Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Perfume Posse

31 Days of Perfume Challenge

Do you have a box full of perfume vials and/or a vanity covered in perfume bottles? Are you the Goldilocks of perfume, just looking for the perfect signature scent? Do you want an opportunity to post daily about how your perfume of the day smells oaky and smoky with hints of blackberry and currant, like a cigar in a whisky barrel rolling through a Mediterranean orchard on a breezy summer morning?

If you answered yes to any of the above, or you just want to hop on board for the ride, join us for a 31 days of perfume challenge starting January 1st! Some of us from the 25 days of lipstick challenge wanted to continue the fun and exploration, and since many of us have so many perfume samples, we thought this challenge would be perfect. If you don't have 31 perfumes or hate everything that doesn't smell like Meyer lemons and fresh goat cream, that's fine--we're just aiming to use the neglected perfumes we have laying around and incorporate them into our perfume rotations.

And if you want more perfume vials, there's no better time than now to take a peek at Sephora's samples section.

Edit: Anyone can join in at anytime! We're here to support, live vicariously through, and encourage everyone in their olfactory adventures!

Re: 31 Days of Perfume Challenge

This is one I've been wanting to try because of the neroli.

@Samtian i really love dolce too!

Day 5 - Giorgio Armani Si Intense

I suck at identifying fragrance notes so I looked on Fragrantica Smiley Very Happy Sweet cassis, rose, vanilla.

If only I could list fragrance notes as well as I can tell you what's been put in food that I've eaten! I've always wanted to try one of those Hell's Kitchen/Gordon Ramsay style blind-taste tests! (Seriously, you can't tell that this crispy, delicious, cool fruit is watermelon?)

Spoiler
Day 4 - Somethin' Special Sweet Petals (LUSH Rose Jam dupe)

I'm exactly the same way with food, @k617. It's become a bit of a parlor trick at restaurants... a friend will say, "what spice is in this?" I'll tell them, we'll (perhaps obnoxiously) ask the server to ask the kitchen, and booyah. Smiley Very Happy

Hahaha! My friends don't do that and my coworkers have just learned to accept my interpretation of what's in the food.

I need to get better with spices in curries though! I could probably get all of them by listing off the common Indian cooking spices, but.... besides coriander, cumin, cardamom and stuff also used in Western cooking (like clove, allspice, etc,) I struggle a bit!

Curries are definitely difficult. The one thing I will never fail to recognize in a curry, though, is fenugreek... because I hate it! Smiley Very Happy

I don't think I've ever used fenugreek actually! I keep mixing up with fennel seeds (which I have and I realize is completely different) and thinking that I don't need to get it at the grocery store, whenever I'm shopping for a recipe that calls for fenugreek!

Same here! I'm great at telling someone there's cardamom or passion fruit in a dish, but my nose isn't nearly as good as my taste buds!

guys i want to say, i LOVE this challenge. i really could and should participate, too. but i got a few lovely smellums for and around christmas and they're getting all my attention right now. 

if this becomes an ongoing thing (when people just start whenever they feel like it) i will likely participate a little bit down the road, with MUCH enthusiasm.

Definitely a good idea! After the month is up, I'll update the post to adjust the format of the challenge.

I would like that too @txcatx. I have tons of scents to try but like @Jemly I received some scents for Christmas that I'm just loving right now. Maybe a 'What are You Wearing Today: Perfume Edition'? (If @jemly doesn't mind)

Thanks @txcatx. Shows how much I enter the world outside the main board. 

Hey, that can be one of my goals for this year! To search more threads on BT and see what I've been missing! Smiley Happy

Yes! I was just thinking I'd like to join in with all my hoarded samples, too! Otherwise, the possibility is they are just gonna continue to sit pretty useless on my dresser...

Day 5: Versace Crystal Noir.

Notes:
Gardenia, Amber.
Style:
Magical. Sheer. Sensual.

I don't know about sheer and sensual... Magical for sure.

It is quite spicy to my sniff. And, I love it! I could imagine it's not everybody's cup of tea, though... But, I'm really enjoying this one. It gets better with wear, if that's possible? Probably because it is so strong, so when you first spray it, it's like, oh heck no! So very strong and overpowering. But, then when you give it a few, it turns into this fantastic scent I just can't get enough of!

Oh, and the staying power force is very strong with this one, too. Smiley Wink

One of my faves! Smiley Happy Love it!

When I worked at a fragrance counter years ago, this one was such a big seller. It's sexy. I was always jealous of people who could wear it, because it just never meshed with my chemistry.

Also, love your screenname, @Magrathea! Smiley Happy

You know what? It is sexy! Very sexy! You are so right. I just couldn't find the word at the moment. Smiley Very Happy

Edit: @greenporchlights  Thanks! Smiley Wink

This one sounds really nice!

The spiciness is piquing my curiosity, thats definitely not what came to mind when I read Gardenia and Amber! Do you find the spice settles down over time? I absolutely love Gardenia and am looking for some fragrances with it to try!

Day 5: Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black - this is the first sample that I tried and LOVED in this challenge. It's not terribly feminine nor is it too far on the masculine side. I think it's mysterious enough that it's unique. Loved it!

Day 6: Versace Eros. Back to the floral feminine smells. This is a nice, light perfume but it disappeared way too quickly. I've been wearing it for a couple hours and it's already nearly gone.

Side note, this challenge challenged me to come up with sampler storage ideas. Used my Smashbox light it up box + some heavy foam cut to fit the box. Not 100% perfect but will still help me SEE and reach for these so I can at least use them up and decide what I do and don't want to buy in the full size!

rps20170106_104156.jpg

5 Replies