Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Fragrance Fans
|

The Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

@alexasteph Agreed!  It's really classy.

Day 6: Maison Margiela Replica Beach Walk

As soon as Alexa told me it was 4 degrees today this fragrance sounded perfect.  It definitely smells warm, sweet and sunshine-y.  I don't love it enough to go FS, but it's a good match for the day.

Previously wore:

Spoiler

Day 5 - Tokyo Milk Dark Bulletproof from the Femme Fatale Collection

Day 4: Etat Libre d' Orange Like This

Day 3: Tocca Isabel 

Day 2: Elizabeth and James Nirvana White

Day 1: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Bourbon

I'm assuming you mean Amazon Alexa 😝 I saw that and was like "Huh?" It's a weird adjustment for people actually named Alexa.

Day 6: Miss Dior Absolutely Blooming

http://www.sephora.com/miss-dior-absolutely-blooming-P410469?skuId=1855220&icid2=products%20grid:p41...

I love this scent! I can't help what I like. I love florals and I can't deny it lol. I don't care if it's basic.

Spoiler
Day 5: Flower by Kenzo
Day 4: 
Maison Margiela Replica Lipstick On
Day 3: Commodity Gold (LOVE)
Day 2: Moschino Fresh Couture
Day 1: YSL Black Opium

I LOVE this perfume!! It's one of my new faves, but it's also the only perfume I own that attracts all the flies and bees from the neighborhood.. Lol.  I mean not now since it's like the polar express outside but omg in the summertime my friends would get mad at me if we were going to be outside and I wore that perfume!!

lol I love it when you said attract all the bees. It is true with most of my perfumes unfortunately lol

Aww yeah it's snowing out here too! My cat and I are totally enjoying it 😄 

But on a serious note, thank you for warning me that it is basically an aphrodisiac for gross flying things! 

day 6:

Elizabeth & james nirvana: black

Notes:
Violet, Sandalwood, Vanilla.

Day 6 (2) - Byredo Black Saffron.  I love this one.  It doesn't last potently for long but I can still smell if on me.  

Actual description - Top notes: chinese grapefruit, juniper berries and saffron; middle notes: black violet and leather; base notes: cashmeran, vetiver and raspberry.

Horribly wrong description - It smells yummy. I get the grapefruit but most notes are lost on me.

Day 6- Ralph Lauren Romance

Notes- Sungoddess Rose, Marigold, Ginger, Chamomile Oil, Yellow Freesia, White Violet, Lotus Flower, Day Lily, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk.

Not a fan of this one. 

http://www.sephora.com/romance-P6463?skuId=397166&icid2=products%20grid:p6463

Day 6:  Moschino – Moschino Fresh Couture

Notes:  Bergamot, Mandarin, Ylang Ylang, Raspberry, White Peony, Osmanthus, Cedarwood, White Patchouli, Ambrox

My new washer and dryer are being delivered today, so I thought this would be a nice take-the-day-off-work fragrance!

Spoiler

Day 5:  Chanel - No. 5 L'eau

Day 4:  Elizabeth & James - Nirvana Bourbon

Day 3:  YSL - Black Opium

Day 2:  Pacifica - Tunisian Jasmine Lime

Day 1:  Juliette Has a Gun - Not a Perfume

Day 5: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black - this is the first sample that I tried and LOVED in this challenge. It's not terribly feminine nor is it too far on the masculine side. I think it's mysterious enough that it's unique. Loved it!

Day 6: Versace Eros. Back to the floral feminine smells. This is a nice, light perfume but it disappeared way too quickly. I've been wearing it for a couple hours and it's already nearly gone.

Side note, this challenge challenged me to come up with sampler storage ideas. Used my Smashbox light it up box + some heavy foam cut to fit the box. Not 100% perfect but will still help me SEE and reach for these so I can at least use them up and decide what I do and don't want to buy in the full size!

rps20170106_104156.jpg

I also really like Nirvana Black. It's super interesting considering it's a mainstream fragrance.

@Alicehoopz what a cute idea!! 

How creative, @Alicehoopz!

I mentioned that I'm using a basket, but it's a little inconvenient.  Your picture reminds me of an acrylic(?) NARS box (from a lipstick set I think) that might work better.  It's flat rather than tapering inward like the basket...mmm...

I love this storage idea! It looks so modern and artsy!

Thanks! I just got tired of digging through makeup bags for these samples lol. They are so easy to lose/neglect that way!

Day 6 - Givenchy Dahlia Divin

I had to look up notes again 😄 I tried guessing but I was wayyyy off!

Notes are Mirabelle, Jasmine, Patchouli. I have no idea what Mirabelle even is, soooo I'm going to  use that as an excuse.

This is my kind of plain, floral fragrance. I seem to like ones with Patchouli (V&R Flowerbomb being one of my long-time winter faves)

Spoiler
Day 4 - Somethin' Special Sweet Petals (LUSH Rose Jam dupe)
Day 5 - Giorgio Armani Si Intense

I love this one, too. So much, I am considering getting a bottle of it. So... I must really like it... right? 😛

@k617 - I was going to wear this scent today.  I had the sample in my hand, but changed my mind just as I was ready to spray!  Guess I knew someone else was going to wear it (ha, ha)  😄

Great minds think alike @Titian06! 😉

5 Replies
testing