10, and it's fun to layer them. My favorite combinations are Secret Genius with Pinrose and Merry Maker with Tambourine Dreamer. 

Day 7- started out with Eau So Sexy by V.S.  I've had co-workers tell me I'm to old to be wearing it..I'm 47 and most of them smell like coffins anyways.  Is that even a smell?  Got accidentally showered with Miss Dior's Blooming Bouquet...that was a bonus because I've been wanting to try it..had the SA make me up a sample and will more than likely buy it next week.  I agreed to a "no buy", only replacements or essentials but I  conveniently left perfume out of the deal😉!

Highlighted

That's so rude of your coworkers! You should wear whatever you like (barring people's allergies), and they can stuff it!  Here's a handy manual for you to keep on your desk:

Day 7 - Ann Gerard Rose Cut

Whew...this is a boozy one. I ordered a bunch of rose fragrances (Based on reviews) from a perfume site, and sad to say this isn't my kind of fragrance. DH called it "interesting". I think it's a bit too "grown-up" for me. Smiley Tongue I could see myself wearing this when I'm in my 40's (maybe) but even then it's not really my style!

Notes: Rum, roses, pink pepper, patchouli 

Edit: saw someone describe this as "old-fashioned". Completely accurate, probably why I don't feel it's appropriate for me. 

Spoiler
Day 4 - Somethin' Special Sweet Petals (LUSH Rose Jam dupe)
Day 5 - Giorgio Armani Si Intense
Day 6 - Givenchy Dahlia Divin

This reminds me--one of my college friends owns a niche perfume shop in Hong Kong, and they sell Ann Gérard. I'm going to have to ask her for perfume recommendations!

Day 8: Thierry Mugler Alien. 

Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Cashmeran Wood, Amber Gris

I love this fragrance for fall/winter, and the pretty purple bottle is one of the few I love to see on my vanity. Smiley Happy

@angel7594 i really like alien! it's not as overpowering as angel can be, but is still a really nice woody/gourmand scent!

Day 8:

Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming

Notes:
Red Berry Accord, Grasse Rose Absolute, Peony Accord, White Musk Accord.
Style:
Romantic. Sultry.

Love this, I got it as a Christmas gift Smiley Happy

I really want to try this one, it sounds right up my alley. 

Day 8: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black and White

This is a classic staple for me and I can't stop wearing them together lol. 

http://www.sephora.com/nirvana-black-P383914?skuId=1570266&icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue383914

http://www.sephora.com/nirvana-white-P383912?skuId=1570233&icid2=products%20gridSmiley Tongue383912

Spoiler

Day 7: Stella by Stella McCartney

Day 6: Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming

Day 5: Flower by Kenzo

Day 4: Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On

Day 3: Commodity Gold (LOVE)

Day 2: Moschino Fresh Couture

Day 1: YSL Black Opium

Do you wear them layered, individual or both? what is your favourite way to wear these! I have the full size of Nirvana White, it's just one of those scents I know I can always throw on and know that I'll like it. I have a rollerball of Nirvana Black too, but I haven't tried layering them yet! I love the Nirvana Black once it has really settled into my skin, and they both have such staying power! If I apply them directly on my skin, I swear I can still smell both of them even after showering!

Day 8: Acqua Di Parma Rosa Nobile

This is one I'd bathe in if I could!  My husband threw  away my beloved sample because it rolled off my dresser and was on the floor and he thought it was empty 😰...I was very close to having him dig thru the trash for it, so now he's either going to have to buy me a bottle or a boatload of samples.  My kids said they'd get it for me for ❤️'S day.